Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General > Games, Gaming & Game-demos
Games, Gaming & Game-demos You can talk about the latest games here and more ..

Old
  (#26)
anxious_f0x
Maha Guru

Videocard: Titan X (Pascal) SLi
Processor: i7 6950X @ 4.1GHz
Mainboard: Asus ROG STRIX X99 GAMING
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32GB
Soundcard: Soundblaster X7
PSU: Silverstone 1000w
Default 06-19-2017, 22:44 | posts: 1,095 | Location: England

Think it's the right thing to do if you ask me, GTA Online on the PC is absolutely riddled with cheaters to the point where I exclusively play GTA Online on the PS4 just to escape all the idiots that have nothing better to do than ruin an otherwise great multiplayer game.

It sucks that it means banning genuine mods that are supposed to be single player only but if these mods are opening up doors for the scum of the internet to take advantage of online then so be it.

Old
  (#27)
Damien_Azreal
Ancient Guru

Videocard: EVGA GTX 970 ACX2.0 4GB
Processor: Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHZ
Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-G1.SNIPER Z97
Memory: 16GB Corsair DDR3 2400
Soundcard: Creative Sound Core3D
PSU: Thermaltake Evo-Blu 650w
Default 06-20-2017, 00:26 | posts: 8,239 | Location: Kansas, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxious_f0x View Post
Think it's the right thing to do if you ask me, GTA Online on the PC is absolutely riddled with cheaters....
But GTA Online is part of GTAV.
OpenIV is for GTAIV.

People are tearing down GTAV on Steam for something that affects the previous GTA title's modding community.
And, doing it on Steam is pointless as that only reflects on the game. And to some extent, the developer.

Old
  (#28)
The Janitor
Maha Guru

Videocard: GTX 1080 Ti
Processor: i7 5820K @ 3.3 Ghz
Mainboard: GA-X99M-Gaming 5
Memory: 16GB DDR4
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair RM 850W Gold
Default 06-20-2017, 17:00 | posts: 1,121 | Location: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxious_f0x View Post
Think it's the right thing to do if you ask me, GTA Online on the PC is absolutely riddled with cheaters to the point where I exclusively play GTA Online on the PS4 just to escape all the idiots that have nothing better to do than ruin an otherwise great multiplayer game.

It sucks that it means banning genuine mods that are supposed to be single player only but if these mods are opening up doors for the scum of the internet to take advantage of online then so be it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_Azreal View Post
OpenIV is for GTAIV.

People are tearing down GTAV on Steam for something that affects the previous GTA title's modding community.
And, doing it on Steam is pointless as that only reflects on the game. And to some extent, the developer.
Actually you are both wrong, OpenIV is for all rage engine games (including GTA V) and it's singleplayer only. It doesn't even let you go online, taking down OpenIV wont affect online hackers at all.

Old
  (#29)
anxious_f0x
Maha Guru

Videocard: Titan X (Pascal) SLi
Processor: i7 6950X @ 4.1GHz
Mainboard: Asus ROG STRIX X99 GAMING
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32GB
Soundcard: Soundblaster X7
PSU: Silverstone 1000w
Default 06-20-2017, 17:06 | posts: 1,095 | Location: England

Quote:
OpenIV is for GTAIV.

OpenIV allows modding in GTAIV, GTAV and Max Payne 3, hence the reason why Take-Two has jumped on it.

Old
  (#30)
XP-200
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Asus GTX 970 Strix
Processor: Intel i7-4770 @ 3.40ghz
Mainboard: Asus Z87-K
Memory: Corsair XMS3 16GB 1333
Soundcard: VIA HD Onboard
PSU: OCZ 600w+80
Default 06-20-2017, 21:38 | posts: 3,801 | Location: UK

^^Was it also not allowing hackers to steal actual money in a roundabout way, somebody paid real cash for one of those shark cards to get all that in game money and the hackers could steal it all from them.....i am sure i read that was a major hack in GTA online this year.

Old
  (#31)
Damien_Azreal
Ancient Guru

Default 06-21-2017, 01:15 | posts: 8,239 | Location: Kansas, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Janitor View Post
Actually you are both wrong, OpenIV is for all rage engine games (including GTA V) and it's singleplayer only. It doesn't even let you go online, taking down OpenIV wont affect online hackers at all.
Okay.
I don't mod GTAV at all. So, I'm not fully away of what OpenIV is... but, I still don't believe it's the right move to tear down the game on STEAM using user reviews.

