Poor SSD benchmark score (1x SSD, 2x HDD in RAID0)

Discussion in 'SSD and HDD storage' started by CSF90, Sep 4, 2014.

1. CSF90

CSF90 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabye GTX 980Ti OC
    Hey Gurus

So I was reading this thread, and it got me wondering and doing a benchmark on my own SSD (and I didn't want to hi-jack the OP's thread).

Sure enough, the results are sub-par, and I was wondering whether I've got anything set up incorrectly? Results are here.

I've got a Corsair Force 3 SSD (SATA III), and then 2x 2TB 5400RPM hard drives set up in RAID0. I'm using my motherboard's RAID controller which is Intel. I've just updated to the latest RST driver (12.9.something, up from 12.1.something) although it didn't make a difference to my benchmarks. TRIM is enabled on the SSD according to Windows.

I set up my RAID a few months back after getting a second HDD due to filling up my original. I could've just set them up as standalones but fancied trying something a bit different (had never done it before). To be clear, the SSD is not part of the array - just the 2 HDDs!

Am I missing something? I don't have any proof (old screenshots or whatever) but I'm pretty sure my SSD used to hit ~300MB/s in both Seq Read and Write tests a year or so back. It is a few years old now though. FYI, it's got 38GB free space.

Thanks for any help!