Calling all benchers

Discussion in 'Benchmark Mayhem' started by cowie, Apr 4, 2011.

1. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  2. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Thank you Gino :D , just for fun nothing sub-sero as I have retired from extreme overclocking on LN2 because is way too much money for a 65L dewar tank. This is in my 24/7 daily driver/gaming pc all water cooled.

3. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Hey bro
    Your not kidding its like 4usd a liter and that's crazy for a by-product.

I just try to have fun when I bench air water or whatever and not go too broke doing it :)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  4. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Hey, yeah I saw that! Good to see Chispy getting back on it :)

Been playing with the ud5 past couple days, no cold though I'm afraid, though I may be picking up a Little Devil Phase Unit on HWbot Forum!

But yeah, been playing with the 3770K under the Coolermaster 212 Evo, really limited to 4.6GHz 1.36v, so been playing with my air cooled AMD 6950 GPU! Hit 26466 Marks in Vantage! GPU was at 1035Mhz on the core and 1375MHz on the mems! Fan was at 95% lol was so freaking loud!!

I have another 6950 here with a Full Cover Waterblock on it, guessing that was my better 6950, why else would I leave the waterblock on it? So may try set up a little loop for it, maybe throw the rad in some ice water or something, get those temps low!

Hope I can get that phase, want this 3770K cold again! Want to see what I can score in Vantage with my CPU around 5.1-5.2GHz!!

5. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    its a great combo to run high clocked 4core cpu's and older cards in vantage.
    high cpu speed helps the 3d side of the bench and they don't score as well as the last few generations in gpu tests .so put up 36k-40k cpu score with it and its very competitive with 6 and 8 cores on overall score.

Keep us posted

6. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Just tried the unlocked BIOS on my 6950, shaders only, was able to run 1030MHz and 1350Mhz on the core and mems respectively in Vantage. 3770K still at 4.6GHz

Hit 27227!! Still on Air cooling too! Hopefully get that Phase sooner rather than later! I got some more tubing aswell so I can try running the 6950 under cold water, gonna put the rad in a container with water and ice see what happens, never no might get better clocks out of it with cooler temps on the core and VRMs! :grin:

Update

Upped my CPU to 4.7Ghz, took 1.46v!

Hit 27455! beat BZ's score by 10 marks lol

Update2

Ran 3dMark11, hit 7633! CPU 4.6GHz GPU 1023Mhz 1500Mhz would put me in 14th for HWTPPs, hopefully when its cold I can crack the top 10!

This was running my Watercooled 6950, think I can hit higher Frequencies, those where my Vantage Stable ones.

Will have to see if I can get her in Ice water today!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  7. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Got the Phase Unit, will post pics soon!

8. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    Actually I think it's only 250 degree's? Solder melts at 180 or so.....

9. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Holy chit matt you got the phase....f in great dude

kick as5 scores so far too can not wait to see more

hmmmm speaking of BZ....? hope he has been ok

10. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Oh yes! Shall have a good look at it over the weekend!

Yeah I think having HT helped in those 3d benches, looking forward to doing the same runs but at up to 5.4GHz I hope.

Not sure about BZ, think he's still about, just not benching now which is sad, think he would have been good!

How's you anyway cowie, you've been away for a couple weeks?

11. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Well keep us posted on your efforts.
    Yeah I guess it got boring to BZ,he did very well on his hardware

yeah was in panama a few days had a messed up hand and my (x:))girl was giving me issues plus the weather is so nice now.
    but I was lurking.
    so bored of my titans I really need a volt mod, had a 7600gt @900 the other day and that was fun :)

12. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Plugged the phase in today. Looks to be working, watched as it dropped down to -52c! Nice!

Was really cool seeing the evap getting all frosty lol Not as noisy as I thought it would be too, but still loud enough for me to not want one running 24/7 in a rig, which is a shame, would be cool to have a Little Devil V10 running Phase!

Anyway I guess I best get to insulating the UD5H now ;)

13. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    yeah baby!!!!!

14. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Done some 2d stuff, still need a lot of volts, my 3770k is prob a bit crap, still liking the phase though!

15. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Last edited: May 12, 2015

16. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Haha going well isn't it :) Have to say I like the phase! Perhaps I could look out for a cascade in the future, maybe a new toy for next year ;)

But yeah still learning, may play with my ram, since the IMC is cold may be able to get a better clock and/or better timings!? Just need to learn which benches benefit from mems tweaking the most

May install xp as well so I can run aquamark and 01, had trouble with those in the past in win7

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    Nice job!

I see 5.1Ghz 3770K @ Vantage physics is just a little faster then 4.7Ghz Haswell - I got ~ 35400 or so, 3dmark06 physics is few points short I got a little over 10000 :nerd:

maybe try 1T instead of 2T by ram, this could give that extra kick :D

18. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I am thinking about get a phase this month myself just looking around and found a few local.....but one sounds like a lawn mower

19. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    I'll give 1t a shot, but think I really need better main timings too to really start making a difference

Yeah there pretty good, believe mines a little devil one a V1 most likely, but still works well.

I was also thinking I could order some dice every now and then put the pot on the CPU and see if I can mount the phase to a GPU ;)

Who's this cousineddie fella anyway how's been submitting?

Also does anyone know any Tweaks for Skydiver? Can only seem to score 18.3K at best

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  20. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    That's a good idea and its more fun to do when both are --0. I was going to use the phase for mostly my vga's but I am still looking around and may just get another better gpu pot.I want to get two cards cold only did that 1 time with 2 7600gt's.

yeah I seen his submissions there are pretty cool
    so welcome cousineddie.

I never ran skydiver but I see it gets points now
    Hbot is slow now but I am going to run this pos zotac gtx 980x dust collector into the ground,I swear I want to bury it in the garden.