Help

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by v3c7r0n, Dec 4, 2003.

1. v3c7r0n

v3c7r0n Guest

ok. i bought a pair of x-force 3d glasses off ebay. i hook them up and everything, install their drivers, the latest nvidia drivers, etc. but when i try to use the googles, the screen double prints vertically and i have no idea what to do. my monitor's refresh rate is only 60hz by default, and if i get it up to 85 hz, when i "activate" the glasses (hit the little button twice like it says to) the screen just blacks out. what do i do?

2. I bought the same glasses. Are they actually "Another Eye 2000" glasses made by some Korean company or something?

There are like 3 modes with the first button, the second button flips which eye is dominant I think..

When I'm on the first mode, everything looks 3d (kinda) but it flickers a LOT so that I can't bear to look at it.
    When I'm on the second mode, everything is like the first but a little dimmer.
    On the 3rd mode the screen blacks out then comes back but eveyrthing is all jumbled/ghosted/overlaying/the top of the screen is coming through the bottom (like yours I guess)..

I don't know how to get them to work. Is the 3rd mode the one I want but its jacked up? Or is that something else? How do I get rid of the flickering?

Gonna try redoing everything...

How do I get it to work with Counterstrike or Horizons (new game)?

3. v3c7r0n

v3c7r0n Guest

yea those the ones i have. i havent figured out the modes yet, all i know is 1 almost worked, 2 just screwed up, and 3 didnt do jack.

4. hey you know how its "flickering" on mode 1? well that is actually working.. you get used to it somehow and the flicker goes away. that's how it gets the 3d effect..

I've been running through Horizons (beta) for the last 2 or 3 hours just looking around with them on and it is AWESOME once you get used to it enough to put it on like 60+ seperation.

it's like really being inside the world.

Oh pressed the second button 2x to alternate between eyes, whichever is dominant, that mode will look clearer.

5. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Use the first button, but have the refresh rate as high as possible.

6. v3c7r0n

v3c7r0n Guest

i think that may be part of my problem...the only thing that isnt high end on my pc is my monitor. it wont break an 85hz refresh rate...so i guess im buying my an early x-mas present...

7. v3c7r0n

v3c7r0n Guest

ok, now i have a question tho. i got them to work i think, but nothing actually looks 3d. (example: the UT2k3 intro with the nvidia logo looks 3d, but the game itself doesnt, infact its just blurry as hell and i cant SEE anything...also the stat bar with your health and everything cant be seen with the glasses because its still nromal on the monitor) have you noticed this?

8. Try pressing the buttons. One will switch betwen eyes allowing for whichever is dominant to take over. If you have it on the wrong eye it will looked all jacked. Once you get the right setting (1) and the right eye, there will still be flickering dispite having the right refresh settings and what not. Your eyes/brain have to get used to it to see what its trying to show you. Eventually it doesn't flicker anymore.

9. v3c7r0n

v3c7r0n Guest

i tried the button idea, and it doesnt really work. and i can tell it definetly doesnt look right. the image doesnt even look 3d past the intro...i dont get it