High End Audiophile thread

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ROBSCIX, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vipu2

Vipu2 Guest

GPU:
    1070ti
    Yeah I thought I dont want to spend that much money to asgard+bifrost so im trying to think about something else.

If I got just modi+magni I wonder if thats good enough for hd650:s?
    Or enough difference compared to my Xonar D2.

2. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Audio-GD NFB15 and Audio-GD NFB11, have a look at these dac/amp too.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  3. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Starting to think audio isn't Vipu's hobby to be tbh.

4. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Another option is you can just get a headphone amp and connect that to your Xonar D2 if you want a even cheaper option. Like a Magni2/uber or Asgard 2 to keep it simple. Then Later on change the Xonar D2 to something else when you get enough money. Instead trying to do it all at once right away.

5. Vipu2

Vipu2 Guest

GPU:
    1070ti
    Thanks, no its not.
    But I still want good sound.
    First I was ready to throw that painful 800€ to that combo but plans changed so now I rather save that money to something else and get something good as cheap as possible.

6. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    If you don't need the portability of external DAC, I don't really see why you should get one unless you hobby is to collect different DACs. D2 isn't low quality source. As far as I know Magni 2 uber shouldn't have no trouble with HD 650s.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  7. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2190-7550
    Have you guys ever heard (or used) of Mac Audio subs? Any opinion?

8. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    NO!

You do NOT need to spend anywhere near that sort of money to get good sound. Don't believe the hype - good audio doesn't have to cost retarded amounts of money.

How much do you have to spend?

9. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    The Cheapest option you can do is what I suggested which was keep using your Asus Xonar D2 sound card and get a headphone amp like the magni2. Which will have no problems with powering your HD 650. If later on you find your self not happy with your Asus Xonar D2, then you can move away from it.

No one was hyping or telling him he had to spend alot of money to get good audio. They was giving him suggestions that is all. I mention what I had only because of how good it performed, I even mention he could just grab a modni2+Magni2 which would been more then enough for him so he didn't think he had to get something he cant afford. There was plenty of other cheaper options that was already mentioned too. It just that he can't make up his mind.

The cheapest thing he could do is either keep his Asus Xonar D2 in and get a external headphone amp for his HD650. Remember hes in Fin so prices for stuff is a lot higher then there is in the USA.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  10. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    I'd found a guy who was willing to custom make two cables, one for a HD700 and another the K812, he'd finished the K812 cable and sent me some shots of the finished cable, I must say I'm impressed with the pro looking K812 cable, waiting anxiously for him to finish the HD700 one as well, then I'd grab both.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Best of all, they didn't cost me a lot, both cables cost a total of about 120USD including parts and labor.

11. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Man, this has got to stop! I've just confirmed a couple of deals, for a HiFiMan HE500 + Audeze Q Cable w/HiFiMan adapter and a Denon AH-D2000.....when will the madness end?!

12. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    When you run out of cash? lol

13. Vipu2

Vipu2 Guest

GPU:
    1070ti
    Yeah, not easy to choose from all options + stuff happens in life so I decided to not spend so much anyway.

Thx to all from help but now I have finally decided :D
    Will get O2 amp and then have Xonar -> o2 -> HD650 and will live happy life after that I hope.

14. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    That cable must cook you dinner too for the amount it cost. The only thing i be doing my self is getting a longer cable off ebay for my HE-500 with the help of some ebucks i have. Then some Focus Pad-A as the cheap velour pads is uncomfortable on my head. I also even thought about getting the sennheiser headband pad and using double sided tape to put it on the headband, instead of the leather headband pad i bought off ebay. Since It may do a better job.

When you have money let alone alot of it, its hard to control your self to stop your self from going on a shopping spree. The only thing that will stop you, is a flying pan to the head from the other ;)

15. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    Ahh no I was just meaning in the wider world where you often see the sort of 'you have to spend over $1k for it to sound half acceptable' comments thrown around :)

O2 + HD650 sounds like a path to zen happiness. Go for it!

I had a chance to have a listen to the HE-500 recently. Wish I hadn't, those things really are awesome. Made me really want some :(

16. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    LOL! :D Not funny though, itself gonna happen sooner rather than later.

Actually, the HE500 AND the Audeze Q Cable bundle cost me about 495USD, I think it's a pretty solid deal.

The part about the frying pan is so true.....perhaps I ought to settle down. My girlfriend is more than willing, but I'm an old dog too used to doing my thing.:infinity:

17. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    HE-500 is 1 damn good set of cans. I payed $599 for mine brand new.

18. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Yea the HE-500 is might great cans, I paid $430 for mine used but it came with new velour pads, I wish it was the focus pads. Tho I wish the user who had it before me included the original cables, because the ones he put on is way too short and cheaply made.

19. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    You aint missing nuthing with the original cables. Mine was faulty a few weeks in. Bought a new set from hifiman and ordered this from ebay.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/171502941211?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
    Havent gotten that set yet. I`m having a hard time rma my first set with hifiman. I emailed them my invoice a dozen times and they want the original paper receipt that I did not get from amazon. freaking joke of an rma service

20. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    The thing that attracted me to the Audeze Q Cable was that the seller had detachable HiFiMan adapters, I can use these adapters with my Effects Audio cable which came with my LCD 2. That would enable me to use the HE400i and HE500 with the Effects Audio cable as well. I'd checked with Audeze and was surprised that a 1.5m run of the cable >200USD mark, made my HE500 + Q Cable bundle look even more awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.