Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Videocards > Videocards - AMD Radeon Catalyst Drivers Section
Videocards - AMD Radeon Catalyst Drivers Section In this section you can discuss everything AMD Catalyst related. Catalyst drivers are for all AMD based graphics cards and APUs.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
  (#26)
Wagnard
Maha Guru
 
Wagnard's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI Geforce GTX 1080
Processor: I7 3770K
Mainboard: ASrock Z77 Extreme3
Memory: 16GB corsair DDR 3
Soundcard: Realtek
PSU: Corsair 1k Watt
Default 07-15-2013, 01:06 | posts: 2,389 | Location: ****l (Qc) , Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellon132 View Post
HydraVision to the files belonging to Hydravision...It's an AMD Package
The blink is due to the Un-installation of a Driver and the installation of another driver.
Ah ok Ill take care of it. Its true I didn't kill that package. I wasn't using it on my laptop so I forgot this thing existed.

Ill do this in the next days. My wife is looking at me with aggressive eyes... That means enough computer for today

Last edited by Wagnard; 07-15-2013 at 01:11.
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#27)
Krteq
Master Guru
 
Videocard: R9 290 Tri-X OC
Processor: Core i7 6700K @4,7 GHz WC
Mainboard: GIGABYTE Z170-D3H
Memory: 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz
Soundcard: Prodigy 7.1 HiFi + HD515
PSU: Seasonic 620W
Default 07-15-2013, 19:03 | posts: 319 | Location: Czech Republic

Wagnard, will your unninstaller do a cleaning of reg entries for hidden (old) devices in a device manager? Those entries causes lot of problems in some cases.

Last edited by Krteq; 07-15-2013 at 19:08.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#28)
dellon132
Maha Guru
 
Videocard: HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
Processor: Intel E2180 3.2Ghz
Mainboard: Asrock
Memory: 3GB DDR2
Soundcard:
PSU: 450 Watt Power Supply
Default 07-15-2013, 19:46 | posts: 1,898

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krteq View Post
Wagnard, will your unninstaller do a cleaning of reg entries for hidden (old) devices in a device manager? Those entries causes lot of problems in some cases.
Why not try it? The tool performs an uninstall in 30 secs to one minute.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#29)
Wagnard
Maha Guru
 
Wagnard's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI Geforce GTX 1080
Processor: I7 3770K
Mainboard: ASrock Z77 Extreme3
Memory: 16GB corsair DDR 3
Soundcard: Realtek
PSU: Corsair 1k Watt
Default 07-15-2013, 20:03 | posts: 2,389 | Location: ****l (Qc) , Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krteq View Post
Wagnard, will your unninstaller do a cleaning of reg entries for hidden (old) devices in a device manager? Those entries causes lot of problems in some cases.
Well it should remove stuff from earlier versions. I'm trying to catch them all.
Next thing to add is an important one that I've forgotten. (hydravision)
Thank delon for spotting this.

Can you give me an example of the hidden entry you talk about?

Also, the project is open so if some people know a little of VB.Net I'll be happy to add you to the project contributor.

Last edited by Wagnard; 07-15-2013 at 20:20.
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#30)
Wagnard
Maha Guru
 
Wagnard's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI Geforce GTX 1080
Processor: I7 3770K
Mainboard: ASrock Z77 Extreme3
Memory: 16GB corsair DDR 3
Soundcard: Realtek
PSU: Corsair 1k Watt
Default 07-16-2013, 01:54 | posts: 2,389 | Location: ****l (Qc) , Canada

V1.6.3 Released.

Big lines : more log, crash fix, Beginning to take care of hydraVision


ps. For HydraVision , I expect some windows process that may hold some files.
If so, tell me what are they. I have some here that I know but want to confirm if it always the same for everyone.
Waiting feedback.

Last edited by Wagnard; 07-16-2013 at 02:00.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#31)
dellon132
Maha Guru
 
Videocard: HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
Processor: Intel E2180 3.2Ghz
Mainboard: Asrock
Memory: 3GB DDR2
Soundcard:
PSU: 450 Watt Power Supply
Default 07-16-2013, 02:21 | posts: 1,898

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagnard View Post
V1.6.3 Released.

Big lines : more log, crash fix, Beginning to take care of hydraVision


ps. For HydraVision , I expect some windows process that may hold some files.
If so, tell me what are they. I have some here that I know but want to confirm if it always the same for everyone.
Waiting feedback.
Before using the uninstall tool the installation of packages always finish without a problem. But now it displays a yellow exclamation mark. Unfortunately AMD Installer never mentioned what caused the problem.
There I decided to check the Windows log and found the following error below.

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\ATI\CIM\Bin64\SetACL64.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="amd64",p ublicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",vers ion="8.0.50608.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Also this is another fresh OS install previously I used Windows 8 which also had the yellow exclamation mark. Now I'm on Windows 7.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#32)
Wagnard
Maha Guru
 
Wagnard's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI Geforce GTX 1080
Processor: I7 3770K
Mainboard: ASrock Z77 Extreme3
Memory: 16GB corsair DDR 3
Soundcard: Realtek
PSU: Corsair 1k Watt
Default 07-16-2013, 02:43 | posts: 2,389 | Location: ****l (Qc) , Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellon132 View Post
Before using the uninstall tool the installation of packages always finish without a problem. But now it displays a yellow exclamation mark. Unfortunately AMD Installer never mentioned what caused the problem.
There I decided to check the Windows log and found the following error below.

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\ATI\CIM\Bin64\SetACL64.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="amd64",p ublicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",vers ion="8.0.50608.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Also this is another fresh OS install previously I used Windows 8 which also had the yellow exclamation mark. Now I'm on Windows 7.
Thanks a lot ! this was bugging be. I couldn't find why the Catalyst installation was giving a Warning. Even so everything work but it was anoying.
Now I have more details.

I know its something with the CIM that I don't clean correctly.
Thanks. I hope it will be enough to find the exact cause and fixed it.
Like I said tho, it seem everything work without a problem as it is considered a warning.


EDIT: Under what Tab in the event log you found this? (Application, security ,setup or system? )

Last edited by Wagnard; 07-16-2013 at 02:46.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#33)
dellon132
Maha Guru
 
Videocard: HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
Processor: Intel E2180 3.2Ghz
Mainboard: Asrock
Memory: 3GB DDR2
Soundcard:
PSU: 450 Watt Power Supply
Default 07-16-2013, 02:48 | posts: 1,898

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagnard View Post
Thanks a lot ! this was bugging be. I couldn't find why the Catalyst installation was giving a Warning. Even so everything work but it was anoying.
Now I have more details.

I know its something with the CIM that I don't clean correctly.
Thanks. I hope it will be enough to find the exact cause and fixed it.
Like I said tho, it seem everything work without a problem as it is considered a warning.


EDIT: Under what Tab in the event log you found this? (Application, security ,setup or system? )
I found it under application, After installing the driver.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#34)
Wagnard
Maha Guru
 
Wagnard's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI Geforce GTX 1080
Processor: I7 3770K
Mainboard: ASrock Z77 Extreme3
Memory: 16GB corsair DDR 3
Soundcard: Realtek
PSU: Corsair 1k Watt
Default 07-16-2013, 02:58 | posts: 2,389 | Location: ****l (Qc) , Canada

Just in case it bug you before I fix this, you simply have to install the driver with the catalyst installer, than uninstall it from add/remove program. After that reinstall it and you will be green.

Its something I probably forgot to remove when removing the catalyst installer.

Btw on my side I could not generated that particular error on the eventlog. It could be a generic error from amd/ccc . it happens sometimes even when everything runs well, but im still investigating.

Last edited by Wagnard; 07-16-2013 at 03:02.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#35)
dellon132
Maha Guru
 
Videocard: HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
Processor: Intel E2180 3.2Ghz
Mainboard: Asrock
Memory: 3GB DDR2
Soundcard:
PSU: 450 Watt Power Supply
Default 07-16-2013, 03:10 | posts: 1,898

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagnard View Post
Just in case it bug you before I fix this, you simply have to install the driver with the catalyst installer, than uninstall it from add/remove program. After that reinstall it and you will be green.

Its something I probably forgot to remove when removing the catalyst installer.

Btw on my side I could not generated that particular error on the eventlog. It could be a generic error from amd/ccc . it happens sometimes even when everything runs well, but im still investigating.
This method worked well when I was on Windows 8, however on Windows 7 the yellow exclamation mark just sits there. So an uninstall through Device manager and the AMD Catalyst Default Uninstaller does not resolve the problem. This bug also appears when uninstalling through Add and Remove.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#36)
Wagnard
Maha Guru
 
Wagnard's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI Geforce GTX 1080
Processor: I7 3770K
Mainboard: ASrock Z77 Extreme3
Memory: 16GB corsair DDR 3
Soundcard: Realtek
PSU: Corsair 1k Watt
Default 07-16-2013, 03:12 | posts: 2,389 | Location: ****l (Qc) , Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellon132 View Post
This method worked well when I was on Windows 8, however on Windows 7 the yellow exclamation mark just sits there. So an uninstall through Device manager and the AMD Catalyst Default Uninstaller does not resolve the problem. This bug also appears when uninstalling through Add and Remove.
For the yellow mark, just to be sure, its on the Catalyst installer you see it. Not on Device manager?


If its on the catalyst manager. It happened to me that it wouldnt go away and it was because I use my uninstaller with 2 different driver and had to reinstall each driver with AMD catalyst and uninstall each of them with catalyst install manager.
This included removing the Catalyst install manager too.

Anyway gona check this a lot more wednesday as im Off that day. SO ill have full time to work on this.
Thanks for your feedback.

Last edited by Wagnard; 07-16-2013 at 03:21.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#37)
dellon132
Maha Guru
 
Videocard: HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
Processor: Intel E2180 3.2Ghz
Mainboard: Asrock
Memory: 3GB DDR2
Soundcard:
PSU: 450 Watt Power Supply
Default 07-16-2013, 03:36 | posts: 1,898

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagnard View Post
For the yellow mark, just to be sure, its on the Catalyst installer you see it. Not on Device manager?


If its on the catalyst manager. It happened to me that it wouldnt go away and it was because I use my uninstaller with 2 different driver and had to reinstall each driver with AMD catalyst and uninstall each of them with catalyst install manager.
This included removing the Catalyst install manager too.

Anyway gona check this a lot more wednesday as im Off that day. SO ill have full time to work on this.
Thanks for your feedback.
No problem.....The bug only appears in Catalyst Installer/Uninstaller.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#38)
Wagnard
Maha Guru
 
Wagnard's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI Geforce GTX 1080
Processor: I7 3770K
Mainboard: ASrock Z77 Extreme3
Memory: 16GB corsair DDR 3
Soundcard: Realtek
PSU: Corsair 1k Watt
Default 07-17-2013, 17:24 | posts: 2,389 | Location: ****l (Qc) , Canada

1.6.4 Released.

-Fixed a possible hang when uninstalling the driver from the driver store. (affect both AMD / Nvidia)

+more stuff you can read from the SVN on google code.

As for the yellow mark on Catalyst installer , im still researching the cause. I did found ther regkeys to delete about CIM. Those key get cleanUP in 1.6.4 too.

I've open a support Ticket with AMD to have more info on those warnings that doesnt show on the CIM normal log.
Lets hope I get something back...
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#39)
Wagnard
Maha Guru
 
Wagnard's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI Geforce GTX 1080
Processor: I7 3770K
Mainboard: ASrock Z77 Extreme3
Memory: 16GB corsair DDR 3
Soundcard: Realtek
PSU: Corsair 1k Watt
Default 07-17-2013, 19:41 | posts: 2,389 | Location: ****l (Qc) , Canada

OMG after DAYS of searching, tracing, etc... I think I finally found the cause of the Yellow mark and i'll be able to fix it !

PS : even driver sweeper doesnt fix it ;D Im superior !

Sorry for the ego ;p

Ill release a new version when im 100% sure its fixed.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#40)
Wagnard
Maha Guru
 
Wagnard's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI Geforce GTX 1080
Processor: I7 3770K
Mainboard: ASrock Z77 Extreme3
Memory: 16GB corsair DDR 3
Soundcard: Realtek
PSU: Corsair 1k Watt
Default 07-17-2013, 20:17 | posts: 2,389 | Location: ****l (Qc) , Canada

Release V2.0

Fixed the AMD Catalyst installer Yellow mark.
This fix has the potential to fix the same problem with people that didn't even used a cleaner before and are experiencing this yellow mark.

p.s Driver Sweeper does not fix it but I do

First post link updated

Last edited by Wagnard; 07-17-2013 at 22:37.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#41)
dellon132
Maha Guru
 
Videocard: HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
Processor: Intel E2180 3.2Ghz
Mainboard: Asrock
Memory: 3GB DDR2
Soundcard:
PSU: 450 Watt Power Supply
Default 07-18-2013, 03:26 | posts: 1,898

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagnard View Post
Release V2.0

Fixed the AMD Catalyst installer Yellow mark.
This fix has the potential to fix the same problem with people that didn't even used a cleaner before and are experiencing this yellow mark.

p.s Driver Sweeper does not fix it but I do

First post link updated
First Uninstall
The Yellow exclamation mark still exist when re-installing the driver packages. Though I did notice the ATI Technologies folder no longer remains due to the HydraVision package. However, the OpenCL and Steady Video package still remains after using the cleaner. Sorry if I did not mention this previously.

Second Uninstall (will edit soon)
List of package resulting in the yellow exclamation mark.
AMD Steady Video
OpenCL
Hydra Vision
Avivo Package

Last edited by dellon132; 07-18-2013 at 03:55.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#42)
Wagnard
Maha Guru
 
Wagnard's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI Geforce GTX 1080
Processor: I7 3770K
Mainboard: ASrock Z77 Extreme3
Memory: 16GB corsair DDR 3
Soundcard: Realtek
PSU: Corsair 1k Watt
Default 07-18-2013, 03:38 | posts: 2,389 | Location: ****l (Qc) , Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellon132 View Post
First Uninstall
The Yellow exclamation mark still exist when re-installing the driver packages. Though I did notice the ATI Technologies folder no longer remains due to the HydraVision package. However, the OpenCL and Steady Video package still remains after using the cleaner. Sorry if I did not mention this previously.

Second Uninstall (will edit soon)
I didnt start cleaning Steady Video yet. I mostly worked the exclamation mark.

You probably still have the yellow mark because you seem to use all the package and there are some I dont clean yet.

on my side it was fixed on a mobile computer. Maybe there are less package...

What is the Cataslyst driver that you use so I can test on my side. Mine doesnt seem to have the Steady Video Package. I use the 13.6 beta 2

What do you see Unclean of the OpenCL except the files in windows directory?

Last edited by Wagnard; 07-18-2013 at 03:44.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#43)
dellon132
Maha Guru
 
Videocard: HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
Processor: Intel E2180 3.2Ghz
Mainboard: Asrock
Memory: 3GB DDR2
Soundcard:
PSU: 450 Watt Power Supply
Default 07-18-2013, 03:53 | posts: 1,898

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagnard View Post
I didnt start cleaning Steady Video yet. I mostly worked the exclamation mark.

You probably still have the yellow mark because you seem to use all the package and there are some I dont clean yet.

on my side it was fixed on a mobile computer. Maybe there are less package...

What is the Cataslyst driver that you use so I can test on my side. Mine doesnt seem to have the Steady Video Package. I use the 13.6 beta 2

What do you see Unclean of the OpenCL except the files in windows directory?
I use the 12.11 Modded Legacy Driver. Yes I use all packages. I found the Dispay driver, HDMI driver and Catalyst Control Center to install correctly without displaying the yellow exclamation mark.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#44)
Wagnard
Maha Guru
 
Wagnard's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI Geforce GTX 1080
Processor: I7 3770K
Mainboard: ASrock Z77 Extreme3
Memory: 16GB corsair DDR 3
Soundcard: Realtek
PSU: Corsair 1k Watt
Default 07-18-2013, 03:58 | posts: 2,389 | Location: ****l (Qc) , Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellon132 View Post
I use the 12.11 Modded Legacy Driver. Yes I use all packages. I found the Dispay driver, HDMI driver and Catalyst Control Center to install correctly without displaying the yellow exclamation mark.
That's what I thought. It just because I don't clean the others package that you see the warning. Once ill clean them , it will all be green.

