Catalyst Eye & winEx

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Optimis0r, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Optimis0r

Optimis0r Guest

GPU:
    HD 7950 OEM
    Guys I've coded a couple of tools which some may find useful. I have used these tools for driver modding and have done some quick changes to make them look 'pretty' for the general public.

Catalyst Eye
    This program reads the display inf files found in catalyst drivers before driver installation. It then displays some quick information about the build version and date. In addition the program displays what AMD devices will install. The program is only compatible with Catalyst Drivers.

You can also convert and view the contents of Catalyst Application Profiles. Contains alot of undocumented driver settings in there to look at.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

winEx
    This program expands compressed windows installation files. For example dl_ to dll etc. Why would you want to do this? If you install a new driver and it breaks compatibility with a program and game you can expand a dll file from an older file and place it the folder containing the application.exe. For example if a 32bit dx9 game has some issues try placing atiumdag.dll from another driver into the folder containing the application.exe. This is a quick way to test drivers without having to install / uninstall drivers.

reference:
    atiumdag.dll – DX9 32bit
    atiumd64.dll – DX9 64bit
    atioglxx.dll / atigktxx.dll – openGL32bit
    atio6axx.dll / atig6txx.dll – openGL 64bit
    aticfx32.dll + atidxx32.dll – DX10/11 32bit
    aticfx64.dll + atidxx64.dll – DX10/11 64bit

[​IMG]

MediaFire Download Link

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  2. kevsamiga1974

kevsamiga1974 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Nice work. :thumbup:

I see it requires .NET 4 to work. At least for Catalyst eye.

Not all Catalyst drivers need or require .NET 4. And for Win7 it's just an optional bolt on. Maybe worth noting this in .readme.

But it's some good utils that simplifies the fiddly CMD line stuff. Thanks man.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  3. |ALE|

|ALE| Guest

great work, thanks! :)

4. Optimis0r

Optimis0r Guest

GPU:
    HD 7950 OEM
    you're welcome

Thank you I will update the readme when I bundle the tools in with modded drivers for legacy users.

Yes I coded these tools using .NET framework.

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
  6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Would also be a good idea if the program could show the .ini files from a driver that is not installed (ie just downloaded) so people can check if their cards are supported or not. Also it would be awesome if the program could edit the .ini file to enable that persons card to work with that driver.

Overall great work my friend! :)

7. Optimis0r

Optimis0r Guest

GPU:
    HD 7950 OEM
    thats what it does now.... obviously the driver has to be installed to get the blob files.

browse to a driver folder and the program will look in all sub directory that only contains the display inf file.

not a bad idea...

8. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Just have a couple of comments....

Did you know there is already an app included with AMD drivers that converts blb files into XML?

Also, 7-Zip can extract compressed driver files, and lastly the drivers don't need to be installed to read the .inf, all you need to do is extract the package with 7-Zip...

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  9. Optimis0r

Optimis0r Guest

GPU:
    HD 7950 OEM
    yes i do... this app is a front end for that. its just quicker and more user friendly not to go into commandline.

as i said earlier catalyst eye does that now. It reads .inf before installation.

10. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    Good Job Optimis0r..

really a handy tool, and ya would like to suggest one more feature to the WinEx,
    It can expand the files well and good,, can the re packing feature be included as to function as the reverse process, In Command prompt we use the command

makecab *.dll

11. Optimis0r

Optimis0r Guest

GPU:
    HD 7950 OEM
    no problem. its just the reverse of expand so should be quick to do.