Major stuttering when playing a video recorded with Afterburner

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Arbitard1171, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Arbitard1171

Arbitard1171 Member

GPU:
    MSi GTX580 LightningX 3GB
    Whenever I record a video and try playing it back with Windows Media Player it just stutters constantly. Any other non-afterburner video works fine in WMP so I don't think its the player. Pretty sure this never happened in older versions of afterburner.

I just downloaded the 3.0.0 beta 6 and the issue is still there. It was there on 2.3.1 as well and even before that (but I forget which version it started in).

I'm uploading a video to youtube right now that I recorded so I'll see if it's still stuttering on there but it won't be done for a few hours.

anyone know what's wrong?

2. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT 12GB
    Have you tried other video players?

Some AVI demuxers are bad at demultipexing high bandwidth streams (such as when recording game video at high resolution and including multi-channel uncompressed audio).

VLC works out of the box.

Media Player Classic Home Cinema works if you disable the built-in AVI filter in Options > Internal Filters > Source Filters > AVI. I don't think you need to install a demuxer, but I could remember wrong.

(I don't know what it would take to get WMP to work, since I never use it myself.)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  3. Arbitard1171

Arbitard1171 Member

GPU:
    MSi GTX580 LightningX 3GB
    Huh didn't think of that.

I tried it with Quicktime player and it stuttered and then crashed (QT is so bad...) but RealPlayer played it nice! It had very minor stuttering though but its easily bearable.