Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Just announced by ubisoft!

Today Ubisoft announced that Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is in development at Ubisoft’s Paris studio and is scheduled to be released worldwide Holiday 2010.

Created by the award-winning team behind Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter and Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2, the game will feature cutting-edge technology, prototype high-tech weaponry, and state-of-the-art single-player and multiplayer modes. Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier will go beyond the core Ghost Recon franchise and deliver a fresh gameplay experience, with an unparalleled level of quality that will excite long-time fans and newcomers alike.

Ubisoft is offering gamers a chance to be the first to play Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier’s Multiplayer Beta this summer 2010. This exclusive beta invitation will be available for a limited time to customers who purchase Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, which releases on 16 April 2010.

[​IMG]

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/comments_news.phtml?id=020910_4

Link to confirm the above announcement, probably somewhere on Ubisofts website as well. :)

Could be interesting, haven't played the GRAW games however but I did play Ghost Recon 2 many years ago, was fun and similar to that times Rainbow Six games or SWAT.

EDIT: Of course GRAW and R6 Vegas play entirely different from those earlier titles, heh.

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Awesome News! already looking forward to it!

4. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Well after first being very sceptical of the GRAW series I ended up falling in love with it, this was however GRIN's PC version and not the console version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXRWtSOJA44

<3

We had a blast with online. When it worked. :3eyes:

5. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    GRAW on PC was done by a different dev than this title, this is the developer who did GRAW on console. GRAW 1 and 2 on PC were still slow semi sim shooters like Ghost Recon always had been, the big difference is they were urban combat.

More than likely this will end up more like Vegas or GRAW on 360 unfortunately, I can't imagine them releasing anything resembling a true Rainbow Six or Ghost Recon game on consoles.

6. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    The fact they've not announced any official platforms does make me wonder though.

7. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    So your saying Red Storm is making it instead of GRIN ?

i wonder if they still use the Diesel Engine which they used in previous warfighter games.

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Grin has been shut down since a while.
    (Went under after Bionic Commando got released.)

9. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Red Storm are making Future Fighter. That's already been confirmed. They became Ubisoft Paris if I'm not mistaken.

10. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    oo crap.... well hopefully Red Storm employed those people

11. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Terminator Salvation was the final nail in the coffin for GRIN. Not BC. A lot of people actually liked that game. WANTED probably didn't help either. In the end they just took too much on and their work suffered because of it. Still sad to see them go.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  12. blurp33

blurp33 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Any word on Online CO-OP ? That would be an instant buy for me. I still play Raven Shield CO-OP games once in a while ... ;-)

13. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Indeed, no Tom Clancy shooter is complete without coop, i hope they plan to include it. Good news still.

I still play GRAW2 online coop from time to time (look for strangey0104 on some UK servers), there are sooo many custom maps out now it really starts making more and more fun. (if you can find all the maps to DL)

Personally i have to say i lost faith in the series when R6:Lockup was released. Vegas was better but carried the big shiny 'WE'VE GONE MAINSTREAM' sign all over it, which i disliked a lot.
    I chose to give in and found Vegas2 to be fun though, not ball at all.

My biggest dream would be a RavenShield 2, with crysis gfx and MP COOP. Man, that would rock. :)

14. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    A true updated re-imagining of the first GR is what we really need. No GR game since has beaten the original. Original and still the best might I add.

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i want COOP on this!

16. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    +100

17. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    I liked the PC version but found that the console versions on a higher difficulty were better, so it had that classic ghost recon feel to it.

18. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    I must say I did enjoy Ghost Recon & Vegas on Xbox 360. If they go that route w/ better graphics, I'm all for it.

19. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    I love the Ghost Recon series.

My son and I still play co-op of GRAW

I love the slow pace style and long missions.....I hope they keep it the same.

The original GRAW on pc was very hard....I just loved it.

GRAW 2 was pretty good....but easier than the first.

I can't wait.......please dont dumb this game down.

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    and i want third person this time..as it happens in xbox360 version(and ps3 i guess)

wall cover is good. adds tension to gun fights imo.