Question for GURU3D staff or Mods (Ryzen)

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Unstizzy, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Unstizzy

Unstizzy Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti SC
    Are we able to get an ETA on when you will be receiving Ryzen chips?(If you can even talk about it) I have read something about an NDA lift on the 28. But at the event the speaker also spoke about reviewing as much as you want. That could be just referring to the event

I ask because I don't want to pre-order and be short changed by my decision. I am mainly concerning on the OC difference in the 1700 and 1700X. I could care less about the XFR Auto OC stuff and am wondering whether the the $70 difference will be validated in the OC difference.

2. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I want to know this as well. The 1700 is 3.0 GHz vs 3.4 GHz base frequency for the 1700X, and has a lower TDP. I think the 1700 is more for the casual gamer, overclocker, and typical user whereas the 1700X is more of an enthusiast chip.

3. Kharnak

Kharnak Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 TUF
    I want the 1700 aswell, but not sure if the 1700X is worth it since i'll be overclocking as much as possible myself.

4. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    First Ryzen chip and motherboard arrives tomorrow for testing, the first review will be available March 2nd. This is as much as I can disclose at the moment though.

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Thanks for clarifying HH :)

6. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    :banana::banana::banana:

7. Unstizzy

Unstizzy Active Member