Can I ask you to dump me a certain part of your registry?
it will help a lot to speed thing up for this cleaning.

this is the dump I need:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products
simply export and upload me the file. you can PM me a link of it in private if you dont want to publish it public.

ill fix this tommorow. its 11pm here.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#45)
dellon132
Maha Guru
 
Videocard: HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
Processor: Intel E2180 3.2Ghz
Mainboard: Asrock
Memory: 3GB DDR2
Soundcard:
PSU: 450 Watt Power Supply
Default 07-18-2013, 10:52 | posts: 1,898

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagnard View Post
That's what I thought. It just because I don't clean the others package that you see the warning. Once ill clean them , it will all be green.

Can I ask you to dump me a certain part of your registry?
it will help a lot to speed thing up for this cleaning.

this is the dump I need:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products
simply export and upload me the file. you can PM me a link of it in private if you dont want to publish it public.

ill fix this tommorow. its 11pm here.
Ok, I will PM a link to the file later today.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#46)
Wagnard
Maha Guru
 
Wagnard's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI Geforce GTX 1080
Processor: I7 3770K
Mainboard: ASrock Z77 Extreme3
Memory: 16GB corsair DDR 3
Soundcard: Realtek
PSU: Corsair 1k Watt
Default 07-18-2013, 13:40 | posts: 2,389 | Location: ****l (Qc) , Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellon132 View Post
Ok, I will PM a link to the file later today.
Thanks a lot ! It was quite usefull.

Im uploading V2.1 lets hope all will be green this time.

There could be file / directory that wont cleanup because of process that could hold them. If it happens, tell me what they are so I can kill them. Since I dont install all package on my systems, I dont really know what they are.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#47)
dellon132
Maha Guru
 
Videocard: HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
Processor: Intel E2180 3.2Ghz
Mainboard: Asrock
Memory: 3GB DDR2
Soundcard:
PSU: 450 Watt Power Supply
Default 07-18-2013, 14:30 | posts: 1,898

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagnard View Post
Thanks a lot ! It was quite usefull.

Im uploading V2.1 lets hope all will be green this time.

There could be file / directory that wont cleanup because of process that could hold them. If it happens, tell me what they are so I can kill them. Since I dont install all package on my systems, I dont really know what they are.
I did not notice any running processes, however the Yellow Exclamation still exist, but only a few packages. Steady Video, Avivo, WMVDecoder64
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#48)
Wagnard
Maha Guru
 
Wagnard's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI Geforce GTX 1080
Processor: I7 3770K
Mainboard: ASrock Z77 Extreme3
Memory: 16GB corsair DDR 3
Soundcard: Realtek
PSU: Corsair 1k Watt
Default 07-18-2013, 14:38 | posts: 2,389 | Location: ****l (Qc) , Canada

You're saying that the yellow exclamation is for those 3 packages only?

Last edited by Wagnard; 07-18-2013 at 14:48.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#49)
dellon132
Maha Guru
 
Videocard: HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
Processor: Intel E2180 3.2Ghz
Mainboard: Asrock
Memory: 3GB DDR2
Soundcard:
PSU: 450 Watt Power Supply
Default 07-18-2013, 14:47 | posts: 1,898

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagnard View Post
You're saying that the yellow exclamation is for those 3 packages only?
yes...
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#50)
Wagnard
Maha Guru
 
Wagnard's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI Geforce GTX 1080
Processor: I7 3770K
Mainboard: ASrock Z77 Extreme3
Memory: 16GB corsair DDR 3
Soundcard: Realtek
PSU: Corsair 1k Watt
Default 07-18-2013, 14:49 | posts: 2,389 | Location: ****l (Qc) , Canada

Thanks.
I have downloaded the driver you used and will debug with that one so I wont have to ask you a zillion of questions.

Will return with an update when all is green.
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright (c) 1995-2014, All Rights Reserved. The Guru of 3D, the Hardware Guru, and 3D Guru are trademarks owned by Hilbert Hagedoorn.