Rivatuner 2.08 and 8600GTS weird overclocking issue

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Stoly, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Stoly

Stoly Member

Just installed the new rivatuner in vista64, I went to the overclocking tab and I try 750 mhz core (default 730), when I click ok it reverts to default, so I try 745, 740, 731, still reverts to 730. So I downclock to 700mhz and yup you guessed it right, back to default.

I try overclocking the memory, same results

I untick link clocks and up 50mhz on the shader clock, IT WORKS, it goes up to 1650 from 1450 default.

Thing is now I can overclock the core and memory 800/1230, but if I don't overclock the shader, I can't overclock core or memory.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
  2. Stoly

Stoly Member

Installed latest drivers, same problem

I've found that there's some kind of threshold between the core and shader clock. I need to overclock the shader at least 50 mhz for core overclocking to work, else it wont overclock even 1mhz

To reach 780 core i need the shader to go at least 1560mhz. Since I haven't had a 8000 series card I don't know if this is normal, I assume it is. Still it puzzles me that I have to overclock the shader clock to be able to overclock the core and memory at all.