Panasonic ToughPad UT-MA6 Windows 8.1 Tablet has a 4K screen

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Enticles

Enticles Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070ti
    Beastly tablet. Beastly price.

3. maize1951

maize1951 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 8GB
    $7000.00 for an tablet? Is Panasonic out of their mind? Hope that's one to many zeros, $700.00 would be closer to what it should be.

4. JEskandari

JEskandari Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 (95w)
    who care about 7000$ tag on it , but honestly tablets are supposed to be mobile , they are supposed to be light , they are supposed to be easy to carry around and now they gonna build 20 inch version of it , who is their target ? Shrek ?

5. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    Look at the specs. This is clearly a commercial grade product meant to be used in harsh environments. Any light weight, smallish tablet would not last a day in places meant for this device.

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
  7. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Ah it's for CAD and design work. Of course, since designers are rich, lets take advantage of them!...

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  8. BadAssMusician

BadAssMusician Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti EGPU
    I would only be interested if there was a light gaming tablet at 13-15" with a GTX 860M-870M on it. This one by Panasonic, no thanks.

9. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    I'm interested 20" 4k but unfortunately the display is onboard and IPS can't be good for very fast motion. Up to ~23"-24" display is sufficient for my infra-ocular lens (IOL) because unfortunately IOL hasn't focus control. ;)

10. entr0cks

entr0cks Member Guru

GPU:
    GV-N660OC-2GD
    Really?!
    This is meant for a smaller niche - developers, architects, designers etc.
    Smaller amount = larger price, to compensate for the product development costs.
    AND AGAIN, It is NOT meant to target the larger public.
    Major props to them for creating something like this - giving some people the tool they might have dreamed of before, who really needed something like this or who really will benefit from having this.

11. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    As usual, another excellent item from an excellent company. Always loved Panasonic and always will.

Agreed the price is ridiculously high, however, this product is aimed at business users, professionals such as architects and CAD professionals. Servicemen such as the Army or jobs that require a rugged device or those who are rich or simply want the best of the best will also buy this ToughPad at the given price tag of $7000. :)

12. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    with that price I could get like 22 wacom cintiq touch and 24 wacom cintiq touch + cintiq companion. Holycrap. So imo there are better options for architects and what not for less.

13. entr0cks

entr0cks Member Guru

GPU:
    GV-N660OC-2GD
    Yeah, but those things aren't really comparable - one is a touchscreen-desk (also an awesome device) and the other is a portable computer. Also the other big difference being the resolution - which is important for me as a developer and semi-designer (can fit more on the screen and at the same time isn't blurred or other wise obscured).

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  14. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Can believe that and yeah for me I got samsung note 10.1 for drawing as I do that loads, cause cintiq tablet cost too much. Just thought that it could actually be bit cheaper ^^ the cintiq companion is maybe tad too small else it would be really great vs this.

Tho 20" isn't that portable it still goes fine in some places. I feel that 13" is bit better of course providing way less screen space.