Shadow of Mordor,Dark Souls 2 or Lords of Fallen

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by goat1, Oct 31, 2014.

1. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    If you get Dark Souls then get both dsfix and dsmfix. Dsmfix makes the game much better on keyboard and mouse.

Tho I still thinks its a sin to play some games without a controller. Dark Souls is one of them.

2. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Thanks Timmy. I'll do that. I'm sure some of these will be on sale for black friday,I'll snag them then.

3. Sukovsky

Sukovsky Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    I played Sow and DS1 and 2. They are two different games. Personally I am a guy that gets bored quicker than others. I never really get how people get satisfaction out of getting all achievements in a game when they have finished the story. Also these generic side missions in games like Ass Creed and SoM are so meaningless and boring, I wish I got half the excitement that some people get out of collecting a few flags or items or w/e, that would help me get my money well spent for a change. Nope, I'm long gone after that point.

That being said, I am very susceptible to immersion and storyte***314;ling. In this regard Dark Souls is simply better. SoM is imo a very pretty game with a cool world, but personally it felt short and ended quickly. The nemesis system is cool, but the game is so easy that I couldn't be bothered checking captains' special perks after a few times because I could simply slice em up with a few button bashes. In my opinion DS2 is the better game, but that's personal of course. The souls games sucked me in like no other game did since like Half Life.

4. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    That's exactly how I am.

5. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    I finished SoM with around 28 hours, but I don't think I'll ever play it again.

DS2 on the other hand, I have played 340 hours of it and I am planning to start another playthrough.

6. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    I'll probably get DS2,I'm sure there will be a steam sale on it for black friday. Currently,I just bought Sins of a solar empire on Sun. Installed the Star Trek and Star Wars mods on it.. What a great game! The Star Trek mod is so good,I can't stop playing it. There is nothing like watching ships unload photon torpedoes on other ships. Priceless!

7. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    So where are we on this?

8. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Looks like there are tons of issues with Lords of the fallen. I'll wait til that one gets sorted out. Looks like its between DS 2 and Mordor..

9. KrzYsieK8926

KrzYsieK8926 Guest

GPU:
    MSI HD 7770 Ghz Edition
    So, did You get any of the games?
    Don't expect LoTF to get completely fixed, it had pretty low budget, so I would not expect long support, but I read in polish interview with Gop that they want to support it long after release.

You can get either Souls game, but remember that You must dedicate a lot of time and passion for it, if you want something little more simple to pick up and play, then get Shadow of Mordor. I didn't play Unity yet and from what I've heard it's better AC then Unity.

10. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    I haven't picked one up yet. I did pick up Sins of a solar empire and added the mod Star trek Armada 3. It is outstanding! If your a Star Trek fan,you owe it to yourself to play this game. I also got Star Wars Rebellion,but I find Star Trek better. Nothing like watching ships fire off photon/quantum torpedoes!