Diablo III.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by MrH, Oct 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Well that ain't too bad, loosing your char ain't that bad is it? I mean have to have some sort of stake when pvping.

Atleast what I thought was cool with d2 was that you could talk a little sh** and get people worked up, but eventually you had to put your money where you mouth is (was :eek: ) and either prove your boast or get a little humblepie :)

Back then you could have a friend loot your corpse aswell to not loose any items just had to start leveling again and try a new build, maybe get a few new items to try and make your toon stronger. Iron sharpen iron so to speak.

In diablo 3, I read you won't loose any items your charcter dies but you keep your items, how it works in practice I don't know but it makes the whole thing less of a pita when you die wich you eventually do.

Maybe they will put some kind of HC ladder aswell, like longest surviving HC char, who been in most duels, who killed most high lvl people etc ( sure people will try and pad this but it will probably be quite obvious who within the community is trying to cheat their way up on w/e ladder they will have ).

Anyway not jumping on your case just saying.

/edit

Also the adrenaline ride you get ( well I got ) from HC duels is nice :vader:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  2. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    there's no pvp at release

3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    HC isn't just PvP...and most of the hardcore players I knew in D2, didn't PvP til max level, if at all. Really nothing to lose at that point unless you're a ladder char.

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310

5. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF
    its normal/nightmare/hell and inferno.

6. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    The Skeleton King boss in Act I is not the final boss of Act I from what I've read on the Blizzard forums, although I haven't seen any source of that information. Maybe some people data-mined the Beta and found out about some extra info. You know that old Barbarian presentation video years ago? In that video eventually the Barbarian is joined by a Witch Doctor, and later on 2 extra players come in, and at the end they reach an area with living rotten trees coming to life attacking them in some courtyard of sorts.

From that point the supposed "final" boss of Act I is revealed, that "Siege" beast demon thing that ends up eating half of one of the Barbarian players (the male one I think it was). Well that boss is supposedly the very last boss of Act I. But that was around two years ago I think, and in that video Decard Kain is found in a completely different area and under completely different settings when compared to the Open Beta, so perhaps a lot of things have changed since then.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The beta as I understood it is explained to be a small part of the first act. :)
    (I think the final boss in act 1 is named already but I don't remember currently, could have been that fat demon seen in a earlier cinematic trailer.)

EDIT: And two patches (or what it was.) ago they fixed a exploit with people activating waypoints to a area behind those catacombs. :)
    (But people could only that one area and no further, some sort of field from what I remember, higher level creatures too so it was popular to hunt for items there while it lasted.)

8. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
  9. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Not sure if anything has been officially said from Blizzard or not, so i figured i'd ask here. Is it going to be subscription based, or F2P like D2 (aside from buying the game)?

10. Wanny

Wanny Guest

^ really?

11. trapper_87

trapper_87 Guest

GPU:
    HIS IceQ 7970
    It's not an MMO, its the exact same as D2, only you need to be connected online at all times.

12. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    well yea... i know it's not an MMO.... but that doesn't necessarily mean there wouldn't be a monthly fee, either.

13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Last I heard it would be F2P. Since the game isn't an MMO and has a single-player option, it would be hard to attract customers with a monthly subscription fee. I can't find anything official from Blizzard one way or the other, but that appears to be the general concensus as well....

14. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    It's not an mmo lol.... All they have is an AH based on real $ and that's it.

15. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    There's no monthly fee.....

16. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Not much longer on the Diablo3 beta..... Only 15 more days til official launch.

17. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Bashiok said in a post the other day that the beta is ending May 1st @ 3am PST. (give or take)

18. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Yep, that's what Blizzard said. Less than 12hrs left to get as many runs done as possible before the beta closes. I'll be removing the beta client after F@H finishes it's current WU and loading the release client.

19. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I'll give props to Blizzard, they are the only company that has a beta running for almost 8 months. So there should be ABSOLUTELY no reason for piss poor gameplay come the 15th. :D

20. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    I didn't play the beta too much because I want to save it for the final product, but from what I experienced so far, I think the game is in solid shape(except for the exclusion of arena at launch).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.