editing my fan auto profile (done some but little stuck as dont queit get this guide)

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by damien666, Oct 12, 2008.

1. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    ok i have a 4870x2 and it seems that so far if i run the fan at 60% i get a max CORE temp of 70'c but i also get a max MEMORY temp of 83'c, so my default fan specs are

Duty cycle min: 24
    Duty cycle max: 100
    T min: 75
    T range: 40
    T operating: 95
    T low limit: 85
    T high limit: 100

and ive edited the Duty cycle min: to 60 which seems to have worked fine and kept my temps at a ok heat as listed above but i would like to setup the profile so that the Duty cycle min will run at a minimum of 50 but also increase when the temps hit 75'c like auto fan control does, but i cant figure out what i edit the rest of the settings to can some one please help

INFO
    i want a min fan speed of 50 as i find this speed pleasant on my ears while in idle mode, but when the temps hit 75'c i would liek the fan to increase slowly so that it keeps it at a nice 75-80'c temp, is this possible

Advanced Automatic Fan Control
    http://www.vaguetech.com/index.php?pageid=rt207#advcontrol

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Check ADT7473 (you fan controller IC name) datasheet, you can find absolutely everything there.

3. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    im sorry but i do not get what this is or were to find it can u be abit more indepth please

4. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    Well the datasheet is here, but I'm not sure how this is going to help you exactly.

5. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load

dont suppose you being the rivatuner man could spend 5min to type what settings i should use to get the effects i want

please

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

7. ribbell

ribbell Active Member

GPU:
    4870X2
    Try these ones:

Duty cycle min: 50
    Duty cycle max: 100
    T min: 65
    T range: 80
    T operating: 85
    T low limit: 65
    T high limit: 110

Anyway, as Unwinder pointed out, it would be better if you fully understand these settings by reading the datasheet, the best settings are always the ones you find out by consciously tuning your system.

On a side note, i just don't understand how you can feel a 50 % speed pleasant on your ears with THIS card...

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  8. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load

thank you will try these settings now mate

hi mate i have tryed them and they seem ok but can i ask is the T operating: 85 saying that it will try to keep the temp at 85'c and just keep adding more fan

9. ribbell

ribbell Active Member

GPU:
    4870X2
    T_operating works in this way: when the temperature given by the fan sensor connected to the fan controller (that is different from the gpu temperature by 3-5 ° C, you can see it by selecting ADT7473.dll:0 data source in the cor temperature setup window) raises above T_operating - 5 ° C and the temperature slope is positive above a given threeshold, the controller reduces Tmin, consequentely the fan speed becomes higher. In this way the controller should be able to keep the temperature below T_operating.
    So it's normal that when a temperature near T_operating is reached, the fan speed start increasing even if the temperature increases a little. Of course the fan speed will increase only the needed delta in order to reach a steady state condition under T_operating with the given GPU load. However this happens only if T_operating is a reasonable value: if T_operating is too low, there's a high chance that the fan speed will reach 100 % under load.
    BTW, all the parameters are explained in great detail through the datasheet. You can learn many things by reading it.