Rivatuner not working with 8800GT

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by IceFrogg, Mar 18, 2008.

1. IceFrogg

IceFrogg New Member

GPU:
    Galaxy 8800GT
    Hey,

basically i don't think Rivatuner works with my 8800GT.

1 : It measures my fan speed as 0 constantly.

2 : I hear no increase in noise when fan levels change

3 : I started a thread along the lines of somthing like this earlier but my question wasn't really answerd.

4 : I have a Galaxy 8800GT with large fan ( no cover) and a 2 line fan cord.
    Is there anyway i can get Rivatuner to work with my 8800GT? I use .21 driver.

My 8800GT idles @ 45 and somtimes get to 68 when gaming. Also, i want it to work if i ever need to overclock.

Thanks
    Cammo

EDIT : i heard somewhere that a nother line needs to be added to the engine to make it work with the 8800GT but i cudnt find nething.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

That is not "RivaTuner not working", that is "your hardware lack fan control and monitoring capability" case.
    What's a point in blaiming software for missing fan RPM readings, if you have 2-wire fan with no tachometer?

3. Andrés

Andrés Guest

Any fan, not just the video card's fan, needs to have a third pin to enable RPM monitoring. If you want full control, it needs to have four pins (that makes it a PWM fan). With only two pins you cannot monitor the RPMs because they are just the power line and the ground line.

4. IceFrogg

IceFrogg New Member

GPU:
    Galaxy 8800GT
    I wasn't blaming Rivatuner i was stating that it doesnt work WITH my 8800GT

Anyways thx 4 the reply, now if a bought an upgrade from stock cooling to a fan with more than 2 cords, would that help? or does my vid card lack a sensor chip?

5. Andrés

Andrés Guest

If your video card's physical male connector is 2-pins only, then I'm afraid you won't be able monitor RPMs.

6. IceFrogg

IceFrogg New Member

GPU:
    Galaxy 8800GT
    my vid card does have 2 2pin headers.

like 1 in the left corner and one in the right.

is that = 2 4 pins?