Pausing problems with Hercules 4500 64mb

Discussion in 'Videocards - Intel ARC & ARC Driver section' started by nas, Jul 8, 2002.

1. nas

nas Guest

Hope someone can help....
    I'm trying to play Cricket 2002 (EASports) but the game continuously pauses, stop/starts. Graphics look great, but the game will run smoothly for approx 10 seconds, then pause for 1-2 seconds, then run for another 5-10 seconds, then pause etc. Sound is not affected. I've tried 15.48 and 14.28 drivers, but no joy. I've also updated mobo drivers.
    IRQ 11 shares the graphics card with a modem enumerator, but even with the modem removed from the pc the problem remains.
    Other games (FIFA, Colin McRae 2, GP3) run smoothly, but I've tried altering all the settings on the graphics card but still the pausing with cricket 2002.
    AGP is set to 2x in bios.
    Please can someone help?!
    BTW, I'm a novice when it comes to tinkering with bios etc...

Win 98 se
    Hercules 3D Prophet 4500 Kyro II TV Out 64 mb
    Celeron 1.2
    256 mb ram
    mobo - Intel D815EEA PIII FC 933 CC815E Socket370 ATX 133 with onboard SoundMAX audio.

Thanks in advance.

2. Linford75

Linford75 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce FX 5900XT 128mb
    Could just be that this particular game don't get on too well with the kyro gpu's or drivers or both, try a newer version driver, and defrag your HD if you hav'ent bothered for a while......

3. nas

nas Guest

Tried both of those, but no joy.
    Even borrowed a HDD froma mate, reinstalled Win 98 SE from new and installed the game on that (after the original graphics drivers/mobo drivers etc). Still the same problem.
    Guess you're right about a conflict with the gpu....

4. syphon

syphon Guest

Try to find old drivers for the 4500, the new ones aren't that good

5. nas

nas Guest

Funny you should say that, 'coz I've reinstalled the original drivers that came with the card (version 7.111a I think) and although it's not perfect, it's a lot better than with the newer drivers.
    Thanks again.

6. syphon

syphon Guest