Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Videocards > Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section
Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section In this section you can discuss everything GeForce driver related. GeForce ForceWare and GeForce Exerience drivers are for NVIDIA Quadro and all GeForce based videocards.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Nvidia 970 incobatible with AOC monitor
Old
  (#1)
boombastik
Master Guru
 
Videocard: PNY GTX 970 XLR8 OC
Processor: i7 4790
Mainboard: Assrock z97 Anniversary
Memory: 2x8=16GB 1600MHZ corsair
Soundcard: X-fi Xreme audio-Keposon
PSU: Thermaltake BerlinV3 650w
Default Nvidia 970 incobatible with AOC monitor - 06-08-2017, 13:57 | posts: 185 | Location: greece

I have a gtx 970 Pny with latest firmware 84.04.84.00.A4

With a philips monitor dvi to dvi all is ok.

Now i bought a new monitor AOC E2275swj. 1920x1080 60 hz

Dvi to Dvi :
If i start my machine with monitor plugged in (uefi mode) pc beeps 3 times and qontinues to post but monitor stays in standbye mode until the login of windows.
If i disable uefi and start up machine in combatibility mode monitor start ups but in login screen the windows have 1024x800 resolution and in device manager i see non pnp monitor.

If i choose hdmi to hdmi all works ok.


I found in internet that aoc monitors have problem with dvi and display port with all the gtx970

Here is a video where with and aoc problem:
Hdmi works ok and displayport to displayport have a 3 beep
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T4Pv9-snBE with zotac 970.


It is posible from manuel to take a look?
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#2)
sapo_joe
Master Guru
 
Videocard: EVGA GTX 980 SC @1392Mhz
Processor: AMD PhenomII X6 1090T@3.7
Mainboard: Asus M4A78 Pro
Memory: 8GB DDRII 667Mhz Dual Ch.
Soundcard: SB X-Fi Titanium
PSU: 620W Antec Gamer
Default 06-08-2017, 21:35 | posts: 524 | Location: Brazil

So why not use HDMI instead? You already know DVI will cause you problems...
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#3)
boombastik
Master Guru
 
Videocard: PNY GTX 970 XLR8 OC
Processor: i7 4790
Mainboard: Assrock z97 Anniversary
Memory: 2x8=16GB 1600MHZ corsair
Soundcard: X-fi Xreme audio-Keposon
PSU: Thermaltake BerlinV3 650w
Default 06-08-2017, 21:58 | posts: 185 | Location: greece

Because not all models have HDMI they have display port and dvi and with both of them don't works.
The card bios is created in 2015 and the firmware of the monitor is December 2016. I find this unacceptable. Aoc monitors are famous how it is possible to have problems with dvi and displayport problems?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#4)
dr_rus
Maha Guru
 
dr_rus's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX 1080 GRP
Processor: i7-6850K
Mainboard: Sabertooth X99
Memory: 64 GB DDR4
Soundcard: SB X-Fi Ti
PSU: CM V1200 Platinum
Default 06-08-2017, 23:20 | posts: 1,699

Why not ask AOC this question? The monitor was obviously released later than the card.
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#5)
pegasus1
Master Guru
 
pegasus1's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI 1080Ti@2Ghz
Processor: i7 SB @4.9ghz
Mainboard: MSI Z86A GD80
Memory: 16GB Corsair DDR 1866mhz
Soundcard: OB + Creative 5.1
PSU: Corsair 850
Default 06-08-2017, 23:24 | posts: 632 | Location: Essex

Thats why its always important to do your research before splashing the cash.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#6)
boombastik
Master Guru
 
Videocard: PNY GTX 970 XLR8 OC
Processor: i7 4790
Mainboard: Assrock z97 Anniversary
Memory: 2x8=16GB 1600MHZ corsair
Soundcard: X-fi Xreme audio-Keposon
PSU: Thermaltake BerlinV3 650w
Default 06-09-2017, 07:27 | posts: 185 | Location: greece

the monitor work with a gts 450.

@pegasus1 my researh was if the monitor has good colours, fast respnonce times, good caps, and generally if it is vfm for 80 euros and yes i didnt research if a monitor is compatible with a gtx card with a dvi protocol witch is 20 yeal old because is beyond my research skill.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#7)
pegasus1
Master Guru
 
pegasus1's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI 1080Ti@2Ghz
Processor: i7 SB @4.9ghz
Mainboard: MSI Z86A GD80
Memory: 16GB Corsair DDR 1866mhz
Soundcard: OB + Creative 5.1
PSU: Corsair 850
Default 06-09-2017, 07:36 | posts: 632 | Location: Essex

Quote:
Originally Posted by boombastik View Post
the monitor work with a gts 450.

