The Witcher 3: New Details (interveiw)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by pjokerxp, Jan 23, 2014.

1. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
  2. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Witcher 3 will be a nvidia game, that's sure, so AMD can have some hiccups.

First, the game is in development for some years, and will not require some monster PC, only SLI, etc.

Second, all GPU series are faster than the previous GPU series. For example in CUDA cores gtx680 came with triple CUDA cores vs. gtx580
    And gtx 780 Ti is more than 30% faster than gtx680.

Expect a Nvidia Maxwell to be more faster than previous series improvements. Aka. a single high-end maxwell will crush the game in 1080p

And last, well, i think Marcin Iwinski's laughs wasn't about that we need a very hardcore PC to run this on max. In PC gaming hardware a good precent of people have only mainstream components, like gtx760, or gtx560 Ti, or AMD 260, etc.

And he talks regarding the majority of gamers, not some minority who have decent gaming systems, like almost all people for guru3d for example.

I remember they said that the game WITHOUT OPTIMIZATIONS ran on a single 680 on 30fps (on what settings don't know). Imagine how it will run on a 780 Ti, which is almost DOUBLE vs. gtx680, or with a nvidia maxwell which could be +30% faster than a 780.

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    AMD will attack with mantle iam pretty sure.

4. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I will just throw in that a lot of new PCs can still not handle Witcher 2 at 1440p+ with ubersampling enabled, I rememer how I struggled with my i7920 and 2x580s when it first came out... so yeah, I am 99% sure that Witcher 3 will crush my current hardware at 1440p with all eyevcandy maxed. I already started saving though, specifically for this game. :D

5. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Titan Black ..oh how i'd love me a titan black. :p

6. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    or two, or 3, your name is SLI-756 after all :eyebrows:

7. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    hmm, I'm guess physX and ubersampling off will give 60fps on a mid range card for 1080p.

8. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    There will be no ubersampling on witcher 3. Only TXAA and other forms of AA.

9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Will wait for patches and GOTY or GOG discounts.

10. Gembel

Gembel Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU 2
    I want decent graphics with heavy optimization and wide FOV :D

11. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    By the time that games comes out, there will be new hardware to play with...

12. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I'm pretty sure it will be arround the time Maxwell high-end line comes out, that is ~ autumn 2014, and I'm VERY sure nvidia will use TW3 as a "next-gen" graphics/physix flagship. :)

13. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Cool interview.

Can anyone who has played Arkham Asylum comment on the combat in that compared to The Witcher 1 & 2? I have < 0 interest in Batman games but I was curious about the combat since TW3 was compared to it in the interview (combat wise).

14. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    TW1 & 2 combat is nothing like Batman games, especially compared to TW1. CDPRojekt have a habbit to overhaul the combat completely from game to game, and if it's similar in ways to the one in Batman then I think it can't be bad at all (the combat in Batman games is very well done imo).

15. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    I don't think is that "fluid" but more like cinematic, I am referring to w3.

16. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Yea very well done indeed..... :/

Smash X to win and Y to dodge.... YOU WIN!

Very complex, whilst I enjoyed Arkham Origins I completed it in 4 hours (that is including quite a few of the side missions as well) the storyline must of been around 2 hours max. Nothing at all like The Witcher series if you ask me and if the third is going the way of Batman (in a word "simple") then count me out.

17. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    I honestly never understood why the witcher reqruires as much as it does... imo it doesnt look nearly as good as crysis, but reqruires as much or even more.

18. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I like it, it looks and feels good (and it can be a bit tricky if you try to use several gadgets in a fight, at least for me). The Witcher will probably be a little more complex than that but if it's as fluid and responsive I'm a happy nerd. :nerd:

19. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    It was the best looking game I'd seen in 2011 and performed ~as good as Crytecs engine on my pc at the time. Not bad considering it was their first inhouse built engine and 1st game using it. That frame-lag issue went away with one of the early patches.

All I can say about TW3 is that... well im hoping for less teenager specific attractions and hopefully no more streamlining, just improving functionality. (another streamlining jump of the W1 -->> W2 level will most likely ruin the game for me as im not a big fan of action games)

20. rodrigoles

rodrigoles Master Guru

GPU:
    Rx 5600 XT
    I'll be more than happy if i'm able to max the game with physx and a cheap aa, like fxaa or smaa, in 1080p at a solid 30fps. :bawl: