Presentation on projector advice

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by anticupidon, Nov 13, 2016.

1. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Sorry folks if isn't the right section, mods can move the thread to the rightfully one.
    I have to make a presentation for an event, in a theatre.They have their own projector, ableit a bit antiquated.There is no budget, i have to come by with whatever there is.The laptop has Win8.1/Win 10 and connects to the projector via VGA.
    The main issues is: i will connect to that projector with a laptop who will give the video feed.But it is wanted to show only the pictures/movie/whatever, without seeing menus, cursor opening the media etc.Just the things i have to present , that's all.
    More, there is no know pattern of what i have to show, because until the very moment of the presentation, some details can change, thus the order will be random.

What i did until now..added a second monitor to the laptop, put a neutral wallpaper, hid the taskbar, and played the media on the second monitor.Works, but i wanted more refinement.

Maybe it doesn't make any sense, just ask me and i will try to give as much details i can provide, just want to hear more opinions, or different approach for the issue.
    Thanks in advance!

2. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    The simplest way I can think of, is to use the video mute function on the projector. It may be old, but surely has to have one. Muting it will just show just black screen and in the mean time you can open your presentation, make it full screen, hide all the menus and cursors and just be ready to un-mute the projector and hit the play button on the keyboard.

3. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    you mean a powerpoint presentation? it will automatically project to secondary screen in fullscreen, if you need to make changes on the fly just open another powerpoint, set the second screen to have no taskbar and a fitting background for when you switch between presentations, and don't move your mouse near the edges

4. JordanMihailov

JordanMihailov Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 780
    EspHack gave you a good suggestion. I agree with that:)

5. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Sorry to take so long to give some feedback.
    In the end, i made a small script launching VLC.
    Made all the modifications i needed from VLC extended menu.
    Borderless, without OSD, no title of played media, and launching in the second monitor(Tools/Preferences/Advanced preferences/Output modules/Video/DirectX/\\display)
    It worked, everyone was happy..