Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Videocards > Videocards vs General Purpose - NVIDIA Ageia PhysX, GPGPU etc.
Videocards vs General Purpose - NVIDIA Ageia PhysX, GPGPU etc. In this section you can discuss general purpose application that run over your GPU, like transcoding, Physics simulation etc.

GDC 2017: NVIDIA Gameworks goes DX12 and more!
Old
  (#1)
Spets
Ancient Guru

Videocard: GTX 1080Ti FTW3
Processor: Intel Core i7 5820k @ 4.2
Mainboard: MSI Godlike
Memory: G.Skill 16gb 3200
Soundcard: Sound BlasterX G5
PSU: Corsair
Default GDC 2017: NVIDIA Gameworks goes DX12 and more! - 03-01-2017, 20:16 | posts: 2,936

http://physxinfo.com/news/12786/gdc-...dx12-and-more/

Quote:
FleX & Flow
NVIDIA FleX, unified particle-based solver, and NVIDIA Flow, an engine for simulation of smoke and fire, now both feature hardware agnostic DX12 implementation!

This is exciting news not only for gamers, but also for 3d party companies, already utilizing FleX in their products, such as Lucid Physics from Ephere.

HairWorks & Turf Effects
NVIDIA’s solution for rendering and simulation of realistic hair and fur – HairWorks – now also supports DX12, in addition to DX11 codepath (starting with HairWorks 1.3, which is already available on GitHub).

Turf Effects, an engine to simulate large amounts of vegetation such as grass, makes a reappearance with promise of DX12 integration as well.

http://physxinfo.com/news/wp-content.../2017/03/3.jpg

Blast & NvCloth
Now that’s an interesting one – two new products were mentioned, namely Blast and NvCloth, which we believe are the new versions of APEX Destruction and APEX Clothing modules respectively.

Some sources are saying that those will support both CPU execution and GPU acceleration through DX12 on multiple platforms.
Moreover, accoring to the following slide, Blast and NvCloth will be available as separate packages with full access to source code.

PhysX SDK 3.4
New PhysX SDK 3.4 has also made an appearance, but it is yet unknown, if the main feature of the new engine – GPU accelerated rigid body solver – will also feature DX 12 implementaiton right now.

But judging by the direction GameWorks is going, it won’t take too long anyway.
More at http://physxinfo.com/news/12786/gdc-...dx12-and-more/

Old
  (#2)
fantaskarsef
Ancient Guru

Videocard: 1080Ti @h2o
Processor: 5930K @h2o
Mainboard: R5E @h2o
Memory: Ripjaws 32GB DDR4
Soundcard: ALC1150
PSU: AX 1200i
Default 03-02-2017, 09:50 | posts: 6,786 | Location: Austria (no kangaroos here)

I was expecting them to make the blackboxes ready for dx12 sooner or later. Now all we have to do is wait and see how many devs will pick them up.

Old
  (#3)
Spets
Ancient Guru

Videocard: GTX 1080Ti FTW3
Processor: Intel Core i7 5820k @ 4.2
Mainboard: MSI Godlike
Memory: G.Skill 16gb 3200
Soundcard: Sound BlasterX G5
PSU: Corsair
Default 03-02-2017, 19:59 | posts: 2,936

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantaskarsef View Post
I was expecting them to make the blackboxes ready for dx12 sooner or later. Now all we have to do is wait and see how many devs will pick them up.
Most of their GW library now has access to the source code.
With the new rigid body pipeline and Flex/Flow being available with DirectCompute we should see some nice things

Old
  (#4)
fantaskarsef
Ancient Guru

Videocard: 1080Ti @h2o
Processor: 5930K @h2o
Mainboard: R5E @h2o
Memory: Ripjaws 32GB DDR4
Soundcard: ALC1150
PSU: AX 1200i
Default 03-03-2017, 21:15 | posts: 6,786 | Location: Austria (no kangaroos here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spets View Post
With the new rigid body pipeline and Flex/Flow being available with DirectCompute we should see some nice things
Oh it's true, they released some on github, I remember now. You were right there

Yeah let's see what happens. New visuals and a bit of eyecandy is something I hoped for with dx12's release but... the story goes differently

Old
  (#5)
PrMinisterGR
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
Processor: Core i7 2600k@4.5GHz
Mainboard: Sapphire Pure Black P67
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB
Soundcard: ASUS Xonar D2X
PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
Default 03-04-2017, 04:45 | posts: 6,827

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spets View Post
They probably don't care as much, since most of their new revenue comes from compute and AI cars, which they do great in.