Cases with Kraken x60--And Purple LEDs?

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by dragunov1010, Sep 14, 2013.

1. dragunov1010

dragunov1010 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    Hey guys, i've decided I wanted to go for watercooling and the Kraken x60 looks like the thing that meets my expectations. Do you guys know about any good mid (or full, possibly) tower cases that-
    A. Have a moderately large window
    B. Can fit a 280mm Radiator, let alone a Kraken
    C. Has a fan controller/fanhub (Optional, but extremely nice to have)

Aside, I also wanted to ask- Where can I find good purple LEDs? Any brand suggestions? I'm looking for strips generally, a more of a UV Purple/blue color. It'd go perfectly with my mod that I have planned. Preferrably 12 inch, but anything will do. I'll continue searching if nothing else.

Thanks<3

2. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Nice choice on the Kraken X60, looks like its got some nice reviews.

Case wise I don't know what your budget is (or local currency) but I'll start by throwing some ideas your way. Unfortunately though these all support 240 Radiators but I'm not too sure if, with a bit of thinking you could get a Kraken to fit there.

Bitfenix Ronin Tower Case

Corsair Vengeance C70

CM 690 II Advanced (USB 3.0 version)

Might be worth seeing if some owners of these cases could enlighten you to the actual space available on the top dual 140 fan slots.

3. weasel

weasel Guest

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    No i had a cm 690 advanced 2 the kraken X60 is listed on the page that it fits but it doesn't.Its a pretty good watercooler but not like my custom loops in the past but nevertheless good product.I had an old chieftec bigtower laying around and modded the hell out of it to fit the kraken x60 radiator on top etc.I think on the nzxt site there is a compability list for the x60 but i can assure you it won't fit in the cm 690.

ps NZXT Switch 810 is a nice looking case but i don't know how the build quality is of NZXT cases

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  4. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Well that's one down :p

I'll be honest I'd be surprised if there was a midi tower that supported a 280 radiator in it as standard, a full tower I'm sure there would be one some where.

5. weasel

weasel Guest

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    Well it is possible to mount the rad on the cm 690 advanced 2 if you drill some holes extra but the 2x140mm fans are impossible to mount beneath the cm 690 advanced 2's topcover

ps NZXT Switch 810 is a nice case :)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  6. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Now that NZXT Switch is a very good looking case, I should probably look at NZXT cases a bit more now as if I remember when I first saw them they were all... meh with LED's and styling for a 14 year old but they seem to make some nice ones now.

7. weasel

weasel Guest

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    Yeah never had a NZXT case myself so i don't know how their build quality is but yes they look very nice :)

8. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Never mind the Kraken,take a serious look at the Swiftech H220 and the Corsair Air 540 case. I have that in my Corsair Air 540 with a 4930K at 4.5ghz. and temps never get to 58c. And what I really like about it is, it's SILENT. I can't hear anything from that case. No cooler fan or pump noise at all. None! No case fan or Video card fan noise either. It's like my rig runs at idle all the time. The price for the case and cooler are pretty good too. Something to consider. In my opinion.

9. weasel

weasel Guest

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    The kraken X60 is silent to but not with the standart fans.