Grand Theft Auto 5

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jul 27, 2015.

1. TonyTurbo

TonyTurbo Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 @ 1750/1180
    i don't get it, looks gash.

2. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    hi

I can't play GTAV anymore on my Win10, keeps on beeing stuck where they propose you to go thru safe mode or retry. It wont pass that.

I could play very well but as soon as Win10 got to build 10525 (now ~532) it isn't possible anymonger.

i'm stuck :( have any of you an idea or something to suggest ?

3. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Well i came to this thread today looking to see if this game is working 100% on windows 10 ,64 bit and by the looks of it,,, no it isn't ,, damm was going to buy this today as i have a spare week or two and looking for a new game to play in this time,

Is it working for some of you ? , is there any tweaks we can use to get it working ? .

4. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    I suppose you tried disabling sli to see if that will get you going , do the developers have anything in the works eg a windows 10 update/patch

I can get it a bit cheaper this weekend , but don't want to buy it only not to have it working

5. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    no, worked fine before yesterday, i've followed the recommandations of Rockstar, and yet not good.

As for you, i can tell you it is an awsome title ! i've finished it once and man o man is it funn

6. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Yer i believe it's a great game ,it's my daughter thats said, Dad you have to get this game on the PC ,she has it on the xbox thing , but the more i research different sources eg steam and rockstar the more i read about problems with windows 10 ,, im toying with the idea of slapping win 8.1 on a spare HD just for this game ..

I think i've read somewhere that as of this moment rockstar have said that they don't support win 10 with this game

7. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    go with that idea bearing in mind that you'll neeed to OC your card or go with lesser esthetics. id go for it def'

Yes morning it was just fun, now im left with the idea of it ..

just gotta boot under 8.1 that said! I ain't unlucky at the bottom

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  8. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Cheers ToyTen when it was working for you did you have any SLI issues ?

9. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    nothing serious

10. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    but this is a "pain" as Win 10 is far more efficient 3D wise

11. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Thanks again ToyTen im now going to get my copy of win 8.1 slapped onto a spare ssd i have laying around , i don't suppose you know if i would run into any activation issues with windows ,as the copy of 8.1 is the same copy as i upgraded from to win 10 ,,, it's all in the same PC and a OEM license ...

12. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    U might go into a routine procedure but i'd try that yep

13. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    So last night i removed my windows 10 install and reinstalled my 8.1 and after some hours of updating and installing drivers for various pieces of hardware and optimizing my windows install for a ssd i was done .

Today i went ahead and purchased GTA V from green man gaming and at this very minute it's downloading a 60.65gb of data .

I just hope that the game runs well and it's been worth all the hassle or my oldest daughter is going to get removed from the house and will have to live in the garden shed for a week or two,,lol,, as it was her that said "Dad u have to get it it's the best game ever" it's just not my usual type of game i tend to play , so as of later tonight i should be hopefully doing a few drug deals and robbing a banks , i may possibly check out the strip club and get me a lap dance ,if the wife isn't watching .

14. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Geesh, Rockstar never ever get it quite right do they?

This week end they are doing a double payout events, today was double RP and Cash for races and a nice 25% off all new bought cars. My intention to do a few races then finally buy the T20. The last time they did one of these double payout race weekends they got it just right, stable, fast, no issues with loading, no server issues it all just worked and it was great, so here was me hoping they would step up and manage the same again.....

....lol, I join without issue mess around for a few minutes waiting for my first quick join race to start, turns out that's a Rally race so quit out, mess around in free mode for a few minutes and then bam, everyone leaves my session and I am left by myself (not a new bug, wide spread, well documented and Rockstar have done f*ck all about it), so decide to quick join a race again only to be told that I can't I have to 'return to GTA online and try again later' (yeah this is a new bug, never happened before) try a couple of times again, try joining my crew mates in a new freeroam (i know they are online I am talking to them via chat), no joy, I try to quick join a race again, same result, I finally try for the last time and I get to waiting four minutes before I think 'I could be playing Mad Max' and give up and shut PS4 down, the PS4 decides not to shut down as normal and finally does with a double beep (some error code I believe.)

Head to Rockstar Newswire and find a guy posting about free boats and bikes so I opt to give that a wee try reboot PS4 and load GTA5 online (no issues despite the double beep shut down) find that the guy on Newswire is talking arse (no surprise there then) so opt to try another quick race, yeah it works I am finally in a race only to find that the race markers are totally messed up. The arrows appear but they have no yellow halo around them and boy does it make air races so much harder (yup another new bug). So quit try another race get to the character bet screen it fades to black and all I can here is explosions in the background, the sound that it makes when your character dies and instead of being put at the start of the race I am left looking at the character bet screen just with no characters, the game finally sticks me at the race start at 3 on the 5 second race counted down (yup another bug) and better yet the markers are still messed up.

I've said it before, this game is a mess, it's a machine held together by sticky tape, rubber bands a collection of loose nuts and bolts and few rusty gear wheels and once in a blue moon Rockstar add just enough spit to the machine to keep things going but all it takes is for one person to tug on one of those rubber bands and the whole thing just falls apart. Seriously I have never experienced a game with so many utterly random bugs that can occur at utterly random times, back in the day it was funny, finding these random bugs in single player but now, in multiplayer, it's just tedious. So much so that despite having enough to buy the T20 and despite it having a nice 25% discount I just sighed and thought f*ck it and turned my console off.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  15. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Wow nice story of your gta v online experience today ,, as of now i haven't tried any online gaming with gta ,but the single player story so far as i can tell hasn't had any such bugs i'm only at 7% , the game as it stands has shocked me to be honest in regards of the bad language and other things ,

now my daughter who played this on the xbox is just 18yrs old, but still i never took much notice of the game before or any other gta game as it isn't really my type of game ,if i had maybe i wouldn't of let her have this one or maybe there is a censored version i dont no.

What i do know is that there are many children in my extended family some just 12-13 years old and yet i know for a fact that there parents bought them this game for christmas just gone , i wonder if they are unaware as to how adult the content is , maybe ,maybe not .

I might try some online in a few more days once i get the hang of it abit more.

16. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Hey is there anyone still playing GTA online and is above level 50 (in order to unlock Lamar phone call for mugger)? I'm trying to do an achievement (killing a mugger another player sends on me), but all my friends quit playing and everybody ignores this feature in freemode with randoms... my name is Solfaur in both rockstar social club and steam, the help would be greatly appreciated, will take like 1 minute. :nerd:

17. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Yeah could help out tomorrow afternoon

18. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Has anyone been up that massive crane, thats in the middle of that scraper thats being built, it took me about 10 minutes or so to get to the bloody top, but what a fantastic view :D

19. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    no not yet , i'm still working in singleplayer, but last night i tried some online and found this to be great fun also ,, i joined in with a few people i've never meet and we did a heist altogether which was fun ,,,, .
    Im looking for online friends ,but im only rank 7 but i'm working on that , if anyone would like to add me please do so my social club name is WaR-UK

20. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Just been back up, and found a parachute right on the end of the boom, so i put it on, and launched myself off :D