@pegasus1 my researh was if the monitor has good colours, fast respnonce times, good caps, and generally if it is vfm for 80 euros and yes i didnt research if a monitor is compatible with a gtx card with a dvi protocol witch is 20 yeal old because is beyond my research skill.
Are you sure because ..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by boombastik View Post

I found in internet that aoc monitors have problem with dvi and display port with all the gtx970
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#8)
boombastik
Master Guru
 
Videocard: PNY GTX 970 XLR8 OC
Processor: i7 4790
Mainboard: Assrock z97 Anniversary
Memory: 2x8=16GB 1600MHZ corsair
Soundcard: X-fi Xreme audio-Keposon
PSU: Thermaltake BerlinV3 650w
Default 06-09-2017, 07:59 | posts: 185 | Location: greece

i found it after i meet the problem...
Before i bought, it is difficult to take into considaration and to research aoc dont work with dvi with gtx 970 because my brain didnt expect that a monitor might have a problem with dvi connection with a card.
How can research something , if u have never meet it in the past.

Last edited by boombastik; 06-09-2017 at 08:02.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#9)
kevnb
Master Guru
 
Videocard: asus strix 970/ 3.5 + .5
Processor: i5 4460
Mainboard:
Memory: 24 gigs
Soundcard:
PSU: XIGMATEK 650w
Default 06-12-2017, 19:21 | posts: 324 | Location: Canada

It cant be a problem with all aoc monitors and 970s, there are several videos on youtube of people using the two together. Not to mention the 970 is one of the most popular models of video card, if this was an issue for every aoc monitor and every 970 the internet would blow up. That being said, if hdmi works just use that.

Last edited by kevnb; 06-12-2017 at 19:28.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#10)
boombastik
Master Guru
 
Videocard: PNY GTX 970 XLR8 OC
Processor: i7 4790
Mainboard: Assrock z97 Anniversary
Memory: 2x8=16GB 1600MHZ corsair
Soundcard: X-fi Xreme audio-Keposon
PSU: Thermaltake BerlinV3 650w
Default 06-13-2017, 09:25 | posts: 185 | Location: greece

I have found the solution this is propably a bug with asus motherboard because i tried an asus z97 and have the same problem.

The solution is this:
U must enable csm and the u must put boot from pcie/pci legacy oprom.
Otherwise it dont work.


http://tinypic.com/r/2wdmsqw/9
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#11)
Mda400
Master Guru
 
Mda400's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA GTX 980 1519/7906mhz
Processor: i7-4790k @ 4.7ghz 1.29v
Mainboard: Asus z97-E LGA 1150
Memory: 16GB Corsair DDR3 2400mhz
Soundcard: LG LHB326 Receiver (HDMI)
PSU: Ultra X4 1050w (76A 12v)
Default 06-13-2017, 16:04 | posts: 596 | Location: Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by boombastik View Post
I have found the solution this is propably a bug with asus motherboard because i tried an asus z97 and have the same problem.

The solution is this:
U must enable csm and the u must put boot from pcie/pci legacy oprom.
Otherwise it dont work.


http://tinypic.com/r/2wdmsqw/9
If that's the workaround and you've tried multiple motherboards, i'd say that's more an issue with your card's UEFI module which is needed for UEFI boot as well as features like Secure Boot and Fast Boot.

It could be corrupted in some way that doesn't allow UEFI boot. A firmware reflash/update might fix that.

Update your motherboard's UEFI firmware too if you haven't already.

Last edited by Mda400; 06-13-2017 at 16:59.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#12)
boombastik
Master Guru
 
Videocard: PNY GTX 970 XLR8 OC
Processor: i7 4790
Mainboard: Assrock z97 Anniversary
Memory: 2x8=16GB 1600MHZ corsair
Soundcard: X-fi Xreme audio-Keposon
PSU: Thermaltake BerlinV3 650w
Default 06-13-2017, 17:59 | posts: 185 | Location: greece

With another monitor works ok.
Also as i said with aoc the pc start in uefi mode but i dont see the post and the monitor stay in standby mode until i reach the login screen.

I tried with an asrock in a pc store and work as intended.

This is a bug in asus+gtx 970+aoc
And propably in asus motherboard.

