Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Videocards > Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section
Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section In this section you can discuss everything GeForce driver related. GeForce ForceWare and GeForce Exerience drivers are for NVIDIA Quadro and all GeForce based videocards.

Old
  (#101)
GuruKnight
Maha Guru

Videocard: 980 Ti AMP! Extreme SLI
Processor: Intel Core i7 5930K
Mainboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme
Memory: 16GB Corsair DDR4
Soundcard: Onboard+Sennheiser HD 595
PSU: 1500W SilverStone Strider
Default 01-02-2016, 17:06 | posts: 838 | Location: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminycricket View Post
What about OGSSAA and DSR, no manual LOD bias needed either? Because I notice quite a bit of blur with forced OGSSAA in some DX9 games (Source Engine) w/o manual negative LOD bias even with correct AA bits. AFAIK auto LOD bias is only in SGSSAA and HSAA (XxS/XxSQ).
I have never really seen blurring related to forced OGSSAA with the "0x000000C0" AA flag.
A good example of this is Insurgency, which I made some screenshot comparisons of with my old 2-way GTX 780 setup:
http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulle...postcount=6295

Absolutely no blurring with maximum ingame settings and OGSSAA or OGSSAA+MSAA hybrid modes.
And only a very slight and negligible amount of blurring with 8xSGSSAA.
Always remember to disable all ingame AA settings (including FXAA), as well as "Motion Blur" and "Film Grain" when using driver forced AA in Source engine games.

With DSR, the level of sharpness is controlled by the "Smoothness" slider in NVCP.
I recommend around 20% smoothness, for a good compromise between good sampling quality and a sharp image.

Last edited by GuruKnight; 01-02-2016 at 18:15.

Old
  (#102)
jiminycricket
Member Guru

Videocard: Maxwell
Processor: Haswell-E
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: 1kW
Default 01-02-2016, 19:57 | posts: 148

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuruKnight View Post
I have never really seen blurring related to forced OGSSAA with the "0x000000C0" AA flag.
A good example of this is Insurgency, which I made some screenshot comparisons of with my old 2-way GTX 780 setup:
http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulle...postcount=6295

Absolutely no blurring with maximum ingame settings and OGSSAA or OGSSAA+MSAA hybrid modes.
And only a very slight and negligible amount of blurring with 8xSGSSAA.
Always remember to disable all ingame AA settings (including FXAA), as well as "Motion Blur" and "Film Grain" when using driver forced AA in Source engine games.

With DSR, the level of sharpness is controlled by the "Smoothness" slider in NVCP.
I recommend around 20% smoothness, for a good compromise between good sampling quality and a sharp image.
I think those images from Insurgency prove my point. Look at the brick on the house with chimneys, the SSAA modes blur it compared to no SSAA, and SGSSAA is worst. Thru my own comparisons I've actually found that driver FXAA blurs textures the same amount as forced SSAA, although obv. SSAA combats aliasing much better.

Old
  (#103)
aufkrawall2
Master Guru

Videocard: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
Processor: 2500k@4.6Ghz
Mainboard: P67
Memory: 16GB DDR3 1600
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair 860W Platinum
Default 01-05-2016, 12:24 | posts: 383

I don't think this is blur due to conflicting post processing but because of gamma correction, which is to be expected.
When you downscale an image gamma corrected (in gamma light), it will be darker than in original resolution and without gamma correction (in linear light) it will be slightly brighter instead (but maybe doesn't seem so due to aliasing in computer graphics in original resolution).

Old
  (#104)
blackdragonbird
Member Guru

Videocard: EVGA GTX970
Processor: I7 2700k@4.5
Mainboard: Asrock z77 Extreme 4
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 24GB
Soundcard: Asus Xonar DX
PSU: Corsair AX850
Default 01-17-2016, 23:55 | posts: 52 | Location: Brazil

Hi guys,

Anyone got a working SLI bit for Dragon's Dogma? I tried all bits for RE and Devil my Cry but not one of them worked.

