Monolith's Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    First weapon legend mission done. Sword. 200 hit streak. Bonus completed.

That was **** loads of fun.

2. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Just finished that as well.

People aren't giving credit where credit is due, the game sure has a lot of enemies on screen at a time and a lot of effects and still runs butter smooth.

I have to wonder if the PC version has more enemies on screen than the console version because I can't imagine the console CPUs doing what I saw in that battle.

3. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Was actually struggling to do one of them which involved clearing out a cave of ghouls but fortunately for me a Captain I'd be after for some time somehow wandered into the fray mid fight and ended up getting into it with the larger ghoul which I was struggling to kill upon previous attempts. I let them both go at it as he screamed I HATE GHOULS! for a while until both were low enough health for me to take advantage then made my move killing both and completing the mission.

Throwing knives are proving so very handy.

4. MonarchX

MonarchX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 @ 1480Mhz GPU
    I suck at this game... I tried both mouse and controller and I think I am better with the mouse simply because the polling rate it uses is 1000Hz, while my Xbox 360 wired controller uses the default 250Hz. However, it is more likely that I just SUCK and I am trying to find excuses for it. I beat the original Batman Arkham game, but I sucked at the ones after it. No idea why... The first Warlord was so easy, but one of the lower rank ones killed me 6 times in a row and is not stronger than ever. There is only one difficulty level, isn't there?

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I tried controller too since I like playing with it but aiming with the bow is freakin' hard so I swapped to keyboard and mouse which is easier. Though the mapping needed some rework (i'm used to AC4 controls since this game reminds me of AC4). How long have you played? They say early game is harder since your character has no special moves whatsoever. So if you got 6-7 orcs on your ass you are in big trouble most of the time :)

I also managed to beat the first Batman game but have not yet completed the next one. I'm not good at making combos and special moves :)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  6. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Meet my new nemesis...

[​IMG]

7. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    [​IMG]

Heres my latest nightmare. This guy somehow got to power 20. While everyone else, Even the 4 warchiefs mission early on in the game were only power 10 ish when he was lvl20.

Cannot hop over/stun him as he has a shield, he regens very quickly, has a gang, cannot do enough dmg on him with finishers as he regens instantly. Do not have enough arrows to even get him below 90%. He 1 shots beasts. I can shoot him in the leg to freeze him in place. thats about it.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  8. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    I just killed my nemesis, it was bittersweet because he pissed me off so much with my many deaths. He was one of those 'immune to arrows, can't jump his shield' type of guys.

I also stupidly just figured out the execution system. I would always do it whne I got the on screen prompt, but I didn't realise that the prompt doesn't always show and that you can do it every 8 hits, with I had known that sooner but lot's of things like that aren't explained in game properly.

9. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    Add me dude. "jimhash" on steam. Everyone else on here too plz :) we should all get a load of vendetta missions hehe and you can try to kill the ****er im stuck on "for the time being" :D

How do we know who is our nemesis? Im pretty sure I beheaded mine very early on in the game. Do we get another?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  10. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Managed my first successful Death Threat and unlocked Iron of Death achievement.

11. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Have not read the rest of the thread, but could anyone give a quick comment.. how does this game run on SLI? Does it scale well?

12. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Not sure about sli but on my card I get 60 frames minimum all maxed with the res at 1080p ( no downsampling ).

You should get close to it on your card too.

13. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Cool Thanks. :)

14. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    The game also uses all 4gb of vram so even if you have a performance overhead in sli, you won't have enough vram for downsampling.

So essentially you won't see much benfit from sli unless you are gaming at 120 frames ( but the game is hard capped at 100 ). It's capped at 100 in game and uncapped in the bench, weird.

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/241930/announcements/detail/207488873133727113

16. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    That is pretty weird..

I'll be gaming at 100hz, so the cap is fine by me.

Also nice to see that the SLI profile is on the way /\

17. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    I hear this patch they released today has actually made stability worse? Just about to test myself as I "think" I solved the black screen crash I was getting by messing about with Vsync options in the game and control panel. Im pretty sure I was stable yesterday, hours of game time, LOTS of tabbing out, No crash. Got a horrible feeling im about to witness it within 15 mins of gameplay soon.

18. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Have had no issues after the patch myself as of yet, same as it was before.

19. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    Just been playing the game, 3 black screens in the past 30 mins. After i thought I had everything fixed ysterday with whatever combo of vync options I had on in control panel/ingame.

Such a shame as this game is very enjoyable!

20. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    The more I play the game the more I love it.

You can tell they put a lot of thought into synergies between abilities and between abilities and runes.

There is a wraith burn ability that kills all enemies that are stunned or knocked down by wraith blast. Once you have the abilitiy that gives you 2 finishing moves per kill streak block you can use the blast and then the burn in the same turn which would obviously kill a tonne of guys at a time.

Factor in the 5 hit threshold over the standard 8 ability and you can spam like crazy.

Also having the 2 finisher/combat moves ability combines with the combat drain ability ( and the runes to steal health with the combat drain ) and currently I can steal 36 health every 5 hits.