Alienware 4VWF2 questions..

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by CrayonMirZ, Dec 20, 2011.

1. CrayonMirZ

CrayonMirZ Guest

GPU:
    SLi GTX 680
    Hi guys,
    i recently bought a used alienware pc and it comes with the motherboard from dell , the type is "4VWF2 ". Has anyone ever had it ? is this a good/decent mobo for gaming ? i searched google and couldnt find any review at all. The only info i got is, its x58, Intel LGA1366 socket dual graphics PCIe x16 motherboard PN: 4VWF2. I need to know how is this motherboard performs. if its not that good i might need to get another motherboard.
    I heard not all motherboard capable to do quad-sli.
    Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
  3. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Alienware used to be good not so much anymore might as well been a gateway fx desktop (that's funny to me cause my laptop is a fx).

4. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    It doesn't support 3-way SLI because it is a microATX board with only two slots. Seeing as you only need two slots for quad SLI, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

5. CrayonMirZ

CrayonMirZ Guest

GPU:
    SLi GTX 680
    Im sorry but whats micro atx ? Is x58 is micro atx ? Thanks for the info guys

6. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    micro ATX is the size of the board and the minimum size chassis it will fit into

[​IMG]

I'm not certain but the board should support SLI so I see no reason why quad SLI wouldn't work.

7. CrayonMirZ

CrayonMirZ Guest

GPU:
    SLi GTX 680
    thanks morbias. short but great info there. appreciate it. so if i want a replacement motherboard , as long as it the same size (micro atx) it should fit , right ?

8. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    There shouldn't be any problem as long as it's a micro ATX, but you might also need to upgrade the PSU if you are going with a multi-GPU setup -- even more so if the pc in question is the Aurora ALX which originally used 5870s, as they are much more energy efficient than Nvidia cards in SLI, and I doubt Dell would have used a PSU with much headroom.

9. CrayonMirZ

CrayonMirZ Guest

GPU:
    SLi GTX 680
    I think it comes with 875 watt PSU. Im thinking of putting my 1200 corsair there. will it be enough ?

10. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    If you are looking to run 2x GTX 590 then you will need to use the Corsair PSU.

The TDP of one GTX 590 is 365W, so to run two you'd need at least a decent 950W PSU.