Old
  (#105)
MrBonk
Maha Guru

Videocard: ASUS GTX 980 STRIX
Processor: Intel Core i7 950 @4Ghz
Mainboard: ASUS Rampage II GENE
Memory: G-SKILL 12GB @1600Mhz
Soundcard: Creative Sound Blaster Z
PSU: Corsair 750TX V1
Default 01-18-2016, 11:41 | posts: 2,676 | Location: Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufkrawall2 View Post
I don't think this is blur due to conflicting post processing but because of gamma correction, which is to be expected.
When you downscale an image gamma corrected (in gamma light), it will be darker than in original resolution and without gamma correction (in linear light) it will be slightly brighter instead (but maybe doesn't seem so due to aliasing in computer graphics in original resolution).
DSR is supposed to be Gamma correct from what I recall.
I think they might have implemented it after 347.88 because after that, Gamma for 16-bit color resolutions completely broke with DSR causing huge detail crush.

Old
  (#106)
GuruKnight
Maha Guru

Default 01-19-2016, 19:21 | posts: 838 | Location: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragonbird View Post
Hi guys,

Anyone got a working SLI bit for Dragon's Dogma? I tried all bits for RE and Devil my Cry but not one of them worked.
Never played this game, but do you get no scaling at all with the standard 0x02400005 profile?
Perhaps bit #20 is needed, i.e. 0x02500005?

I believe Dragon's Dogma runs on the MT Framework engine, so you might want to take a closer look at the Inspector profiles for these games
Please test the game with either driver forced SGSSAA (0x000000C1), native 4K or higher levels of DSR to ensure proper GPU usage.

Old
  (#107)
blackdragonbird
Member Guru

Videocard: EVGA GTX970
Processor: I7 2700k@4.5
Mainboard: Asrock z77 Extreme 4
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 24GB
Soundcard: Asus Xonar DX
PSU: Corsair AX850
Default 01-20-2016, 04:01 | posts: 52 | Location: Brazil

Quote:
Never played this game, but do you get no scaling at all with the standard 0x02400005 profile?
Perhaps bit #20 is needed, i.e. 0x02500005?

I believe Dragon's Dogma runs on the MT Framework engine, so you might want to take a closer look at the Inspector profiles for these games
Please test the game with either driver forced SGSSAA (0x000000C1), native 4K or higher levels of DSR to ensure proper GPU usage.
Sorry, I was not clear in my post.

Tried all bits for Resident Evil and Devil my Cry, I think these are games that use the same engine. But, some bits gave me 30-40% usage in each GPU but no more than 20-30fps, other bits make the usage spikes to 90-99% but with only 15-20fps. The same with these two bits you suggested.

Looking in the steam I found a guide that the guy used the bit 0x02502005, scales very well, but hair and clothes get heavy flickering and artefacts.

Seems the engine itself needs a patch, or we need to found a better bit for it. Unfortunately I have no idea how these bits works, if there are any logical pattern to follow when testing new ones.

Old
  (#108)
GuruKnight
Maha Guru

Default 01-20-2016, 12:00 | posts: 838 | Location: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragonbird View Post
Sorry, I was not clear in my post.

Looking in the steam I found a guide that the guy used the bit 0x02502005, scales very well, but hair and clothes get heavy flickering and artefacts.

Seems the engine itself needs a patch, or we need to found a better bit for it. Unfortunately I have no idea how these bits works, if there are any logical pattern to follow when testing new ones.
There are certain patterns, have a look at the DX9 NVIDIA Inspector SLI bits editor:

Bit #09 for example fixes scaling in many more recent UE3 games, but has a tendency to cause light bleeding in some cases.
Bits #20, #23 and #30 are also usual suspects in several DX9 engines, with #20 being the most "aggressive" of the bunch.
This bit fixes scaling in many games, but can also cause flickering and other problems.
I suggest trying "0x02402005" in Dragon's Dogma, since this is the same profile as "0x02502005" just with bit #20 disabled.

Other possible candidates are "0x42402005" (bit #30 enabled) and "0x02C02005" (bit #23 enabled).

