New 560 ti, many problems, crashes, freezes, startup issues, etc.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by mseffner, Dec 26, 2011.

1. mseffner

mseffner Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560 ti 1024MB
    I got a new GTX 560 ti about a month ago and have had a wide variety of problems with it. After about two weeks of trying to fix it, trying different drivers and clock settings, I gave up and re-installed windows. After that, the problems continued but I was able to start the computer and use it for work, so I just ignored the issues.
    Now, the problems are rendering my computer unusable again, so I desperately need help. My step father (who worked in tech support) and I have tried everything we can think of, taken it to a shop to have them fix it twice, and still, nothing has worked.

The problems include the following:

At startup, when the computer tries to run Windows, the screen turns black, then displays a black screen covered with a varying pattern of white "=" signs, occasionally turns black again, then shows the pattern again. With the 275.33 driver, it will sometimes successfully start windows after doing this for about 10 minutes. With all other drivers that I've tried, it will simply show the white "=" signs and never start.

When it does successfully start Windows, some of the time it will work perfectly, but other times it will have the problems listed below.
    • Display freezes randomly when I mouse over some links or buttons.
    • Loading web pages sometimes causes the display to freeze.
    • Loading a Youtube video causes an error like "The Windows Kernel Mode driver 275.33 has stopped responding and has recovered" about half of the time.
    • Strangely, it can run all of my games, even the more graphically intensive games that I own like Assassin's Creed 2, for hours without any issues.

I've been struggling with this for weeks now, and would really like to be done with it. None of my searches have found anyone with problems exactly like mine, and nothing I've tried has worked. So, hopefully you guys can help me.

2. jayman

jayman Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor AX7990 x 2 3GB
    560 ti

What motherboard does your computer have? If it has on-board video try taking the video card out and see it works ok with the on-board video, (if you have not tried that).
    One other thing to try is installing the video card into a different computer to test. It also could be a sign the HDD is going bad (bad). HDD do funny things when going bad and/or are bad. But it would help if you could tell on your post what the MB is! And let us not forget the power supplies??????? ( you should at least have 650W+).

3. mseffner

mseffner Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560 ti 1024MB
    I don't know what the motherboard is, but I managed to run in normal mode long enough to run a tool and find that the manufacturer is Gateway and the model is DX 4850, so I hope that is the information you needed. The power supply is brand new and 650w, but I don't know the exact specifications. The computer is less than 6 months old, so I hope it isn't a serious hardware issue.

4. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Brand psu? You have a link to it? Amps on the 12v rail? If its a high quality 650watt it is more than enough.

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    @OP, If the Gateway model is DX4850, it uses a motherboard based on Intel's H67 chipset....

Failing harddrive won't produce the symptons the OP is describing. Faulty Ram, faulty GPU, faulty graphics memory, faulty PCIe controller (CPU integrated), last of sufficient power, all would.... Also, the recommendation for his graphics card is 500watts with 30amps on the 12V rail(s)...

6. corwar84

corwar84 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560 Ti
    Similar Problem

This thread may be dead by now but I'm having a similar problem with freezes on my gtx 560 ti. It doesn't happen while gaming but only when browsing the internet or going around in windows 7. It doesn't happen often just enough to be slightly annoying. Just wondering if you guys found a solution to this yet. I haven't had any weird things pop up on screen, just a freeze every once in a while and sometimes a failure to recover from stand by. I'm pretty sure it's the card.