Odd issue ive never seen before between MSI & RTSS?

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by klepp0906, Jun 22, 2017.

1. klepp0906

klepp0906 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2080TI
    So im busy setting up my backup pc and it largely mirrors my main pc except for its all amd whereas my m ain pc is intel/nvidia

beyond that the versions of windows are the same, the softwares i run are the same, the versions of AB/RTSS are the same.

Long story short, when I open Afterburner, i get no rtss in the tray. At first I thought it was set to single icon mode, but nope.

Usually when afterburner is closed, it takes RTSS with it. Not on this pc. If I open afterburner (and then proceed to open rtss manually since it wont open with it) I can close afterburner and rtss will stay in the tray running.

Somehow theyre not tethered or linked like they should be. I even checked the cfg file to see if enableserver was set to 1, and it was.

any ideas from the pros? This is a fresh windows install as of a few days ago.

2. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    uninstall -> reinstall and then make sure you have at least something that needs the OSD flagged as enabled. RTSS is only loaded if its needed.

3. klepp0906

klepp0906 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2080TI
    ah that could be it then. those were like hte first two things i installed. nothing else at all that would use the OSD :)

thank you