Old
  (#109)
GuruKnight
Maha Guru

Default 03-13-2016, 19:25 | posts: 838 | Location: Denmark

The master list spreadsheet should now be fully up to date again with the latest and most important additions.
I have been very busy lately due to a Rampage V Extreme PC build, which is the main reason for the lack of updates to the thread

Old
  (#110)
fantaskarsef
Ancient Guru

Videocard: 1080Ti @h2o
Processor: 5930K @h2o
Mainboard: R5E @h2o
Memory: Ripjaws 32GB DDR4
Soundcard: ALC1150
PSU: AX 1200i
Default 03-14-2016, 06:23 | posts: 6,800 | Location: Austria (no kangaroos here)

Quote:
The master list spreadsheet should now be fully up to date again with the latest and most important additions.
I have been very busy lately due to a Rampage V Extreme PC build, which is the main reason for the lack of updates to the thread
Heh, welcome to the club friend

Old
  (#111)
MrBonk
Maha Guru

Videocard: ASUS GTX 980 STRIX
Processor: Intel Core i7 950 @4Ghz
Mainboard: ASUS Rampage II GENE
Memory: G-SKILL 12GB @1600Mhz
Soundcard: Creative Sound Blaster Z
PSU: Corsair 750TX V1
Default 03-14-2016, 09:42 | posts: 2,676 | Location: Oregon

LOL...i'm still sitting here stuck with a Rampage II GENE.

Heh. D:

Old
  (#112)
GuruKnight
Maha Guru

Default 03-24-2016, 17:05 | posts: 838 | Location: Denmark

I have added a new spreadsheet category called "Essential tweaks".
This is intended to be used for any relevant tweaking or other important information not directly related to AA, HBAO+ or SLI.

So far I have entered some preliminary information for some games, but the category is really still work in progress.
If anybody has anything significant they want to be added here, then please speak up

Old
  (#113)
fantaskarsef
Ancient Guru

Videocard: 1080Ti @h2o
Processor: 5930K @h2o
Mainboard: R5E @h2o
Memory: Ripjaws 32GB DDR4
Soundcard: ALC1150
PSU: AX 1200i
Default 03-25-2016, 05:51 | posts: 6,800 | Location: Austria (no kangaroos here)

Quote:
I have added a new spreadsheet category called "Essential tweaks".
This is intended to be used for any relevant tweaking or other important information not directly related to AA, HBAO+ or SLI.

So far I have entered some preliminary information for some games, but the category is really still work in progress.
If anybody has anything significant they want to be added here, then please speak up
Great, thanks! Will see it for the games I currently play.

Old
  (#114)
GuruKnight
Maha Guru

Default 03-27-2016, 16:11 | posts: 838 | Location: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBonk View Post
As well you can actually embed the non-editable document straight to the post using

"[*gs]Paste the document key from "File> publish to web"> At very bottom from either CSV or HTML in the code it generates for you it will say "Key=" grab that key paste it here between the GS brackets; Key ends at the "&"[/gs*]"
(Need to remove the asterisks when putting it in the post too)
I finally found an explanation for why the BBcode parameters for google spreadsheets isn't working anymore.
It seems spreadsheets created after sometime in mid 2014 has a different format, which is not compatible with the existing BBcode on the forum:
http://www.global-conflict.org/viewt...p?f=28&t=24807

I have no idea if it would be possible to rewrite the forum software to fix this issue, but perhaps an admin might want to take a closer look at this?

Old
  (#115)
GuruKnight
Maha Guru

Default 05-18-2016, 14:46 | posts: 838 | Location: Denmark

I added some preliminary SLI information for the new DOOM game to the spreadsheet
So far only 2-way SLI scales correctly, and full PCIe 3.0 x16/x16 mode is necessary as well as a reduction in shadow quality from "Nightmare" to "Ultra".
http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulle...postcount=2239

A few other major/minor changes have also been made, and as usual everything is documented in the "Changelog".
If anybody has any recommendations to improvements or perhaps new "features", I'm of course always listening.

Last edited by GuruKnight; 05-18-2016 at 15:00.

Old
  (#116)
jiminycricket
Member Guru

Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
Default 05-28-2016, 01:15 | posts: 148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzz View Post
Where did you get this tool?

Old
  (#117)
Guzz
Member Guru

Videocard: GTX 970
Processor: 2550K@4.8GHz
Mainboard: ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3
Memory: 8GB
Soundcard: ASUS Xonar DG
PSU: 850W
Default 05-28-2016, 12:39 | posts: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminycricket View Post
Where did you get this tool?
http://www.guru3d.com/files-get/gefo...ownload,1.html

Old
  (#118)
jiminycricket
Member Guru

Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
Default 05-28-2016, 23:01 | posts: 148

Thanks

Old
  (#119)
gaintbeam
Member Guru

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 07-04-2016, 00:00 | posts: 54

I'm having some troubles with Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena.