The same bug exista also with zotac 970:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T4Pv9-snBE
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#13)
Mda400
Master Guru
 
Mda400's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA GTX 980 1519/7906mhz
Processor: i7-4790k @ 4.7ghz 1.29v
Mainboard: Asus z97-E LGA 1150
Memory: 16GB Corsair DDR3 2400mhz
Soundcard: LG LHB326 Receiver (HDMI)
PSU: Ultra X4 1050w (76A 12v)
Default 06-13-2017, 21:12 | posts: 596 | Location: Minnesota

You claim you've tried with different motherboards, tried a gts 450 with the aoc monitor (I assume by DVI too right?), and even tried an HDMI connection with the gtx 970 and AOC (which works by looking at your posts).

So seeing as the AOC monitor CAN work over DVI (with the GTS 450) and does not fully with the GTX 970, then the card or AOC monitor's DVI connection is the issue in some way.

Where you claim the card works with a different monitor over DVI, then say HDMI works between the GTX 970 and AOC monitor it comes down to the cable itself by this understanding.

Have you tried a different DVI cable? ha, because a lot of this info contradicts itself. Otherwise please clarify as not all GTX 970's have this issue. This is not something ManuelG can fix as there is a manufacturing defect somewhere in your setup.

Last edited by Mda400; 06-13-2017 at 21:32.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#14)
boombastik
Master Guru
 
Videocard: PNY GTX 970 XLR8 OC
Processor: i7 4790
Mainboard: Assrock z97 Anniversary
Memory: 2x8=16GB 1600MHZ corsair
Soundcard: X-fi Xreme audio-Keposon
PSU: Thermaltake BerlinV3 650w
Default 06-13-2017, 23:42 | posts: 185 | Location: greece

yes manual can not fix it because my 970 in asus motherboard dont work with aoc, in asrock motherboard work so the conclusion is asus motherboard (2 different models) have a bug with 970 with that aoc model .
I will leave it as is


thanks
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#15)
Mda400
Master Guru
 
Mda400's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA GTX 980 1519/7906mhz
Processor: i7-4790k @ 4.7ghz 1.29v
Mainboard: Asus z97-E LGA 1150
Memory: 16GB Corsair DDR3 2400mhz
Soundcard: LG LHB326 Receiver (HDMI)
PSU: Ultra X4 1050w (76A 12v)
Default 06-14-2017, 16:20 | posts: 596 | Location: Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by boombastik View Post
yes manual can not fix it because my 970 in asus motherboard dont work with aoc, in asrock motherboard work so the conclusion is asus motherboard (2 different models) have a bug with 970 with that aoc model .
I will leave it as is


thanks
Which motherboard models from Asus if I may ask? Are the PCI-E slots set to auto and not a manual bus speed? iGPU disabled/discrete graphics card set as default?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#16)
boombastik
Master Guru
 
Videocard: PNY GTX 970 XLR8 OC
Processor: i7 4790
Mainboard: Assrock z97 Anniversary
Memory: 2x8=16GB 1600MHZ corsair
Soundcard: X-fi Xreme audio-Keposon
PSU: Thermaltake BerlinV3 650w
Default 06-14-2017, 22:38 | posts: 185 | Location: greece

asus b85 plus and an asus z97 in a store . (i dont remember model)
pcie auto and igpu disabled.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#17)
Mda400
Master Guru
 
Mda400's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA GTX 980 1519/7906mhz
Processor: i7-4790k @ 4.7ghz 1.29v
Mainboard: Asus z97-E LGA 1150
Memory: 16GB Corsair DDR3 2400mhz
Soundcard: LG LHB326 Receiver (HDMI)
PSU: Ultra X4 1050w (76A 12v)
Default 06-15-2017, 20:39 | posts: 596 | Location: Minnesota

Alright. Well I wouldn't rule this as a universal GTX 970 or AOC issue.

Brother has an EVGA GTX 970 and an asus z87-deluxe, albeit an acer monitor and doesn't experience this issue.

So specifically your PNY card or monitor is the culprit.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#18)
Agent-A01
Ancient Guru
 
Agent-A01's Avatar
 
Videocard: 1080Ti H20
Processor: i7 5930K 4.7GHz H20
Mainboard: ASUS X99-AU31
Memory: G.Skill 32GB 3200C12
Soundcard: ASUS Phoebus
PSU: EVGA P2-1200W
Default 06-16-2017, 15:17 | posts: 9,476 | Location: USA

Post GPU-Z screenshot..
Maybe GPU bios update will fix issue.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#19)
boombastik
Master Guru
 
Videocard: PNY GTX 970 XLR8 OC
Processor: i7 4790
Mainboard: Assrock z97 Anniversary
Memory: 2x8=16GB 1600MHZ corsair
Soundcard: X-fi Xreme audio-Keposon
PSU: Thermaltake BerlinV3 650w
Default 06-16-2017, 18:16 | posts: 185 | Location: greece

last statement for me the problem is asus motherboard when u have a gtx 970 + aoc monitor.