Those reviews should be used to describe the game, and the game is fantastic.
People having issues with what a publisher does to a fan made project... should not be the basis for making a great game look bad.

Old
  (#32)
Alex13
Maha Guru

Videocard: Nvidia
Processor: i7 4820k - @4.4
Mainboard: Gigabyte ud7 x79
Memory: 16GB Quad@2.4 CL9 Mushkin
Soundcard: Z-5500 / Cloud II
PSU: Supernova 1000W
Default 06-21-2017, 09:52 | posts: 1,875

Quote:
Okay.
I don't mod GTAV at all. So, I'm not fully away of what OpenIV is... but, I still don't believe it's the right move to tear down the game on STEAM using user reviews.

Those reviews should be used to describe the game, and the game is fantastic.
People having issues with what a publisher does to a fan made project... should not be the basis for making a great game look bad.
I'm sure take two appreciates your sentiment.

Old
  (#33)
Damien_Azreal
Ancient Guru

Default 06-21-2017, 13:22 | posts: 8,239 | Location: Kansas, USA

I don't give a **** about Take-Two.
I simply don't believe it's right to tear down GTAV, and by association Rockstar, on STEAM because of this.

A lot of the complaints I've seen are people blaming Rockstar.
I just think people need to find a better way to take their complaints to Take-Two. Because, given how well GTAV has sold, do people really think trashing it with negative reviews is going to change Take-Two's mind?

Old
  (#34)
scatman839
Ancient Guru

Videocard: 7970m/970 Mini, KD55XD800
Processor: i7 3610QM/i5 6500
Mainboard: HM77/B150M-C
Memory: 12GB D3/16GB D4
Soundcard: Via HD, x-530
PSU: 180w/RM650x
Default 06-21-2017, 13:42 | posts: 13,138 | Location: Scotland

Many many people I've seen do not understand the difference between a publisher and developer.

Doesn't help I guess that some publishers are also developers.

Sure I remember seeing people talking quite a lot about Bethesda as making wolfenstein the new order

Old
  (#35)
vbetts
Don Vincenzo

Videocard: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960M
Processor: Intel Core i7 6500U
Mainboard: Asus k501
Memory: 8gb DDR4
Soundcard: onboard
PSU: onboard
Default 06-21-2017, 14:12 | posts: 13,104 | Location: Toledo Ohio

OpenIV gives a backdoor to GTA Online cheating when used with a certain paid subscription cheat app, so basically we suffer for it.

Old
  (#36)
haste
Master Guru

Videocard: GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
Processor: i7-2600K @ 4.8GHz
Mainboard: ASUS P8P67 DELUXE
Memory: 16GB DDR3 @ 2133MHz
Soundcard: SB X-Fi
PSU: EVGA P2 650W
Default 06-21-2017, 14:49 | posts: 419 | Location: CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbetts View Post
OpenIV gives a backdoor to GTA Online cheating when used with a certain paid subscription cheat app, so basically we suffer for it.
Sure, so we should BAN cars, because there are drivers who tend to kill people with them?

Old
  (#37)
vbetts
Don Vincenzo

Videocard: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960M
Processor: Intel Core i7 6500U
Mainboard: Asus k501
Memory: 8gb DDR4
Soundcard: onboard
PSU: onboard
Default 06-21-2017, 15:21 | posts: 13,104 | Location: Toledo Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by haste View Post
Sure, so we should BAN cars, because there are drivers who tend to kill people with them?
I'm pretty sure this is not as big a deal to compare it to cars and hitting real people...

Old
  (#38)
haste
Master Guru

Default 06-21-2017, 15:48 | posts: 419 | Location: CZ

Principle is the same. Banning harmless, useful tool, because of ignorance and greed of their management.

Old
  (#39)
XP-200
Ancient Guru

Default 06-21-2017, 16:10 | posts: 3,801 | Location: UK

Quote:
Somewhat over dramatic don't you think, it is only a game after all, not exactly a first world problem. lol

Old
  (#40)
Alex13
Maha Guru

Videocard: Nvidia
Processor: i7 4820k - @4.4
Mainboard: Gigabyte ud7 x79
Memory: 16GB Quad@2.4 CL9 Mushkin
Soundcard: Z-5500 / Cloud II
PSU: Supernova 1000W
Default 06-23-2017, 17:34 | posts: 1,875

Quote:
I simply don't believe it's right to tear down GTAV, and by association Rockstar, on STEAM because of this.

