[Download Live] Windows 10 TP - Build 9926

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Jan 23, 2015.

1. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Last I read it requires registry hacks. You shouldn't be forced to do that. You could do something similar for the old start menu in the dev preview of 8 and we know what happened next.

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Nope. Right-click on the taskbar. Go to Properties then click on the Navigation tab. The option should be there. At least it was in the last public build.

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    That hasn't been the case since the second preview build.

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    The option was there in the last public TP build. I checked it myself. I might have the tab wrong, but the option was there. I'm on my work laptop right now so I don't have access to Win10, but I can look again when I get home.

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    This is what it has been for a long while,

[​IMG]

Maybe it got shifted. Dunno.

I remember swapping between Menu and Screen in 9860 but it was gone after that. It can still be brought back via registry hacks but no charms bar so it's as good as useless.

6. Titan29

Titan29 Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 | 7900XTX
    I am unable to launch start menu (by pressing start button) after most recent updates to 9926. Also, notification center as well as taskbar search have stopped functioning.

Strange thing is even after rolling back to a restore point before the updates, the issue persists. Now the only way to launch applications is by using shortcuts on the desktop/taskbar (which I dont have many), or by running the exe from file explorer (which is a pain)

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    You're right. I had a prior build installed on my Linux box before I installed it on the system in my specs, which is currently non-functional. If MS doesn't reinstate such option, they'll be prying Win8.1 from my "cold dead hands"....

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Classic Shell has the option to skip the full screen start menu.. so there is that.

I don't think they will force everyone to a full screen start screen in the final build.

One of the features in 10 is it changes depending on if it's a tablet or an actual pc doesn't it?

I haven't tried 10 yet, I only know what I saw in the Microsoft reveal show thingie from a while ago xD

9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah well .. it's gone now. They have a button to "maximize" the start menu for tablets but frankly the start menu looks like a shrunken start screen in the current build .. not sure I like it. I'm back to using classic shell because I find it to be better for me.

10. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    is it usable as a daily driver?? I've just wiped my laptop with a failed console OS install, so might just put win10 on instead of going back to win8.1... i only use it at work for web, emails and office..... interested to see what MS has planned for the future

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I don't think it's stable enough to be your primary OS. A new build is expected soon, hopefully it will be good enough for that purpose till RTM.

12. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    ok, will whack 8 back on for the now and keep tabs on the updates as and when...

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
  14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU: