Home Made Vids

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by keasy, Aug 9, 2014.

1. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    Being relatively new to G3D I wasn't sure where to post this following video.
    I see a video thread but that seems to be for those videos on the net that are either funny, strange or amazing etc.

So why not a thread for Guru's to share their home made vids ?

Let's see those home grown movies folks.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Anyway, I'm drunk and I don't mind admitting that I'm feeling a little bit sentimental.
    So I wanted to share my home made video of my kid playing the drums.

He worked towards this for a few months, also learning to read music ( as far as drums go) at the same time.
    9 years old. Not practising nearly as much as he should but that's okay, I'll forgive him. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0nCG99sy5I

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  2. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Was nice, shouldn't his kit be outputting more of a thunderous sound or were you recording with a mic?

3. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    It was captured on my Panasonic SD 600 which as good as it is/was for the price and its time doesn't support an external mic.

It could have been louder regardless but as it's an electric kit so it's set to a level that doesn't disturb the neighbours, hence the reason why it's a synth/elec kit.
    Plus the processing bank was a bit outdated too, he's ( read as me buying) upgraded now and has a new processing unit. It's got a lot more funky stuff, but not that any of that stuff matters until one is competent enough to utilise it beyond a bit of fun.

I'm choking at the bit; in all honesty to buy him an acoustic kit, but until he commits to practising more I'm not prepared to do so.

4. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Guest

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    Pretty neat.
    At least your son has a great sense of rhythm, and didn't miss a beat.
    See you later.