screensavers list

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by biosylum, Oct 21, 2003.

1. biosylum

biosylum Guest

Another thread open to comments on good/bad screensavers that allow 3D glasses to work. Please post links:)-Bios

2. biosylum

biosylum Guest

Some good ones

These guys have a handful that work well with 3D. My favorite is the Nautilus. Someone mentioned that diligent P2P searchers can find keycodes for these babies, but I haven't yet. Here isw a rundown of what I think of some of their screeners:

Halloween- 3 stars (major ghosting, but looks cool)
    Ancient Castle - 4 stars (looks great, great 3D, maybe the full version would be 5 stars)
    Nautilus- 5 stars (worth paying for perhaps)
    The One Ring- 5 Stars baby!!! With exclamation points! This is a must have screensaver for showing off your 3D glasses!!!

The other probably look cool too -Bios

linky

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2003
  3. biosylum

biosylum Guest

Another site

Check out these ones too!! But heed this warning...they include some damn IE toolbar with the installation. I hate that, but I imagine it is easily removed too! The liquid desktop is worth the hassle though.

linky

The liquid desktop scr is mucho fun to play with! 4 Stars!

As is the desktop destroyer! 4 Stars!

The picture cube does work, but just not that well - 3 Stars

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2003
  4. biosylum

biosylum Guest

yet another

linky

Ahh heck, I guess I'm done rating these things for now, but this site has a couple cool ones too.... plus some kind of 3D screensaver engine. Check em out- Bios

5. biosylum

biosylum Guest

must have screeny

I have gotten all of the previous links through scanning the screensaver offerings over at megagames.com

here is a link to one they host, but it would be easier to just go to their site and look around. This lorenz attractor is a really nice 3D screensaver. It really extends outside of your monitor.

ftp://ftp.megagames.com/pub/screensavers/lorenz.zip

6. biosylum

biosylum Guest

a couple more

This site has at least one interesting screeny that works in 3D, and a few that don't (but look nice).

http://www.digimindsoft.com/

The electric calm works, and the ocean storm looks cool (but is not 3D).

7. biosylum

biosylum Guest

interesting

This site has an interesting saver. You download it, then inside the settings for this screeny, you can download more options. Their site has a few savers, and so far, they all work in 3D. I have not tested them all though, so your mileage may vary-Bios

http://www.alteredworlds.com/

Some of the scr's are actually games, and there is a 30 day limit on this one.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2003
  8. biosylum

biosylum Guest

somebody help me!!!

Ok, this site seems to have dozens of possibly good 3D screenies, but I dont have time to test them all out. Somebody want to check a few out, and report back???

http://www.gizmozone.com

(p.s. the Christmas in the City does not work in 3D...avoid)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2003
  9. biosylum

biosylum Guest