Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Videocards > Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section
Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section In this section you can discuss everything GeForce driver related. GeForce ForceWare and GeForce Exerience drivers are for NVIDIA Quadro and all GeForce based videocards.

Old
  (#176)
khanmein
Maha Guru

Videocard: EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4460
Mainboard: ASRock H97 Pro4
Memory: 16GB DDR3 Kingston CL11
Soundcard: Realtek ALC892
PSU: Seasonic X-750 (KM3)
Default 05-23-2017, 04:34 | posts: 1,226 | Location: Batu Pahat, Johor, Malaysia

@GuruKnight Everyone has different opinion & this is subjective. GFE still has plenty of room to be improved.

Like myself, install GFE for the giveaway due to I'm a #poorpeople.

If GFE is bad, it will be removed, but what's the reason behind AMD ReLive exist?

Old
  (#177)
GuruKnight
Maha Guru

Videocard: 980 Ti AMP! Extreme SLI
Processor: Intel Core i7 5930K
Mainboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme
Memory: 16GB Corsair DDR4
Soundcard: Onboard+Sennheiser HD 595
PSU: 1500W SilverStone Strider
Default 05-23-2017, 18:24 | posts: 837 | Location: Denmark

I must have to apologize for my behavior in this thread yesterday.
Opinions are, as you say, highly subjective.

But when somebody calls PC gaming tweaking/modding/customization a "waste of gaming time", this is incredibly disrespectful and ignorant in my eyes.
I have spent well over a decade building and testing the contents in my NVIDIA master thread spreadsheet, and such information is critical to PC users IMO:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.ph...43&postcount=1

Without these essential features, we might as well just give up and buy a PS4 instead.
And GFE isn't helping in that regard, since I still believe some users would be better off without it.
Learning by doing things yourself is best, as I said earlier.
Otherwise we will soon have a whole generation of PC gamers, that are used to being spoonfed the solutions without putting any effort into things themselves.

Anyway, just my two cents on the matter

Last edited by GuruKnight; 05-23-2017 at 18:27.

Old
  (#178)
lucidus
Ancient Guru

Videocard: MSI Gaming X GTX 1070
Processor: i7 6700K 4.5Ghz 1.28v
Mainboard: Asus Maximus 8 Hero
Memory: Vengeance 32GB 3000Mhz
Soundcard: Onboard + H/K Soundsticks
PSU: 850W EVGA Supernova
Default 05-23-2017, 18:54 | posts: 9,966

The forced login was enough to keep me away from the stupid thing. Is it still like that?

Old
  (#179)
Redemption80
Ancient Guru

Videocard: GALAX 970/ASUS 970 STRIX
Processor: i7-2600K @ 4.7ghz
Mainboard: Asus P8P67 PRO Intel P67
Memory: G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB
Soundcard: Nvidia - HDMI
PSU: Corsair GS800
Default 05-23-2017, 19:09 | posts: 17,717 | Location: Glasgow

It wasn't meant to be disrespectful though, which is why i made sure i didnt just say a waste of time.

If someone has limited time to game then it might be a choice between either tweaking with no game time or gaming with a quick and easy solution that could get them onto the game instantly.

You will always have people who want to tweak and this won't change that, but I will help the ones who hate that stuff but still want a gaming PC.

Sometimes I wish i hated it, but im the same with video players as well. Could never be happy with something like VLC and would rather grab MPC HC and then MadVR, or when I went HTPC it was Mediaportal rather than XBMC, even if it was common that I would take so long tweaking that 10mins into a film I would be asleep.

Apologies for any iffy grammar etc.. still don't like using my phone on here.

Last edited by Redemption80; 05-23-2017 at 22:36.