I'm playing the Escape From Butcher Bay remake.

I got 4x Supersampling + 4x MSAA going. I did the flag 0x0000000000 fix. Game looks great. But when I turn on SSAO (xr_ssao 1, 2, or 3 in the console), I get this shadow flickering effect wherever SSAO is applied on the screen.

Has anyone ran into a similar problem?

Old
  (#120)
GuruKnight
Maha Guru

Default 07-05-2016, 16:22 | posts: 838 | Location: Denmark

MSAA and SSAO are not compatible with each other in Dark Athena.
This is a known problem, and I should probably mention it directly in the spreadsheet.

Unfortunately it is not possible to fix it either, since OpenGL lacks the versatility of custom AA profiles present in DX9

Old
  (#121)
GeoD
Maha Guru

Videocard: EVGA GTX 970
Processor: i5 3570k @ 4.4
Mainboard: gigabyte Z77X UD3H
Memory: 16gig DDR3
Soundcard: Realtek Onboard
PSU: Corsair 850M
Default 07-22-2016, 23:19 | posts: 1,446 | Location: Buffalo NY

I don't think this has been posted since it is not on the list. Not a huge game, at least here in the states, but I still have fun with it.

World of Warships: 0x404012C1 works for SGSSAA+MSAA and looks good. 2x is still a bit rough but OK and 4x with SMAA is smooth. 8x looks nice. I have tried other AA methods but SGSSAA+MSAA is the only combination which has worked for me. This might also work with WoT or WoWP but I have not tested.

The performance hit is huge (8x is unplayable for me) but the game leaves few options for AA due to its comically outdated engine. I think down-sampling looks better, but the UI shrinks (the game has no GUI scaling options) leaving these AA bits as my preferred option.

The only issue I have witnessed is with skyboxes. There is an outline of a cube which follows you around every 3rd or 4th battle, usually it disappears after the first few minutes. It doesn't always happen and seems kinda random since I can't link it to any particular map, ship or weather type.

This is from the player havaduck on the EU forums, here is the thread link: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/inde...88#entry516088

Old
  (#122)
GuruKnight
Maha Guru

Default 08-03-2016, 22:42 | posts: 838 | Location: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoD View Post
I don't think this has been posted since it is not on the list. Not a huge game, at least here in the states, but I still have fun with it.

World of Warships: 0x404012C1 works for SGSSAA+MSAA and looks good. 2x is still a bit rough but OK and 4x with SMAA is smooth. 8x looks nice. I have tried other AA methods but SGSSAA+MSAA is the only combination which has worked for me. This might also work with WoT or WoWP but I have not tested.

The performance hit is huge (8x is unplayable for me) but the game leaves few options for AA due to its comically outdated engine. I think down-sampling looks better, but the UI shrinks (the game has no GUI scaling options) leaving these AA bits as my preferred option.

The only issue I have witnessed is with skyboxes. There is an outline of a cube which follows you around every 3rd or 4th battle, usually it disappears after the first few minutes. It doesn't always happen and seems kinda random since I can't link it to any particular map, ship or weather type.

This is from the player havaduck on the EU forums, here is the thread link: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/inde...88#entry516088
Thank you very much for this
I also found another post from the 3DCenter AA thread confirming your findings:
http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulle...postcount=6326

The master list spreadsheet should now be fully updated with various SGSSAA, HBAO+ and SLI additions.
I also had another look at the Windows 7 & 10 Gaming Tips document, and made a few general improvements on the occasion of the Windows 10 "Anniversary" update.

But as always, please feel free to still point out any bugs, issues or other shortcomings.

Old
  (#123)
GuruKnight
Maha Guru

Default 08-23-2016, 22:03 | posts: 838 | Location: Denmark

Here is some SLI and modding/tweaking information for Fallout 4
http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulle...postcount=2333

Old
  (#124)
jiminycricket
Member Guru

Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
Default 10-10-2016, 22:15 | posts: 148

Can you change the color scheme of the changelog back to what it was? Small bright green text on black background is a huge eyesore.

Old
  (#125)
GuruKnight
Maha Guru

Default 10-11-2016, 00:29 | posts: 838 | Location: Denmark

Sure, no problem
I was just experimenting with a new look, but guess I went a bit overboard.

Anyway, back to normal with the changelog.