Mozilla Firefox, new releases, Add-Ons, tips for customisation

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by CrazY_Milojko, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
  2. maur0

maur0 Master Guru

GPU:
    point of view gtx 570 1gb

probably almost nothing, only a 4-day difference between the date and beta7 and final version

3. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Firefox 37.0 Final Stable 32bit for Windows is out, atm still not available via autoupdate:
    ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/37.0/win32/

release notes / change log:
    https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/37.0/releasenotes/

Btw, still no signs of non-Beta official Firefox 64bit :(

Also Firefox 38.0 Beta 1 for Windows is out, 32bit and 64bit:
    ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/38.0b1/win32/
    ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/38.0b1/win64/
    ...so I guess first official non-Beta 64bit Firefox is going to be FF 38.0.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  4. maur0

maur0 Master Guru

GPU:
    pcxFirefox 37.0 x64 SSE2 edition

Features:
    1) Optimize for x64 CPU
    2) Introduce multithread load and portable feature ( set Portable=1 in tmemutil.ini to enable the portable feature )
    3) Implement config.trim_on_minimize on Vista+ OS again, but set it to false by default
    4) Provide a tmemutil alternative open source module, whose source code is hosted in https://bitbucket.org/xunxun/tmemutil-3rd ( initial upstream source code comes from https://code.google.com/p/libportable/source/browse/ ). My tmemutil-3rd may not be synchronized updating with libportable, if you want to use latest libportable, you can download http://sourceforge.net/projects/libportable/files/Tools/portable_bin.7z/download , and rename portable32.dll or portable64.dll to tmemutil.dll
    5) Enable internal plugin white list ( see http://bbs.kafan.cn/thread-1757700-1-1.html )
    6) Implement System Clock Tweak Experimental Feature ( details below, may be changed in future editions )
    7) Implement SmartRAM Experimental Feature ( details below, may be changed in future editions )
    8) Add Google GEO API Key ( You can test it from http://mozqa.com/data/firefox/geolocation/position.html and https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/examples/map-geolocation, other custom build may lack this feature )
    9) Add Google Oauth API Key ( You can test it from Firefox Hello import contacts service, other custom build may lack this feature )
    10) Support Bundled Fonts, in favour of Portable fonts ( --enable-bundled-fonts, put your fonts to firefox/fonts, then you can find the fonts in firefox options )

Build Method Improvement
    BetterPGO

About System Clock Tweak Experimental Feature
    System Clock Rate ( abbreviated as SCR below ) Tweak
    Provide some about:config options to modify SCR at startup
    1) pcxfirefox.scr.enabled : The option control whether to modify SCR, whose default value is true ( Enabled SCR modifying at startup ).
    2) pcxfirefox.scr.always : The option control whether to modify SCR if you use Battery Power, whose default value is false ( If you use Battery Power, set scr.always to false wont modify SCR, if you set it true, that will ignore Power type detect. )
    pcxfirefox.scr.timer : The option provides Battery Power detecting period ( unit is second ), when reaching this time, detecing your Power Type again to do the behavior depending on pcxfirefox.scr.always

About SmatRAM Experimental Feature
    Control your present RAM
    Provide some about:config options related with SmartRAM at startup
    1) pcxfirefox.memory.firefox.smart : The option controls whether to enable SmartRAM feature, whose default value is true ( Enabled SmartRAM at startup ).
    2) pcxfirefox.memory.firefox.smart.dynamic : The option controls different memory trim methods, whose default value is true, when it is true, then pcxfirefox.memory.firefox.smart.dynamic.min and pcxfirefox.memory.firefox.smart.dynamic.ratio is valid.
    pcxfirefox.memory.firefox.smart.dynamic.min : The option controls SmartRAM dynamic method's minimized memory you want, whose default value is 128 MB.
    pcxfirefox.memory.firefox.smart.dynamic.ratio : The option controls SmartRAM dynamic method's the memory ratio you want, whose default value is 80, which means when hitting SmartRAM dynamic method event, the memory will be released to the 80% of the firefox.exe's present memory.
    3) pcxfirefox.memory.firefox.smart.keep : The option controls SmartRAM keep method's memory size, whose default value is 512 MB, which meanswhen hitting SmartRAM event, the memory will be released to 512 MB. When pcxfirefox.memory.firefox.smart.dynamic is false, the option is valid.
    4) pcxfirefox.memory.firefox.smart.timer : The option provides SmartRAM event period ( unit is second ), whose default value is 3600 seconds.
    CAUTION: dont't set pcxfirefox.memory.firefox.smart.dynamic.ratio, pcxfirefox.memory.firefox.smart.keep, and pcxfirefox.memory.firefox.smart.timer to a very small value, if you really want a small value, please use them at your own risk ( which will greatly increased your OS's I/O pressure )!

About tmemutil.dll
    It is mine public fork from libportable, and I make it compatible with tete009's tmemutil.dll
    The setting file is also tmemutil.ini, you can see tmemutil-sample.ini for an example
    The tmemutil.dll's new feature compared to tete009's tmemutil.dll is
    1) Security Enhancements ( SafeEx=1 ), if you don't know what it is, you should keep SafeEx=0
    2) Process White List ( Prevent some API hook and Browser overflow attacks, EnableWhiteList=1 ), if you don't know what it is, you should keep EnableWhiteList=0
    3) Provide another two Environment Variables ( TmpDataPath and NpluginPath )
    4) Provide Bosskey function ( Bosskey=1 ), you can refer to https://code.google.com/p/cppinfo/wiki/about_portable_configuration_file?tm=6#热键使用
    5) Provide another portable mode ( Nocompatete=1 ), whose portable path is very shallow

Download
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcxfirefox/files/Release/Firefox/37.x/37.0/x64/sse2/

5. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Now available via auto-update, as just got it through :p

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
  7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    native support for html5 on youtube is nicem even if i rarely on the site, now we just the other sites out there to switch to it.

8. maur0

maur0 Master Guru

GPU:
  9. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Yup, just noticed this myself, pretty good.

This will put it as one of the last hurdles to do away with flash.

10. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC

11. maur0

maur0 Master Guru

GPU:
  12. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  13. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Cheers, just came through auto-update :)

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    ironicly, youtube was automatically use html5 when i original posted about not it back to using flash by default haha

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Ok so found fix to youtube not automatically using html5 by default with flash set to ask to activate with out resorting to addon.

go to youtube click the button/lock right before the url More information>permissions setting cookies to allow, this effectively white list youtube cookies go https://www.youtube.com/html5 change it html5 and youtube will continue using html5 from then unless you delete cookies to youtube. some people may or may not have issue with white listing there cookies personal it not site i want to remember cookies from, and would much rather firefox or cyberfox x64 in my cause just uses html5 by default if available instead of just defualt to flash so long as flash is enabled.

Sidenote is there and x64 build of FF that auto update version like mozilla builds, meaning if there update it notifies you lets you download it then installs it, none this manual downloading and installing.

Other wise if and when mozilla final release x64 builds i switching back to it, make maintaining update x64 build on multiple computers difficult special when i dont have access to all these computers and said person that that pc barely know how to use the internet and pc so asking them to do it manually wont happen.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015

16. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    tsunami231, thanks for the hint!

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    fiqure it would be help full for people that frequent youtube if i acutal frequented youtube more often i would know about while go seeing i whitelist the cookies i want kept rest are all just remove on exit.

18. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Firefox 38.0 Beta 2 is out, both x86 & x64 versions

19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    lets see what happens first, If Cyberfox x64 creator finish his update system that works like mozilla update system, or if mozila actual released official x64 builds first

20. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Whatever happens but dunno why I'm still more confident in releases coming directly from Mozilla's kitchen so I'm gonna wait for Mozilla's x64 release of Firefox stable before finally make a jump to x64 browsing experience. Tried Cyberfox x64 earlier but didn't like it, can't explain why, probably just that strange feeling that it's not original Mozilla's product, almost blindly faithful to Mozilla FF since FF 3.x releases.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.