Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Videocards > Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section
Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section In this section you can discuss everything GeForce driver related. GeForce ForceWare and GeForce Exerience drivers are for NVIDIA Quadro and all GeForce based videocards.

Old
  (#176)
Susahamat
Member Guru

Videocard: Asus Poseidon GTX 980 Ti
Processor: Intel i7 6700K
Mainboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
Memory: TridentZ 3200Mhz 16GBDDR4
Soundcard:
PSU: XTR 750 Watt
Default 05-02-2017, 01:57 | posts: 82 | Location: West Java , ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow85 View Post
Any Gears of War 4 SLI bits that work?
Multi-GPU Support for Gears of War 4 release on may update tomorrow

https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums/...640e36b1/posts

Old
  (#177)
GuruKnight
Maha Guru

Videocard: 980 Ti AMP! Extreme SLI
Processor: Intel Core i7 5930K
Mainboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme
Memory: 16GB Corsair DDR4
Soundcard: Onboard+Sennheiser HD 595
PSU: 1500W SilverStone Strider
Default 05-02-2017, 23:14 | posts: 838 | Location: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinoaz View Post
Granted I really don't fully understand all the SLI Bits but anyone have a chance to look at Star Citizen?

I've been messing around but not sure which DX11 profiles would be a starting point? Star Citizen I believe is migrating to Vulkan, which from what I understand kills SLI unless specifically coded for it.

Since I'm running Windows 10/DX12, maybe I need to add launch option to launch the game in DX11 then find a compatible bits for the SLI profile.

Yeah, like I'll figure that one out...not. Any help from the Gurus on this?
Did you actually try some of these custom profiles I suggested, like for example "0x000040F5"?
Please also remember to check with something like MSI Afterburner or similar, if Star Citizen is indeed still running in DX11 mode.
I would be happy to add the game to my spreadsheet, provided you include some high quality screenshot comparisons (Single GPU vs. 2-way SLI) with FPS numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susahamat View Post
Multi-GPU Support for Gears of War 4 release on may update tomorrow

https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums/...640e36b1/posts
Very interesting information indeed
Personally I don't own GOW 4, but maybe it would be possible for another user to provide some hard data on how well the game actually scales with DX12 MGPU?

Old
  (#178)
cheddle

Videocard: Tri-Sli 1080ti FE
Processor: i7-5820k @ 4.75ghz
Mainboard: Gigabyte X99 SOC Champ
Memory: 3333cl16 @ 2800cl13
Soundcard:
PSU: 1500w
Default 05-03-2017, 02:35 | posts: 3 | Location: In a meat sack

im currently experimenting with tri-sli 1080ti - requires modifying profiles...

As I work out what profile works best to get three-way SLI working and scaling properly Ill share them here.

Perhaps a dedicated "pascal 3/4 way" column? im guessing most of the 'compatability' will already be in the standard 2-way profile and its just some generic changes to make it work with three way but im having mixed results.

for example ive got Metro last light working just fine but the same settings in rise of the tomb raider result in flickering shadows. In mass effect andromeda it results in less perforamnce than two way - same result in Battlefield 1. There must be something im missing. Im using the old Maxwell 3-way bridge not a 'metal prong' 3-way bridge so it could just be bandwidth issues. that combined with my 5820k's 8x8x8x arrangment - im sure its not helping.

Old
  (#179)
Martigen
Master Guru

Videocard: GTX 1080Ti SLI
Processor: Intel Core i7 3970X @ 4.5
Mainboard: Rampage IV Formula
Memory: 16GB Dominator Plat
Soundcard: Auzentech X-FI HTHD
PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000
Default 05-03-2017, 13:15 | posts: 161 | Location: Australia

That's just 3-way. 3-Way 680s flickered in Witcher 3, 2-way no issue. You'll find lots of 3-way issues like this, likely one reason they dropped more than 2+. Not to mention high-bandwidth bridge needs both pin sets, so if you're linking 3-way you lose that too.

Old
  (#180)
GuruKnight
Maha Guru

Default 05-03-2017, 15:09 | posts: 838 | Location: Denmark

@cheddle

Most of the information in my spreadsheet would also be suitable for at least 3-way SLI, irregardless of whether Maxwell or Pascal cards are used.
Unless of course there are obvious issues like flickering.
But any input you might have is very welcome

Mass Effect: Andromeda is bandwidth limited beyond 2-way SLI though, and would even need PCIe 3.0 x16/x16 for optimal performance.
I'm affraid your 28 lane CPU is holding you back in some of these new games, especially in 3-way SLI mode.

