which Driver with Connect 3D ?

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by tom009, Feb 1, 2003.

1. tom009

tom009 Guest

Please can you help a Newbie on Radeon?
    Ive taken the Driver from SoftwareMod and want also try some newer Driver.
    Will this work or not? Sure ,i must patch this Driver again,I know.
    But is it worth? Must I do this?
    The next Question is,why does Rivatuner not show me in the first Window a Driver? There stands nothing,im confused why,so I cannot set there anything.
    On my GFti4200 i have there Detonatordriver and i get a Menue for the Settings.
    Please,where is my Error?
    OR is it the Card himself? The Patch works fine,I have roundabout 14000 Points in 3D Mark,but I will understand the whole Thing of it.
    Can anyone help,please?

2. tom009

tom009 Guest

sorry for doubleposting but there is another Question :how can I find /which is the newest Driver and can I use any CatalystDriver for the 3D Connect generaly?
    Must Driver and Controlpanel be the same Version?

Thanks a lot for some Help

3. just get latest ATI drivers and control panel.
    rivatuner does not support radeon tweaking other than overclocking.

you need to use a program likr Rage3D to edit stuff like you did with your 4200 in rivatuner.

4. FinalFantasy

FinalFantasy Guest

The driver and the control panel do not need to be the same version. But the latest versions of the control panel have many useful additional features ( like making Vsync always "ON", etc..). So make sure that you have the latest version of the control panel. Once you try the latest control panel version you will never want to go back to the old versions.

you can use any catalyst driver for your 3d connect. To know which catalyst version you have, go to controlpanel---->display ------->settings----->advanced and then click the "options" tab, your catalyst version should be at the top.

The latest catalyst version is 3.0 which you can download from ati website and it will work on your 3d connect. That is the version I have and it is really great for the latst games (unreal2, etc...) try to install dx9.0 with this version of catalyst as well.

All rivatuner will enable you to do with your ati card is convert 9500np to 9700np and do overclocking. And for me that is more than enough.

5. tom009

tom009 Guest

Thanks a lot,FinalFantasy
    for explaining,now I understand this a little bit more.I was not sure,if I can take the newest Driver and if I can use a new driver and an older ControlPanel or newer ControlPanel and older or other driver.
    Now I will check this Out.
    Yes,its enough,what Rivtuner will do,for sure!
    Thanks Unwinder for this great Trick,it works fine for me.
    What I not really understand is the Drivernumbers,there are 7.80,whql Certified,some 2.5 and 30 with diiferent Numbers.I think the 3.0 with the biggest Numbers are the latest,right?I find on ATI 7.81 as the latest Driver and Controlpanel is 4012,hoping these are the latest,i will dl them and try,thanks again

6. tom009

tom009 Guest

OK,ive tried the lasted Control and the latest 7.81 Drivers,all went OK so far.No checkerboards and no Pixelerrors.Bios is tuned on 290/290,I know there is some more Potencial,but I think,its enough for me and the Card.
    Very tricky is the XP Recovery-****,I found 6!!! ati2mtag.sys in different Folders and in the SP1.cab.The only cool Way is to actually the Drivers over Hardware.Next serious Thing is,I have two Cards in Hardware,nice,but I bought only one of them ;);)
    I mean,its the DVI Monitor plugin,this will give two Cards in Hardware.
    May Points in 3D Mark are a little bit bader than with Driver 792,I have unpatched only 10935
    After patching I have 13248 in 3D Mark2001 its OK and I m happy with this.