RT 2.01 will not retain/add plugin - help!

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by originalrobby, Jun 26, 2007.

1. originalrobby

originalrobby New Member

This worked for me before, I was able to add the nvthermaldiode.dll and then I got this plugin cpucorediode.dll to monitor my x2 4400+ temps and then the gpu diode (nvidia) disappeared.. i uninstalled and reinstalled rivatuner the latest one and I still cannot add the plugins.. I now cannot add any third party ones only the default ones.. I tried smart.dll as well...

I wonder if this is a registry corruption or something, what should I do ? All I want is to have the GPU DIODE temp and the CORE TEMPS.. please help me guys I really want to use this amazing utility. Thanks in advance and for all of your efforts.

Also to note: I meant 2.01 rivatuner and I noticed something about load library hooking fixed.. in 2.02 this was crashing my games with it enabled with 158.18 8800gts, maybe this will be fixed ?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2007
  2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Define "I cannot add the plugins". The plugins are not available in list? You're unable to tick them? Ticking them doesn't result in adding new data sources to the list?

Enabling that option prevented any application from starting with 2.01. That is fixed.

3. originalrobby

originalrobby New Member

Hello again

Unwinder, thanks so much for the fast reply..

well when I click on the plugins button (under hardware monitoring) I see the available plugins (which i put in the plugins folder) and i check them (tick the checkmark) to activate but then i click ok and they do not actually appear in the window where you would 'setup' to show in osd for example or to chaange their min and max values you see.. and also this is on vista man

Thanks again, if u need more info I could provide, it's weird because it used to work, I wondeer if the cpucorediode.dll plugin caused some sort of corruption but Ithink your program cleans the registry well upon uninstall...

So to answer your question directly, 'thicking' them does not appear to add them to the data source list man...

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  4. Unwinder

Does it happen with _any_ plugin (e.g. SysMem) or you have problems with cpucorediode plugin only? If it is specific to cpucorediode, then address your question to the plugin developer. Is is developed by third party, not by me.

5. Unwinder

BTW, I've edited your thread name as it applies to v2.01, not v2.02.

6. originalrobby

originalrobby New Member

well it does seem to happen with smart.dll and nvidiathermaldiode... but i noticed it was since trying to add cpucorediode.dll that now i cannot add any others... I can still add the ones that are default built in.. like the gpuproble.dll.. i don't know man, it's messed up, i spent alot of time on it, i even went about the power user way and different combinations, what's messed is that I unistalled it..

7. Unwinder

Try to remove cpucorediode plugin .dll (which is probably corrupted according to your description) from RT plugins folder and see if it helps. Also, to ensure that you're understanding your actions: how do you determine that nvthermaldiode is not working for example? Do you realize that it is not supposed to add new graph and additional provider should be added to core temperature graph instead?
    Do you understand that you're not supposed to receive data from _all_ enabled plugins? The plugin provides data only if hardware is able to report it, e.g. SMART plugin requires SMART-capable hard drive with SMART enabled in BIOS, and RAID arrays are not supported by it. Do you understand that and know for sure thar SMART plugin is supposed to work (and worked before) on your system?
    Also, completely stupid question: are you still on K8 CPU? cpucorediode plugin supports CPU monitoring just for AMD K8 architecture.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  8. originalrobby

originalrobby New Member

Hey man, thanks again for your help.

Well to begin answering your questions... I made sure i removed the RivaTuner folder after uninstallation (as I said I played around with it quite abit) because I also thought maybe the cpucorediode.dll was messed... I also could swear I saw gpu graph (it showed temp in the graph) i rmember this because I was comparing the values to everest and they both showed same temp, but I swear I saw it in the graph (unless I was drinking that night)... also I know the hardware is supposed to support it, I don't know if smart.dll will work but the drive is a barracuda .10 series smart enabled of course... but who cares about smart.dll.. I will play around with it again and see if I can fix this, I think it's a registry entry somewhere unless you tell me that the uninstaller completely clears everything which I'm sure it does... I did not understand what you meant by 'additional provider' should be added to the cpu core temp.. anyways thanks again I will keep trying!

9. Unwinder

There is NO additional graph or data source added when you're enabling NVThermalDiode plugin. Additional provider is added to default "Core temperature" graph instead. You can select NvThermalDiode's temperature reading instead of default one (provided by ForceWare drivers, which are reading temepratures from the diode too, btw) by right clicking "Core temperature" graph, selecting "Setup" from the context menu then selecting NVThermalDiode provider instead of default one in the graph's properties.
    I suppose everything is working properly and there is just a misunderstanding.

10. originalrobby

originalrobby New Member

Man!!! you are SOOOOOO RIGHT! damn!!! I totally get it now:smoke: .. my fault.. i soo missed the data provider setting there on that screen.. i'm still new to your program and I find it complex but don't get me wrong it has to be since it's such an awesome utility...

I know i was drinking :puke2: the night i set it up and had it all working nice :p so I must have been clicking everywhere :) haha.. anyways, can I have your autograph!!!???:approval:

11. Unwinder

Congratulations, I'm glad that you've got it working ;)