Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Videocards > Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section
Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section In this section you can discuss everything GeForce driver related. GeForce ForceWare and GeForce Exerience drivers are for NVIDIA Quadro and all GeForce based videocards.

Quadro + GTX in one workstation
Old
  (#1)
mitchdb12

Videocard: Quadro P2000
Processor: Intel Core i7 6850K
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair HX1000i
Default Quadro + GTX in one workstation - 06-27-2017, 05:39 | posts: 2

Hi all,

After a day of trawling through the net and testing things I'm posting to see if I can find some up to date and accurate info on running a Quadro GPU for displays with multiple GTX GPUs for rendering.

I'm a CGI and 3D artist and this is my main workstation for freelancing. I do a range of work from 3D animation/visualisation to compositing and editing.

I was previously running 4 GTX GPUs but have just upgraded to a 4K 32" 10 Bit panel so I want to use the Quadro to get the full bit depth in applications like PS, AE, Premiere etc when editing my work, While still retaining 3 of the GTX GPUs for rendering in 3DS Max/Vray/Fstorm etc

The main issue seems to be drivers. I started by removing all GPUs and installing the P2000, doing a clean install of the Quadro driver, and then installing the GTX cards one at a time. However when I do this the Nvidia driver seems to automatically update itself to a GTX one and I can only get video output from the last GTX card I installed. The Nvidia control panel shows the P2000 but I can't get video output from it.

Is there a way to make this work? I imagine Nvidia has made this difficult and/or impossible as not to cannibalise sales of the Quadro/Tesla lines but I've seen people running both... how successfully though I don't know?

Alternatively if the above doesn't work, would I be able to put the P2000 in a eGPU box connected via TB3 and plug the screen into that when I want to do editing/compositing work?

System Specs:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI
CPU: Intel i7 6850K
CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i
Ram: 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz DDR4
OS SSD: 250GB Samsung EVO 960 M.2
Display GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000
Rendering GPUs: Asus GTX 1070 Turbo x1, Asus GTX 1080 Turbo x2

Old
  (#2)
azezel1980

Videocard: Zotac GTX1070 amp extreme
Processor: I5 2500K @4.4 GHZ
Mainboard: asus z68 gen3
Memory: 16 gb Crucial
Soundcard: Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 Slim
PSU: 850Watt corsair
Default 06-29-2017, 18:55 | posts: 18

If you use Windows 10 64-bit:

Download this driver: http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...x/116706/en-us

replace the nv.dispwi.inf with the version here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...80016428967804

It will instal the Quadro drivers with the modded file that supports all geforce cards.

Last edited by azezel1980; 06-29-2017 at 19:00.

Old
  (#3)
mitchdb12

Videocard: Quadro P2000
Processor: Intel Core i7 6850K
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
Default 07-03-2017, 03:53 | posts: 2

ah cool thanks, I'll try that out!

Tags