I just think people need to find a better way to take their complaints to Take-Two. Because, given how well GTAV has sold, do people really think trashing it with negative reviews is going to change Take-Two's mind?
Take two and Rockstar are one and the same. Subsidiary.
And if you don't think this "it's Take Two to blame" not Rockstar narrative wasn't by design.. well, dunno, i guess I'm not as naive.

And Rockstar will enjoy better shark card sales to increase their quarter billion per year profits from them (aka the real reason why this happened). In the words of their CEO, there's more wood to chop. (you/we our pockets being the wood)

Old
  (#41)
The Laughing Ma
Ancient Guru

Videocard: WC 980GTX
Processor: I5 4690K @ 3.5Ghz
Mainboard: Asus Maximus Formula VII
Memory: 8Gb Crucial Ballistix
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair 650W
Default 06-23-2017, 21:09 | posts: 3,141

Quote:

Nope but someone launches a topic on Rockstar's forums chances are it will get buried or ignored, the review ratings on Steam take a nose dive and that's the sort of thing that pulls attention.

If from day one the online service had been robust and stable then yeah perhaps they have a point.

Had they locked modding down from the word go, then yeah perhaps you would have a point

but the online service has been a hackers delight since day one, Rockstar have openly encouraged modding of the singleplayer game featuring countless videos on their newsfeed and in many instances I would hazard treating it as a sales feature to encourage people who bought the game on console to then again buy it on PC for the benefits that modding could bring.

I am not saying trashing the game is 100% right but I certainly wouldn't loose sleep over writing a negative review. You are right though, it's not going to have any effect, GTA has made buckets of money and will no doubt keep pulling in sums from Shark Cards and it's clear that Take-Two have decided that this cow can be attached to the super milker 4000 before sending it off to the slaughter house once and for all.

Old
  (#42)
XP-200
Ancient Guru

Default 06-24-2017, 00:06 | posts: 3,801 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
Take two and Rockstar are one and the same. Subsidiary.
And if you don't think this "it's Take Two to blame" not Rockstar narrative wasn't by design.. well, dunno, i guess I'm not as naive.

And Rockstar will enjoy better shark card sales to increase their quarter billion per year profits from them (aka the real reason why this happened). In the words of their CEO, there's more wood to chop. (you/we our pockets being the wood)
And why not, gamers seem to have no problem throwing their cash at them, so why should they not take their cash, wish i had a business with gamers as my main customers going by the way they throw their money at the games industry these days, remember it was gamers who made it possible for DLC, season pass, eposidic content, micortransactions, pre-ordering, pre-order bonuses, to become the industry norm.

Old
  (#43)
kx11
Maha Guru

Videocard: Titan Xp
Processor: i7 6900k
Mainboard: ASUS Rampage V 10th ed.
Memory: G.skill Trident Z RGB
Soundcard:
PSU: EVGA 1000 g2
Default 06-24-2017, 00:08 | posts: 2,372 | Location: Qatar

they should hire the guy already

he's the reason people are still playing the game on PC

Old
  (#44)
Labyrinth
Ancient Guru

Videocard: AMD 290 4GB
Processor: i5 6600K 4.5Ghz
Mainboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR4 @ 2666
Soundcard: Xonar DSX
PSU: Corsair CS750M
Default 06-24-2017, 01:18 | posts: 4,287 | Location: Cheshire, England

Looks like it's back
http://www.pcgamer.com/gta-modding-t...will-continue/

You can thank Rockstar.

Old
  (#45)
Nosein
Member Guru

Videocard: ASUS
Processor: i7 6600k
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Apowerful1
Default 06-24-2017, 02:04 | posts: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labyrinth View Post
Looks like it's back
http://www.pcgamer.com/gta-modding-t...will-continue/

You can thank Rockstar.
Thanks Rockstar? For what?

They released what amounts to a clause from a legal document.

Quote:
“Rockstar Games believes in reasonable fan creativity, and, in particular, wants creators to showcase their passion for our games. After discussions with Take-Two, Take-Two has agreed that it generally will not take legal action against third-party projects involving Rockstar’s PC games that are single-player, non-commercial, and respect the intellectual property (IP) rights of third parties. This does not apply to (i) multiplayer or online services; (ii) tools, files, libraries, or functions that could be used to impact multiplayer or online services, or (iii) use or importation of other IP (including other Rockstar IP) in the project. This is not a license, and it does not constitute endorsement, approval, or authorization of any third-party project. Take-Two reserves the right to object to any third-party project, or to revise, revoke and/or withdraw this statement at any time in their own discretion. This statement does not constitute a waiver of any rights that Take-Two may have with respect to third-party projects.”

