Xbox One launch title Ryse: Son of Rome announced for PC

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Desprado, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Desprado

Desprado Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 TI SLI
    Xbox One launch title Ryse: Son of Rome launches on PC later this year, developer Crytek has announced.

"4K gaming is another leap in graphics quality for PC gamers and Ryse is the perfect showcase for what's now possible in high-end PC games," Crytek business development chief Carl Jones said.

"We've given our team the opportunity to show what CryEngine can really achieve, without compromising quality, thanks to the incredible hardware available now to PC gamers. Ryse will be a benchmark PC graphics showcase this year and probably for a long time in future. Our community asked for a Ryse PC version, and we have the means and technology to deliver this title with the highest quality possible."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-07-xbox-one-launch-title-ryse-son-of-rome-announced-for-pc

2. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I have shat on Ryse multiple times and I still believe this is one awful game but....I will buy this because I'm desperate for graphics intensive games on PC.

How sad is that.

3. Desprado

Desprado Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 TI SLI
    that is crytek known for.I will pre order this game.

4. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    Pretty graphics doesn't make a dull and ****ty game into a playable game.

5. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Another one to add to the: sold badly on xbox one exclusive...now coming to PC to recoup costs

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Quite sad to see what's happened to PC gaming.

7. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I imagine it will look much better on PC, I played it and beat it on Xbox One and I have to say, the gameplay is pure garbage. Like Kezen, I'd love to have a new graphical showcase to (struggle to) run on PC. But damn, this game was a chore to get through, I can't do it again.

8. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I don't get this comment. PC gaming is better than ever and more games releasing on it can't be a bad thing. Ryse is hardly a masterpiece but I will get a kick out of it especially with glorious visuals.

Looks already pretty darn good on Xbox One, I suspect it must use the PC version's medium/high settings with maybe a few stuff on very high. Crytek suggests in the press release that graphical improvements are to be expected.

The CryEngine is absolutely stunning on high-end specs.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF1zjDSqPoo

AMD's Mantle could also make an appearance as the CryEngine has native support for the API. Furthermore AMD and Crytek seem to have a good relationship (Crysis 3 was a Gaming Evolved game).
    If you ask me I'd rather like Nvidia to be their partner instead : Physx, HBAO+, TXAA and the likes.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  9. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    HE'S A CONCOLERO NOW, SO EXPECT HATE TOWARDS PC. :)
    caps.

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    crytek = must skip for me

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah, I'm a consolero, that's why I just bought Elite Dangerous for £50 and seriously considering getting a hotas to play the game for another £170. I've been a PC gamer for longer than you've lived so stop ridiculing yourself you clueless fool.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Like you said, you'll be getting it not because it's good, but because it's pretty. That was my point. PC gaming atm has very little to offer, with people buying games because they look good, not because they're good. What doesn't make sense?

13. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I don't think we can generalize like that. ;)

Maybe I'm a bit desperate for graphical showcase...I never tried to hide the fact that I highly value graphical fidelity and tech in general.
    Ryse won't turn into a must-have even at 4K but it will look ludicrously gorgeous and to me that's already something that counts.

Plenty of very high quality titles are doing well on PC, the current state of the PC market leaves nothing but optimism even though multiplats will continue to sell better on consoles.

More than everything the PC market of today is diverse. Unlike on consoles there is a place for every type of games on PC.

14. slayer213

slayer213 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Amp! 8 GB
    well i don't own any consoles - purely a PC player and don't have much idea about this game other than seeing the gameplay vids on YouTube. Looks fine to me as i generally like third person action adventure games. So for me, its good news if its now being released on PC and I can also check it out.

15. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I agree. I'm 33, when I was gaming in 95, hell 2000, I never thought I'd see PC gamers go ape sh*t for a console port. Those were always titles PC Gamers never touched and games that never sold well in the 90's. Now good luck finding a big exclusive that isn't attached to a steam indie group (and usually is a survival game, forest, dayz, etc) and runs like ass.

I don't agree with this comment at all. At all. You must be young. PC Gaming is at one of it's worst points in history. I was a PC-only gamer for almost 20 years and finally bought consoles because I'm fried with PC. PC has some amazing hardware, some great advances, but the games are simply ports. Yes Ryse is only 900p on Xbox One, but I played it almost a year ago. I'm not jealous at all that you had to wait a year to play the same terrible game with a higher resolution.

I hate this labels. Just because we own consoles doesn't make us fanboys. I love how you neglect to look at his specs and see he ALSO OWNS A PC! As do I. Why can't someone just be a gamer that wants to play things on all platforms.

If you didn't own a pc capable of gaming I could see his argument, but you game on PC regularly and even argued with me about the high points of PC over consoles. You're a PC gamer, sir. I agree.

This. PC gaming has become an expensive console port box. Bragging rights because your $2,000 sli rig can run the same game I played a year ago in 4k with higher res textures. Great. Is it still a boring game? Yes? Then what's the point?

You want graphical fidelity? Swallow your pride, allow yourself to play Infamous Second son on PS4 and enjoy. Or Killzone Shadow Fall.

As far as being diverse, console is diverse as well, plenty of indie titles making it over these days. PC does have steam greenlight which is HUGE. But I think your diverse comment is invalid. This isn't the N64-era. Developers are bringing a lot of various content to consoles.

I just wish people would play both and enjoy games for being fun. Everyone stays indignant until they own something else and then allow themselves to give it some praise.

16. Smooth Operator

Smooth Operator Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX690
    What a load of bollocks! You're entitled to your opinion of course but your perception of what makes something good and mine are completely different.

I don't consider needing to upgrade hardware often to keep playing games at max settings, having separate downloads to patch games and needing to keep track of them individually, far more driver issues etc. to be the best time in PC gaming, that's just elitist BS. Something being harder does not make it better, not only that most of the top games of the era have current sequels and/or spiritual successors.

I don't see why it is such a huge deal for games to be multiplatform to people these days, like people going mental over XB1 exclusives coming to PC when for the most part they are two completely different markets. Not only that but you can't seriously expect big budget PC only games with the current economics of game development it's simply unrealistic.

Even if you take recent examples like Witcher or Metro, the only reason they were possible is because the devs are from poor countries and get paid peanuts compared to most others. At most you could complain that the industry as a whole has problems but to try and claim it is only PC is laughable.

I also have to question what relevance it makes to when a games is played, you played an inferior version last year, good for you, surely that is only important to someone who is too impatient to wait and has to buy everything straight away? Now nobody was bragging about getting a superior version of a bad game but surely bragging about paying more for a bad game to play it earlier is the stupid one, regardless of whether it is inferior or not?

This brings me to your final points which are really laughably contradictory, you say to just get a PS4 if you want graphical fidelity which is pretty silly since PC is still superior and then you claim there is tons of diversity on the next-gen consoles and the two games you suggest a pretty average sequels of average IPs :grin: . KZ:SF like it's predecessors is all graphics no substance, were it not the fact it is an exclusive it wouldn't get any recognition because there are much better FPS out there and the same goes for Infamous, it's no better than Prototype and yet it gets huge praise for a rather dull and repetitive game.

In my experience of the 100's of games I played last gen exclusives are no longer worth it because multiplatform games are just as good and in a lot of cases better these days. The big exclusives tend to pigeon whole themselves into the same tropes to sell to casuals because they cost so much to make they can't afford to take big risks or change anything anymore.

In Microsoft's case they are also complete money grabbing arseholes and using the opportunity to monetise their big franchises especially in Forza which absolutely killed it for me.

I question any PC gamer who suggests a PS4 and/or XB1 is the way to go because of the games they offer when the only company offering anything even remotely different to the rest is Nintendo and the WiiU is the only logical choice as far as I'm concerned if you want to diversify your gaming portfolio.

17. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Multi-platform games just as good as exclusives ? I wish that was true for me as that would make me enjoy todays games much more.