Core temp reporting too low? 32C at full load

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by meatloaf2, Feb 24, 2013.

1. meatloaf2

meatloaf2 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 3 7850 2GB
    I'm just wondering if Core Temp is reporting the temps too low, I generally Idle pretty low, in the high teens to the low 20s. And I have a pretty low ambient room temp.

I'm running Prime95 @100% cpu usage.

For cooling I have a Coolermaster Hyper 212+ and quite a few case fans, 5 if I remember correctly.

CPU is a Phenom II x4 960t that I recently lowered my overclock to 3.6Ghz. Figured I'd run a stress test to see if my lower voltage would cause me any problems.

I just wanted a second opinion to see if maybe I need to worry about having higher temps than is being reported. As I often read relatively high temps reported from people online. I have a low room temp but 32c seems suspiciously low, especially for an overclock.

2. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Can you post a picture of HWMonitor (preferably maximized so it shows all temps) after doing a stress test?

3. meatloaf2

meatloaf2 Guest

GPU:
    Certainly.

http://oi49.tinypic.com/2uqknko.jpg

I let it run for 10 or so minutes before taking a screeny. Threw in some core temp and task manager for good measure. The max temp is lower than last time, landing at about 30, while the max earlier was 33 as you can see from core temp.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    CPUTIN is what you want to keep an eye on.

5. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Yeah, your core sensor is most likely reading about 10C too low. With that said though, you're absolutely fine temp wise. Just watch CPUTIN, and ensure that it stays below 65 or so.

6. meatloaf2

meatloaf2 Guest

GPU:
    Alright thanks guys, I was a little worried about it being drastically low, especially with that 15c min core temp. Although my room is actually quite cold now in the winter, probably below 15c. It's invigorating :) and heat gives me headaches.

I'll keep an eye on the CPUTIN though, good to know what to watch.

I almost want to make some kind of contraption to feed the winter air directly into my case intake, sub freezing air would keep it mighty cool, if the moisture doesn't destroy it. Makes me want to get some kind of really long liquid setup with the window being the placement for the radiator, that could have some pretty awesome effects if the liquid doesn't freeze.