Rockstar either add native support for mods or simply need to shut up and stop releasing half arsed statements pretending to support the community.

Old
  (#46)
Valken
Maha Guru

Videocard: Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
Processor: Intel i7-4970k 4GHZ
Mainboard: Asrock Z97 OC Formula
Memory: G.Skill 32GB 2400 CL10
Soundcard: ALC1150 + X-Fi MB3
PSU: Corsair RM1000
Default 06-24-2017, 03:44 | posts: 1,266

That is a half ass save from those Trash2 shills because the OLD R* allowed forward porting of mods and assets into the next GTA. Now they ban it:

This does not apply to ... (iii) use or importation of other IP (including other Rockstar IP) in the project

And the reason was because OpenIV allowed the possibility of RDR or Liberty City to be used in GTAV.

Oh, and the mod tool is still banned and not allowed to be updated or used! So there is no change in the situation at all!

So in either case, I still say no more of my money to C_ck* or C_unt*.

The original DMA lead project guy, Benz, is starting his own Open World Game that will allow online and offline, with no restrictions anyways.

GTA modders will be more than welcomed there so lets see how PC GTA6 will last when "Everywhere" hits.

I just cannot believe after all these years of PC Community support for R* keeping their old IP alive and fresh (and don't say CONSOLES since you cannot contribute in those platforms except for buying in game purchases) that it has come down to this ending where Trash2/C* are WORST than EA and UberSH_TE! Pathetic!

Last edited by Valken; 06-24-2017 at 04:11.

Old
  (#47)
Aura89
Ancient Guru

Videocard: MSI 1080 Ti GAMING X 11G
Processor: AMD 7 1700x
Mainboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VI
Memory: 2x8GB G.Skill 3200Mhz
Soundcard: Asus STX II/DT 990 Pro
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2
Default 06-24-2017, 04:06 | posts: 6,244 | Location: USA

Quote:
Principle is the same. Banning harmless, useful tool, because of ignorance and greed of their management.
It's not harmless, which is the point.

Quote:

And your analogy would be better suited as:

"We should just ban driving while drunk, because some people can't do it safely!? What kind of BS is this!?!"

Last edited by Aura89; 06-24-2017 at 04:09.

Old
  (#48)
Valken
Maha Guru

Videocard: Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
Processor: Intel i7-4970k 4GHZ
Mainboard: Asrock Z97 OC Formula
Memory: G.Skill 32GB 2400 CL10
Soundcard: ALC1150 + X-Fi MB3
PSU: Corsair RM1000
Default 06-24-2017, 04:17 | posts: 1,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura89 View Post
It's not harmless, which is the point.
OpenIV, the mod IMPORT tool, is harmless. Users cannot go online, and 2 if they could, they would create a private lobby that only other users with the same exact mods can join.

OpenIv users cannot join the Post Apocalypse Detroit with no Robocop they called GTAO AT ALL! They cannot interact with the population or log in since both OpenIV and R* Social Club blocks.

For them to go after actual hacking tools, I agree but the PC single playing user community as collateral damage is not acceptable since they do more goodwill PR than any other platform. All the Machinima, custom assets are all PC based. In fact, R* has used those PC mod made videos in the past as part of their marketing campaigns.

So should users now send DMCA and sue R* for commercial use of their projects without compensation?

Old
  (#49)
Backstabak
Member Guru

Videocard: MSI GTX 970
Processor: Core i5 4670k
Mainboard: MSI Z87 G43
Memory: 16 GB
Soundcard:
PSU: 500W
Default 06-24-2017, 10:51 | posts: 117

One would think that after 5 years and after releasing the said game twice, for full price, they would have enough decency not to mess with it. Yeah a naive idea, I know.

Old
  (#50)
haste
Master Guru

Default 06-25-2017, 00:22 | posts: 419 | Location: CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstabak View Post
One would think that after 5 years and after releasing the said game twice, for full price, they would have enough decency not to mess with it. Yeah a naive idea, I know.
It's always about money. Human greed and ignorance are infinite. If there were no online purchases, nobody would care.

Last time I checked, shark cards earned them like 50 million USD a month and yet they feel the need to destroy modding community because they don't have enough.