COUGAR 200K Gaming Keyboard

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    This keyboard's three defining features are its exquisite and quiet feeling due to its scissor switch mechanism, its anti-ghosting technology that ensures accuracy when gaming and the pack of core no...

COUGAR 200K Gaming Keyboard

2. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    I must have a keyboard with dedicated volume controls...two hand keystroke for volume through a function key is a no-sell.

3. vajoiner

vajoiner Guest

GPU:
    Mystique G200
    i bought a keyboard with a rolling volume. i'm trying to remember if there was actually life before this.

4. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    maybe you guys need to look past the 100y old windows player..

at least i havent seen a decent player (MPC/AIMP) that wont allow volume control thru mouse (wheel) or arrow up/down.

5. BigBlockTowncar

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    I want system volume control through independent keys with a mute button. I use them all the time when I play guitar or am in-game. Mousewheel and arrow key functionality is available within winamp, which is very old software.

6. bazookaman3

bazookaman3 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    You do realize there are many more programs that use volume other than a media player, don't you? What if they're playing a game, or viewing YouTube in a browser, or one of the other million things they could be doing? Will your fancy media player scrollwheel volume functionality help in these cases? No, it won't.

7. vazup

vazup Guest

GPU:
    r9 280X
    Trust me, you want an external volume control that doesn't control windows system sound, something like an amplifier, if the windows volume isnt turned all the way up it also degrades the sound quality.

P.S "Its anti-ghosting technology, implemented in the 19 keys that are most vital for gaming" fail.... those keys do not include the key "R" which is a must if you play mobas, at least the most popular ones.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  8. vajoiner

vajoiner Guest

GPU:
    Mystique G200
    while this is true, for me at least with what i use, its still hand to mouse to aim to wheel, where my keyboard has become an easy single movement.
    i prefer it to the old way.

9. BigBlockTowncar

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    bleh. I have heard people talking about bit-depth reduction, digital vs analog volume controls, etc.....the fact of the matter is that testing that sort of thing just leaves you with nuance and any possible differences don't matter in a game of BF4 or with the guitar. The guitar is hard enough to normalize the volume as it is.

10. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    One of those annoying myths.

Setting windows output signal to 80% will avoid distortion and clipping that usually happens at 100%, and will more then compensate for any theoretical benefits of higher SNR.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/671220/eff...e-to-keep-software-at-full-volume-is-nonsense

I know, right?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015

11. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    I'm just going to necro this thread and ask a question regarding this keyboard:

Has anyone tried it?
    I've been looking for a replacement keyboard for my logitech k740 (it doesn't support simultaneous W + CTRL + Space pushes) and I don't want any goddamn mechanical CLICK CLANK CLONK "gaming" keyboards.
    This cougar seems to have scissor switches, so that's good.

12. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    My old keyboard had dedicated volume control buttons...I miss it.