OCZ Vertex 4 problems, pls help

Discussion in 'SSD and HDD storage' started by vidra, Sep 30, 2014.

1. vidra

vidra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB
    Hi, my OCZ Vertex 4 SSD is giving me loads of grief. Yesterday I was uninstalling a game when my PC froze. I tried rebooting but it froze while it was detecting my hard drives. A full switch off later the boot process got to the screen where you choose Safe Mode or Normal Startup and whichever option I chose the screen just went black and the hdd led stopped flickering, i.e. The PC froze. When I reset my PC, it went back to freezing during the hard drive detection process until I switched it off and on again and then it made it to the Safe mode screen again where it froze, etc, etc.

I tried switching the SSD to a different SATA port but to no avail. I put the SSD into my wife's PC, but when I booted into Windows (on my wife's installation), I could see my hard drive but when I tried to access it, the PC froze. I tried booting my PC with Hiren's boot usb stick and managed to delete the partition on my SSD, after which I tried to reinstall Windows 7, but the installation process froze as the SSD was most probably invisible/inaccessible.

Any tips on how I can 'revive' my SSD? I'm getting desperate :(

Thanks in advance!

2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Reflash the latest 1.5 firmware, then do a secure erase.

3. vidra

vidra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB
    Thanks! It worked. I did just that. I made a bootable DVD of the OCZ firmware utility and restored the SSD to life.

Cheers :)

4. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    No problem :)