Last edited by GuruKnight; 05-03-2017 at 15:50.

Old
  (#181)
cheddle

Soundcard:
Default 05-04-2017, 05:39 | posts: 3 | Location: In a meat sack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martigen View Post
That's just 3-way. 3-Way 680s flickered in Witcher 3, 2-way no issue. You'll find lots of 3-way issues like this, likely one reason they dropped more than 2+. Not to mention high-bandwidth bridge needs both pin sets, so if you're linking 3-way you lose that too.
Interestingly - if you use a V2 EVGA bridge - Pascal detects it as a HB bridge even though its only using one set of fingers per card... it has to do with the metal housing.

Ive discovered some of the compatability bits are specific to 2/3/4 way and that different bits are required in some games for different numbers of cards.

I need to spend more time testing before I share what I have found so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuruKnight View Post
@cheddle

Most of the information in my spreadsheet would also be suitable for at least 3-way SLI, irregardless of whether Maxwell or Pascal cards are used.
Unless of course there are obvious issues like flickering.
But any input you might have is very welcome

Mass Effect: Andromeda is bandwidth limited beyond 2-way SLI though, and would even need PCIe 3.0 x16/x16 for optimal performance.
I'm affraid your 28 lane CPU is holding you back in some of these new games, especially in 3-way SLI mode.
I figured as much! bandwidth limits are a real problem... A major problem is that in order to use 16x16x8x mode (40-lane cpu) I need to use a different PCIE slot configuration (im using 8x/8x/8x/0x and id go to 16x/0x/16x/8x) meaning id need to ghetto mod a magic SLI bridge and my parallel water bridge wouldnt fit right and id need to redo my custom loop *sigh* - it just becomes a bit too much effort for no real world gain... its so rare for two way 1080ti to be a limitation.

I'm consdiering the upcoming x299 platform as a solution to this problem of PCIE bandwidth and as a solution to my old Haswell CPU being a little behind in the times now... even in Timespy benchmark my CPU is limiting my GPU scores. 3.3ghz / 4.25ghz / 4.75ghz all return increasing GPU scores... being CPU bound in Timespy was something I thought would take a little longer to acheive...

a guy on youtube (I cant link yet, too noob) has managed to force ME:A to run in 3-way. I got it working but suffered a performance hit on 3-way compared to 2-way, I dont have the profile perfect yet.

Old
  (#182)
GuruKnight
Maha Guru

Default 05-04-2017, 14:00 | posts: 838 | Location: Denmark

I fully agree, better to stick to 2-way 1080 Ti
CPU power is not so much the problem at 4K or above in most games, but PCIe bandwidth certainly is.

Regarding forcing 3-way mode in Mass Effect: Andromeda, this is simply a matter of changing the last part of the official profile from "F1" to "F6".
Here is a link to a small guide I wrote a while ago about some of this:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=283

Any profile ending in "1", "6" and "5" will limit the SLI mode to respectively 2-way, 3-way and 4-way mode.
But as you of course know, there are no guarantees the game in question will actually scale beyond 2-way mode without issues.

Last edited by GuruKnight; 05-04-2017 at 14:05.

Old
  (#183)
cheddle

Soundcard:
Default 05-05-2017, 00:40 | posts: 3 | Location: In a meat sack

Quote:
I fully agree, better to stick to 2-way 1080 Ti
CPU power is not so much the problem at 4K or above in most games, but PCIe bandwidth certainly is.

Regarding forcing 3-way mode in Mass Effect: Andromeda, this is simply a matter of changing the last part of the official profile from "F1" to "F6".
Here is a link to a small guide I wrote a while ago about some of this:

Any profile ending in "1", "6" and "5" will limit the SLI mode to respectively 2-way, 3-way and 4-way mode.
But as you of course know, there are no guarantees the game in question will actually scale beyond 2-way mode without issues.
Thanks.

Im mostly going to run 2-way and run Equihash on the third card while I game - I have tested and found there is a 0-5% performance penalty for doing this - depending on the game that is running

Am I correct in assuming that if a compatability bit ends in a '5' (4-way) it will work just fine for 3-way? Or do I HAVE to use a but ending in '6' (3-way)?

