Win10 x64 nVidia GTX970 Code 43

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Senec, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Senec

Senec Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 4GB
    In hindsight, maybe I should have done a little reading up on potential pitfalls before I clicked that little button before bed last night. But I digress...

Over the past 5 hours (with little catnaps here and there in between) I've been trying to find a solution that works for me in regards to a fresh windows 10 pro install (Build 10240), a previously happy GTX970, and an error message that equates to "Meh.". I've let windows update try to install the driver, I've let Geforce Experience try to install the driver, I've tried custom and express installs of all downloadable versions of nVidia's geforce drivers for win10x64. I've tried compatibility mode for win7, 8, 8.1 on the installer. I've tried run as admin, I've selected to Unblock the file in its properties, as it came from another computer. All I'm getting is Code 43 in the video card properties page.

I'd like to get this to work with the 353.62 version of nVidia's drivers that were just released yesterday, but I'll take anything at this point. Any ideas?

2. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Did you try cleaning Nvidia drivers with DDU in Safe Mode first and then manually installing the driver?

3. Senec

Senec Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 4GB
    Yeah actually, I ended up killing my win10 install after I ran DDU. It booted to safe mode just fine, did its thing, and restarted, and never came back up.

I ended up having to reset my BIOS and wipe my C drive to reload win7. But when I upgraded to win10 this morning, I first ran windows update, and then restarted the machine. When it came back up, the video driver was loaded and ready to go. The first time around, I started throwing updated drivers at it right away, so I guess I sabotaged myself. Ultimately, things are running great now. Moral of the story? Let win10 handle its stuff automagically before tinkering with it.

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I got that error after doing fresh install of windows 10, "tried" to install the drivers and "failed" cause I didnt install the 356.62 from nvidia site fast enough, upon trying to install the drivers from nvidias site. it to failed, ran DDU and was able to install the drivers manual just fine

DDU worked fine on my end after a Upgrade and then again after a clean install.