RAID 0 help.. Cant shutdown or restart normaly AM4 Ryzen

Discussion in 'SSD and HDD storage' started by Warcrysis, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Warcrysis

Warcrysis Member

GPU:
    Radeon 6900xt
    Alright so I need a little bit of help. I purchased a asrock killer sli/ac and the R7 1700. I have two sandisk 240GB SSD's in Raid 0.

My issue is I can not shutdown or barely restart but sometimes it does restart. I can how ever Shift and restart or shutdown fine. what I get is my screens turn off bun my computer never does. the fans just spin for ever, rgb lights stay on. I have to hold the power button to shut it down. I think I have tracked it down to windows not being able to access the power controller properly and I think it may have something to with my array/disk/volume...

Please help.. here is more helpful information.

SOOOOO... I tore down my AM3+ rig and built up my AM4 rig. turned it on and transferred the raid drivers to my windows USB and launched the bootable windows usb install. but the install even after raid drivers where installed could not use the two SSD's. I could make a new partition but it was like 70 mb. so I launch command prompt. entered diskpart, listed my disk's, deleted both volumes and all. then created a new volume, I believe it was just a simple volume. as that one made the most sense to me.

windows boot manager is set as primary boot device and windows loads just fine in RAID 0 on my 240GB SSD's the issue is not being able to shutdown or restart properly.

I read online I may have to make it a bootable volume to grand access to power control idk. how do I fix what I got going on here.

other then the shutdown restart issue my ryzen setup is kickin some A$$! I just need my water cooler bracket to show up to test some OCin. and of course wait for more stable bios.

Please help cause im about to start from scratch. and I hate having to do that.

2. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    could be related to power/sleep-states.

you running w10? can you try disabling fastboot in bios and any w10 hybrid shutdown functionality?

try than and tell us if it helped.

3. Forkinator

Forkinator Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Classified
    Is CSM Enabled in Bios?

4. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070