Asus b85 + pny 970 +aoc= failure
Asus z97 + pny 970+aoc= failure
Asus z87 + zotac 970+ aoc = failure
Asus b85 + pny 970 + philips monitor =works
Asus b85 + pny 970 +viewsonic monitor=works

Asrock motherboard in store works with all of them

Pny has the firmware 84.04.36.00.A9
But i also tried 84.04.84.00.A4

Asus motherboards have problem to work in pure uefi mode when u have a gtx 970 + aoc monitor.
To work as intended with asus u need to leave cms enabled.(uefi+legacy)
But u dont lost anything u have uefi boot mode and and secure boot on but u loose some seconds from booting.

Last edited by boombastik; 06-16-2017 at 18:21.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#20)
Agent-A01
Ancient Guru
 
Agent-A01's Avatar
 
Videocard: 1080Ti H20
Processor: i7 5930K 4.7GHz H20
Mainboard: ASUS X99-AU31
Memory: G.Skill 32GB 3200C12
Soundcard: ASUS Phoebus
PSU: EVGA P2-1200W
Default 06-16-2017, 18:24 | posts: 9,476 | Location: USA

Are you on latest 2305 bios for B85?

Also make sure to update Me firmware after bios update..
They released update for it 11 days ago.

8 and 9 Series ME (Version 9.1.41.3024) Update Tool
Improve system stability and security

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/B8...Desk_Download/
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#21)
boombastik
Master Guru
 
Videocard: PNY GTX 970 XLR8 OC
Processor: i7 4790
Mainboard: Assrock z97 Anniversary
Memory: 2x8=16GB 1600MHZ corsair
Soundcard: X-fi Xreme audio-Keposon
PSU: Thermaltake BerlinV3 650w
Default 06-16-2017, 18:53 | posts: 185 | Location: greece

Yes 2305 and i have the last firmware 9.1.41.3024
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#22)
Afterdark
Newbie
 
Videocard: GTX 1080 ti 11gb
Processor: Intel Core i7 7700k
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair HX1000i
Default 06-29-2017, 04:32 | posts: 4

This same thing happens to me. It only happens when I have the monitors turned OFF (not in standby) while booting. If monitors are on first, I do not get any beeps.

My GPU is a GTX 1080ti and monitors are LG, using display port. Asus ROG Maximus ix Hero motherboard.

Now, when i first built this PC about a month ago I hadn't bought the new 4k LG monitors yet and was using my old dell monitors with dvi and hdmi connections, no beeps. My theory is that an automatic setting was made with the original old monitors using dvi/hdmi, which are no longer being detected, because now I am using display port.

So the question is, how do I erase that setting? It must be in the BIOS somewhere. As for someones earlier suggestion to change the CM mode to on, I can't do that because I use a m.2 SSD as my boot disk (or can I?).

Any further help would be appreciated.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#23)
bishi
Master Guru
 
Videocard: GTX 1080 SLI
Processor: 5960X
Mainboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme
Memory: 32GB DDR4
Soundcard: Logitech G633
PSU: 1200W
Default 06-29-2017, 09:48 | posts: 525 | Location: UK

Can't you just use a cheap dp to hdmi converter
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#24)
Afterdark
Newbie
 
Videocard: GTX 1080 ti 11gb
Processor: Intel Core i7 7700k
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair HX1000i
Default 06-29-2017, 10:43 | posts: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishi View Post
Can't you just use a cheap dp to hdmi converter
Sure, but it would make it impossible to play games in 4k with good FPS.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#25)
bishi
Master Guru
 
Videocard: GTX 1080 SLI
Processor: 5960X
Mainboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme
Memory: 32GB DDR4
Soundcard: Logitech G633
PSU: 1200W
Default 06-29-2017, 10:45 | posts: 525 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afterdark View Post
Sure, but it would make it impossible to play games in 4k with good FPS.
Replying to OP. Make your own thread and don't hijack his.
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright (c) 2017, All Rights Reserved. The Guru of 3D, the Hardware Guru, and 3D Guru are trademarks owned by Hilbert Hagedoorn.