Cannon T4i issue

Discussion in 'Digital Photography, Home and Portable Electronics' started by PhazeDelta1, Sep 29, 2014.

1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I'm having a slight issue with my camera after I took it in today for it's yearly checkup and cleaning. Long story short, I had the tech update the firmware and now I seem to be having a problem with taking a picture when looking through the view finder. What I mean is, before the firmware update, I could press the action button slightly to focus, then it would beep to let me know it had focus properly. Now when I do the same thing after the update, it focuses, but theres no beep. Also, I can't take a picture either. If I do the exact same thing when viewing through the lcd screen, everything works like it should. Not sure if it makes a difference, but it does this on both my lenses. I have the ef-s 18-55mm and a ef 75-300mm lense. I've had this camera for a little over a year and I'm still trying to figure it out. Other than what I have described, the camera works perfectly. Is there a way to reset it to factory defaults? I have gone through the menu and the manual and can't find out how.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Apparently my reading skills aren't what they use to be. I found the section in the manual that explains how to reset the camera back to it's default setting after going through it again.. Everything is working like is should now.

3. wsgroves

wsgroves Guest

Good glad to hear it. Make sure you go in and turn back on the focus confirmation beep and also reprogram all the CN functions.

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I have done all that. :nerd: