EVGA Geforce 970 GTX Issues...

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by TallgeeseIV, Oct 19, 2014.

1. TallgeeseIV

TallgeeseIV Member

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 970GTX
    I just picked this card up, along with an Accel Active DisplayPort 1.1 to HDMI Adapter, and although the 4th monitor connected to the displayport adapter is detected, i cannot enable it.

I had the same brand active mini displayport to dvi adapters working just fine with 4 monitors with my old AMD 7750's, so I trutedt the brand, but I'm thinking i needed a different adapter.

next issue, aero in windows 7 is disabled and won't come back on, and I have no idea why.

and finally, after every reboot, the color settings for each screen are reset to their very faded defaults.

I haven't overclocked yet, and I'm on driver version 344.16. Any ideas?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  2. TallgeeseIV

TallgeeseIV Member

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 970GTX
    Nevermind all of this. I'm going back to the store and returning this for the R9 290X, like I wanted in the first place. I swear, every time I give Nvidia a chance, they massively disappoint me. This makes the 4th occasion where they dropped the ball.

3. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    It sucks that you had a bad experience. I imagine though if you went with a different brand you may not have run into these issues.
    The evga fro my reading is one of the versions to avoid..

4. TallgeeseIV

TallgeeseIV Member

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 970GTX
    That's possible. I'm pretty sure it's the driver's that are causing the bulk of the issues, and if course AMD users are no stranger to those. Still, AMD seems to have sorted out the bulk of 290X issues.

5. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    No doubt about it. the initial drivers .11 had issues.. .16 fixed it up for some, and now the .24 I find have solved most of my problems.

Then again, many of the issues were hardware related (Coil Whine, issues with I/O, fans spinning to full blast and needing a reboot before they would turn down)

From all that I have read on the 970 series, the brands people have had the least trouble with are Gigabyte, Asus, Zotac and Gainward. The Palit, MSI, and EVGA have had their share of issues. At least, the last three I have read about more commonly.