So nobody interested in forming a Clan?

Discussion in 'Guru of 3D Clan' started by KILL BILL, Jan 6, 2005.

1. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon X850 XTPE
    I thought you guys would jump at the chance of having a clan as you all play CS/S so much.

2. jonroach13

jonroach13 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI Radeon 9800 PRO "XT"
    nice specs kill bill....

i play a ton of cs:s when i'm at school. i'd be down to start something up starting this coming weekend.... let me know

3. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Member Guru

GPU:
    shall do

4. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    sure I'm in

5. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Member Guru

GPU:
    Great we just need a few more people, im currently in a clan but am willing to quit if we get one going here

6. Gilbo

Gilbo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    x800pro
    i would consider it, but the only time i'm ever free is late at night, around 2am EST

7. Firefox_1

Firefox_1 Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 9800 GT 512 MB
    Hey, why not. I play CSS all the time, would be nice to have a group of gurus meet to senselessly kill each other. :D

8. ekimator

ekimator Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB
    im in for it

9. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I really miss the old CS-days yeah.. *sighs*

10. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Member Guru

GPU:
    Well then i think we have a quite a few willing here, i think the only problem here is going to be time difference, but im sure we can sort something out.

Also we are going to need a CS/S server, ill have a look into a few options.

11. ekimator

ekimator Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB
    its a guru3d forum with tons of users. gotta be someone that can run a server :)

12. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Member Guru

GPU:
    Yea running it is not the problem i was thinking more about asking Hilbert if he wanted to get a GURU3D clan serverm

13. Falcon

Falcon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF 7800gtx X2
    Setting up something like that through Hilbert isn't as easy as it sounds since all the server stuff he has up is all dedicated for its current purpose I believe. In the past there has usually been a member or 2 with a descent enough pipe to support 8-10 people servers. (my DSL worked fine for this with CS1.6, haven’t tried CS:S) Generally this is sufficient for the levels of participation that is occurring on any given night. If there happen to be more than that many people on a server, then it's as simple as finding a large one. The main purpose of the private server is for training and scrims, things that require full control over the server. I’m sure with all the guru’s here it shouldn’t be hard to find someone with a good connection and some time for it. For general Guru3D playing, frequenting other servers is a good way to show the world what we are made of here. :D Before doing so I just need to inform you that I need to see some sort of group and clan activity before use of the Guru3D tag is permitted. It’s more of an affiliation issue more than anything else, but something that will come soon enough once things get rolling Anyways, if you want any more information about anything just send me a pm or reply here and I’d be happy to answer any questions for you.

14. dfwny

dfwny Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX280 SSC Ed. 1GB
    Can't make any promises, but I should have access to a T1 in a few months... might be able to slip a small server on there somewhere ;)

Still haven't downloaded CS/S Dedicated server software, might have to make that my next project, see how it works, bandwidth requirements, etc...

15. Falcon

Falcon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF 7800gtx X2
    Go Go Go :D

16. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    so falcon, you'll act as a "clanleader" from now on?

17. Falcon

Falcon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF 7800gtx X2
    Actually I've been the clan admin for about 2 years now. Time has just been much harder to find recently to keep things going. Plus there was a general lack of interest for a while before this too. (Old members getting burned out, having social lives, etc..)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2005
  18. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    oh, I see. uhm, will skill-level play a big part in membership? I've been playing for awhile, and I concider myself sligthly above average, but I'm far from an "l337" player...

19. Falcon

Falcon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF 7800gtx X2
    Skill level isn't important whatsoever.

It's all about the fun of fragging with some fellow Guru's. :)

20. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    that's what I'm looking for, keep us posted. and let us know if we can help with the process