I would test this but I am not at home at the moment...

FYI - I have ProjectCars, Metro LastLight, Superposition benchmark all working in 3-way SLI now with better than 2-way performance and no stuttering. Ill keep working on them as I have more time. ME:A is the only title I actually want/need greater than 2-way performance.

note: I get BAD scaling in Timespy... im seeing as low as 83% GPU usage in some parts of the tests. I expect this is bandwidth limit. I hope to receive the EVGA v2 3-way bridge soon! (my EVGA v2 4-way bridge DOES detect as a HB bridge however as the prongs are not arranged correclty it only allows 2-way SLI)

Old
  (#184)
type1

Videocard: Nvidia gtx980 sli
Processor: i7 3930k
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair ax1500i
Default 05-05-2017, 03:28 | posts: 6

Following.

Old
  (#185)
GuruKnight
Maha Guru

Default 05-05-2017, 09:50 | posts: 838 | Location: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddle View Post

Am I correct in assuming that if a compatability bit ends in a '5' (4-way) it will work just fine for 3-way? Or do I HAVE to use a but ending in '6' (3-way)?
Yes, any profile ending in "5" will just allow up to 4-way SLI mode if available.

Old
  (#186)
GuruKnight
Maha Guru

Default 05-14-2017, 22:22 | posts: 838 | Location: Denmark

I'm currently in the process of adding custom downloadable .nip files (packed in .zip archives) for the majority of games in the spreadsheet.
This is now also done using google drive, since attaching individual .zip archives to 3DCenter posts really was becoming such a hazzle.

Of course such a huge undertaking will take some time, but should benefit especially the less experienced NVIDIA Profile Inspector users

Old
  (#187)
GuruKnight
Maha Guru

Default 05-23-2017, 19:00 | posts: 838 | Location: Denmark

I have now finished the bulk of the work of adding downloadable .zip archives for most "important" games.
Naturally I can't do all of it myself, since some of these games might either not have an official driver profile or I don't know the name of .exe or whatever.
But mostly the work is done now, and the basic content of the thread can finally be considered nearly "complete" in my eyes

Of course anybody is welcome to upload profiles for the remaining games here in the thread, and I will include them in the spreadsheet.

Old
  (#188)
GuruKnight
Maha Guru

Default 06-07-2017, 21:03 | posts: 838 | Location: Denmark

Here is a list of custom SLI profiles added or changed in the spreadsheet in the last couple months.
Of course these are mentioned in the changelog, but might as well point them out directly in the thread:

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
DeadCore
Dreamfall Chapters
Firewatch
Friday the 13th: The Game
Murdered: Soul Suspect
Nier: Automata
Outlast 2
Rising Storm 2: Vietnam
Sniper: Ghost Warrior

Old
  (#189)
Martigen
Master Guru

Videocard: GTX 1080Ti SLI
Processor: Intel Core i7 3970X @ 4.5
Mainboard: Rampage IV Formula
Memory: 16GB Dominator Plat
Soundcard: Auzentech X-FI HTHD
PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000
Default 06-08-2017, 10:26 | posts: 161 | Location: Australia

Quote:
Here is a list of custom SLI profiles added or changed in the spreadsheet in the last couple months.
Of course these are mentioned in the changelog, but might as well point them out directly in the thread:

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
DeadCore
Dreamfall Chapters
Firewatch
Friday the 13th: The Game
Murdered: Soul Suspect
Nier: Automata
Outlast 2
Rising Storm 2: Vietnam
Sniper: Ghost Warrior
Thankyou GuruK for all your work! I'm using some of these

Old
  (#190)
GuruKnight
Maha Guru

Default 06-08-2017, 23:44 | posts: 838 | Location: Denmark

You are very welcome
BTW please don't hesitate to make specific SLI profile "requests" here in the thread.

Also, I made a small mistake when uploading the .nip file for Outlast 2, but it has been corrected now so I recommend downloading it again if necessary.

Old
  (#191)
GuruKnight
Maha Guru

Default 07-06-2017, 00:28 | posts: 838 | Location: Denmark

I decided to remove the "DX12 and Vulcan information" category from the spreadsheet.
It just didn't make much sense to have it in there with so little actual "valuable" information.

Also added SLI profiles for a couple more games:

The Park
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron