please help! low-level system tweaks window missing in RT 2.11

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by kmd1970, Oct 28, 2008.

1. kmd1970

kmd1970 New Member

GPU:
    xfx 285 gtx
    I had a evga 9800gt with rivatuner 2.11 and nvidia drivers 178.13, Rivatuner worked fine and the low-level system tweaks window was enabled.

I used the evga step up program and got a 9800 gtx+. Now I dont have the low-level system tweaks window or the fan duty cycle monitoring in rivatuner.

did i get a bad card? can anyone help?

(I searched the forums but didnt find any answers)

2. kmd1970

kmd1970 New Member

GPU:
    xfx 285 gtx
    So i think i finally found the answer? = My 9800 GT had a fan controller but my more expensive 9800 GTX+ doesnt so that low-level tab isnt there?

I read through the forums and also the rivatuner faq: Is a temperature based fan PWM controller the same as an ADT7473 controller?

Is it better to use driver level fan controls or low level fan controls?

With my 9800gt I liked how the low-level auto fan settings would increase and decrease my fan speed during games and at idle. how can I do this using driver level on my 9800gtx+?

someone please educate me.

3. MasterNick

MasterNick New Member

GPU:
    XFX 9600GTX+ Black Edi.
    Same problem here.... i dont get the low level fan control with my XFX 9800GTX+ Black Edition.

Is there something i can do or is it the problem with the wrong fan controller ?

I can change the RPM by direct.... but thats not really the way ^^

Please anyone :)

4. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    The difference, under my knowledge, there is no difference, altho low-level fan settings can be overriden by driver or auto-fan-control internals on the gpu. And of course driver level fan control only works when inside the SO i suposse xD

Also idk if every gpu has low level fan control, just wait till rivatuner 2.20 or use evga precision tool 1.3.3 for 180.xx driver control xP

5. MasterNick

MasterNick New Member

GPU:
    XFX 9600GTX+ Black Edi.
    Is there a way to set tehe minimum rpm lower without flashing the bios of the card?

Something like changing in EVGAs precision something or so ?

6. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Is search that difficult?

7. MasterNick

MasterNick New Member

GPU:
    XFX 9600GTX+ Black Edi.
    mh 196€ istn cheap i think ^^ but thanx anyway