27 dead in shooting at Conn. elementary school

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by PhazeDelta1, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Parabola

Parabola Guest

GPU:
    82945G Express Chipset
    Horrible.
    You need to sign in before you can see it.

His profile picture has been shared 10, 437 times. Thats a really bad form of publicity. :eek:

2. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Surprising how many here are having a hard time seeing that simply getting rid of a problem doesn't necessarily fix it, while at the same time opening up a whole lot of new ones.

Oh well... :infinity:

3. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    we must never ban firearms for the people! so, on top of the scumbag who did the killings, your gonna let them further do damage by stripping gun rights for people who just wanna defend themselves from these same nutbags. banning things is a bad idea it just empowers criminals who will still obtain the banned items anyway.

4. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Such a tragedy :( I know in the USA they are very concerned about gun laws, but they have it in the constitution the right to bear arms. I understand that and I don't really have an opinion on it because I can see both sides of the coin. Here in Australia, guns are banned and I think it's a good thing. I've never seen a real gun, except in a museum and I never want to see a real gun. This tragedy might have been stopped if he never had access to guns, however we don't know if this poor excuse for a human being might have made a bomb or chemical agent and done the same thing.

It's the fact that he had no hope and wanted to die anyway, and he see this as a way to in his eyes be 'heroic'. This is the underlying factor in these similar tragedies in that these 'inhuman's' don't enjoy anything, don't have hope, and they want to die anyway, being that they always kill themselves before facing the music... Even false hope that things can get better in their lives is a good thing but they don't even have that.

R.I.P to all the victims and my prayers and thought are with their families.

regards,
    RagDoll.

5. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    NomadAssasin <<

I agree with your premise.
    I find that the USA has very weak punishment for severe crimes, and over exaggerated punishment for minor crimes.

FYI, 1 in 18 men in the USA is either in jail or on parole. Look it up. It's crazy.
    And most are in jail for infractions that never hurt another person. Simply breaking the rules.
    Disproportionate mandatory sentencing can send you away for the rest of your life just for possessing a variety of drugs (each one is a new charge, with say, 10 years minimum... stack those up and you've run out of life span).

But if you murder someone, you get maybe 25 years + parole after half that time for good behavior.
    It's disrespectful to the lives of those that were killed. It cheapens them, and it insults them to say that their deaths were worth less than the breaking of arbitrary rules.

It would be appropriate if the killer could have been put to an agonizing end.
    However, the killer denied society that opportunity by killing himself.
    The person to be angry at is dead. There is no more to do.

1) There is a psychological check - in the sense that if you have any medical history of psychological problems, you will not pass background check, and will not be sold a weapon.

2) In the state in question, the legal age is 21. No one gave the 20 year old kid a gun.

-scheherazade

6. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    There is nothing mandatory (as of yet) that require mental history checks when purchasing firearms. But after what happened at VA Tech, some states are voluntarily submitting their records from mental health databases to NICS. And I may be wrong about this, but from what I have been told, those records only show up in that database if you have been declared mentally unfit by a court of law. Even then, there's folk bitching about privacy violations.

7. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    Any kind of involuntary commitment for a psychiatric illness and you have to go through a process to be able to legally own* guns again. Basically you have to go through a judge to get your right restored.

However, at least in my state if you voluntarily commit yourself that alone won't deprive you of your ability to posses guns, though it can lead to the process of doing so.

8. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    be depressed in USA, buy guns and shoot kids
    be depressed in Europe, eat sleeping pills or jump off a bridge

guess where i am glad i live? Hey Obama, how about a change in gun laws since you love to make change? have gun owners do a goddam psychological screening once a year and have a gun register (if you don't already have)
    You made TSA in airports to look at people's genitals to see if they are terrorists or not, that cost your gov so much money (i think Bush did it im not sure) but you cannot afford to check people whenever they are fked up or not in the head while walking on the street with 9 mms?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    RIP , such a tragedy.

sadly enough i can see this happening again next year.
    obama will promise to do something about it (just like the ones before him promised to do about it),. I think he wont be president anymore if he does.

10. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    And you'll get from media, politicians who are in the pockets of NRA? Weapon selling is a big business, so the nothing will likely change anyway..despite facts.

And as a European, let me say that USA doesn't even really have a left.

11. NomadAssassin

NomadAssassin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    I still think that the guns belong only to the police and the army.

12. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Why do you talk about guns and not the availability of mental health care?

13. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Please refrain from making this yet another thread about gun control. Stop it.

Now.

14. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Maybe you should just leave it, your last post was just gibberish. Perhaps leave the thread to heartfelt RIP's and messages.

15. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Thread cleaned. Infraction handed out. Keep it up, boys!

16. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    not to sound mean and harsh.....

but syfy cancled last night Haven episode because the shooting and I got Eureka christmas special instead...............

but I do feel bad for the kids.

and they should do mental test to make sure a person can have a gun.

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    ok, but even then, majority of people are not mentally ill so you could still have at least one gun in every household. it would still be too easy for those who want to kill to grab a gun and go on a rampage. At the end of the day, if someone wants to kill, he'll find a way to do it.

18. Eat it

Eat it Guest

GPU:
    A crap one
    Sh!t happens...

19. nikavelli

nikavelli Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti
    Welcome to the forums! Great second post!

20. Eat it

Eat it Guest

GPU:
    A crap one
    I can't feel symphony for matters of this nature anymore. I'm sure society played a part in his mental breakdown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.