OpenGL - Force Dedicated Graphics Card

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by iskyfire, Mar 23, 2014.

1. iskyfire

iskyfire Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6520G/AMD 6650M
    Hello, I've just installed the Catalyst 13.12 WHQL Mobility Drivers on my laptop, and I am enjoying a fantastic boost in framerate and stability! However, the CCC doesn't seem to provide me with control over which application uses which GPU. I have an APU and a dedicated card. Using MSI Afterburner/HWiNFO, I've been able to determine that any game that uses OpenGL will only run on the integrated graphics card. DirectX games will utilize the dedicated GPU or even both cards in crossfire.

My question is: Is it possible to force Catalyst to use my dedicated graphics card for OpenGL applcations?

2. dampflokfreund

dampflokfreund Master Guru

GPU:
    8600/8700M Series
    Strange, I had a Llano laptop (AMD A6+6470M) but the only applications that used the dedicated GPU were OpenGL programs and OpenCL, no DX.

3. xacid0

xacid0 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AMP! Omega
    Try install LeekM or Leshcat driver.

4. iskyfire

iskyfire Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6520G/AMD 6650M
    @xacid0: Ah, I didn't know about custom built drivers.

It looks like some users report the LeekM not having CCC, so I'll try to install that from the official set of drivers.
    Users are reporting better automatic application detection!
    I'll try the "AMD Catalyst 14.2 Mobility (Revision 13.351) Switchable Graphics modded Driver" posted here by LeekM on 03-09-2014.
    Will report back!