Danger!! Nwn And Rivatuner!!

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by heavym, Jan 24, 2003.

1. heavym

heavym Guest

After installing rivatuner never winter nights don start any more( only ses intro then blackscreen and a hand(well konwn problem(/but no realy fix for it))).. i only instal the app then looket att som setting (not chaning anythin) then tryed to play NWN that i had been playing 30 min ago!! don't use this app if u play nwn .. and quake3 don't start to.. Rivatuner brakes you opengl subsystem!!!

have a gf4

2. Emanon75

Emanon75 Guest

You may want to change the title of the thread to :

"Noob messes with settings he doesn't understand and screws up driver settings"

:rolleyes:
    That would seem more appropriate, wouldn't it?

Rivatuner doesn't change anything unless told to do so, obviously Rivatuner itself isn't the cause of your problem.
    You must have changed something..;)

Try this and see if it helps...

Open Rivatuner, click the bottom tab, next to "detoinator xp detected", you'll see 7 tabs, ogl, Dx etc...
    Click the one on the far right, "reset all driver settings to default", restart when prompted.
    That should solve your problem.

One word of advice....
    Take responsability for your own actions and don't blame your inability to properly use and understand Rivatuner on the app itself.

Rivatuner doesn't cause problems...
    Changing settings within it without understanding what they do does. :p

3. JoeKuta

JoeKuta Guest

hahaha

dude learn how to type

ktnx

4. Kakaru2

Kakaru2 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 8800GTX 768MB
    LoL reading your post heavym.
    Here's a tip for u: put the computer on an open fire. It's a known fact that T>1000 cures any issues RT may have.

5. Malbeth

Malbeth Active Member

Just for the sake of argument, one oft-overlooked way of telling RT to change something is to open some of the driver customization tabs like those for D3D/OGL. At this point, RT a) fixes any inconsistencies between the current Detonator registry settings and RT's database and b) initializes common Detonator registry settings with their default values as per RT's database. Using a very outdated version of RT with a brand new driver might make you regret you weren't balancing your drive for new drivers with that for new tweakers.
    In this particular case, though, I feel that the original poster has a proprietary understanding of what not changing anything is...

6. Wheelhop

Wheelhop Guest

I'm using Rivatuner and NWN is working just fine.